Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You're capable of better analysis than that surely????????????
I dont watch arse much so maybe Raya is giving the ball straight to the opposition everytime . But if we are deciding who is better after 10-15 games, i think it is difficult to say the one who conceded way less is worse. Like i said , I like Vic, hes been good for us!

I dont watch arse much so maybe Raya is giving the ball straight to the opposition everytime . But if we are deciding who is better after 10-15 games, i think it is difficult to say the one who conceded way less is worse. Like i said , I like Vic, hes been good for us!

How many goals do you have Vic at fault for?

I refuse to believe a grown man has this thought process

Last edited:
Tonight it didn’t?

ONE point in 15. ONE.

Terrible stuff. If this was Nuno, you’d all be frothing at the mouth.

But because Wee Ange tells our defenders to stand on the halfway line you want to give him time.

He’s out of his depth. Will be sacked next season.
The thing is nuno had us playing shit boring football - Ange has shown what he can do , This season I have seen some of the best football from this team in years and then we got fucked by Injuries!
I guess now you can tell the fans who dont really watch us and just look at the results!

All very well but he has never met the obstinate force that is THFC. There is something about the place that pushes back against change and embraces what it is. We know from history that at the top, the drive to be number one just isnt there. It makes it so difficult for the manager.

Ange says all the right things and is obviously a good manager but it is fucking difficult being our manager as everything never seems to be pulling in the right direction.
Another top post. There's been a few this morning.
Another thing I find alarming is so many people saying he shouldn't be under any pressure.

What...The...Fuck....

After such an appalling run of form OF COURSE he should be under pressure. As should everyone at the football club..

People wondering why we know longer win anything should bear this in mind. At any other top club the pressure to win is what drives them to success. It's been lacking at our football club for far too long.

Conte called it right......

We've definitely ground out results this season.

The main issue is a certain section of the fanbase were wanting to jump on Ange from the start because of his background. But they couldn't because of how great we started. It pained them.

Now we hit a bump and they're out. Luckily, they are a minority and pretty easy to ignore.

Expectations can change through a season, but that doesn't detract from what your original goals were. Most people on here thought we'd finish fucking mid table without Kane. Now they're crying that we could indeed be mid table after 16 games. Despite us sitting 5th and 3 points off fourth currently...

We were incredibly silly against Chelsea and it cost us. We were poor against Wolves, arguably our worst performance of the season. Incredibly unlucky against Villa, three offside goals and hit the post twice and should have blown West Ham away. There's enough promise in the performance to realise we're heading in the right direction but quite clearlys lack a few things, including two key players that make this system tick.

We knew as soon as our injuries and suspensions hit that we needed to stay strong and just back the team and manager, support them nd get to January where we can hopefully reinforce the squad and get closer to bringing everyone back into the mix. A few results doesn't change that.
I didnt want him from the start , but I said i was willing to give him a go and see what he could do and he has shown more than enough so far to prove that he is the man to get us back to winning ways - ultimately though Football is a results business but we need to remember its his first season and although we have a very good starting 11 the squad is actually shite!
Also you only have to Look at Lego heads first season , most of the fans wanted him out but he has had the time and the backing to get the players he wanted and they are up their now , people just need to be patient like we were in Pochs first season!
Also you cant forget We sold A once in a generation world class striker and replaced him with fucking Richie!!!!!!!! yet we have still played some amazing football this season!

But it will piss fans off when they see our competitors spending harder. I can see the sense in the strategy but also understand the fans being pissed off. Especially those still forking out for season tickets.
But don't forget, we were told for years the new multi purpose sports arena, with the windfall of cash from having the highest match day revenue in Europe along with all the revenue from third party events........we'd finally be competing with our rivals.

Patience was the Buzz word.

In reality, as a few of us suspected, nothing has changed

But don't forget, we were told for years the new multi purpose sports arena, with the windfall of cash from having the highest match day revenue in Europe along with all the revenue from third party events........we'd finally be competing with our rivals.

We competed this summer.

But as I said I can fully understand fans anger when woolwich pool and Villa all outspend us in January.

Half this forum "gee I never saw that coming...."

Absolute bullshit.

Does Levy force him at gunpoint to play Kulusevski at RW and cut back 100% of the times, so every EPL player already knows that ?

Our attack has been shit for so many games, but Ange has done nothing to change it. But SOMETHING NEEDS TO CHANGE.

Apart from tweaks to the midfield to help aid creativity.......

...And despite a raft of attacking injuries (at one point we only had Son / Kulu + 1 fit and at other times had to routinely sub Son & Madz early cos they were playing through problems too) :

Brentford: Son / Rich / Kulu
Man U: Son / Rich / Kulu
B'muff: Son / Rich / Kulu
Fulham: Peri / Rich / Solomon
Burnley: Solomon / Son / Kulu
Sheff U: Solomon / Son / Kulu
Arse: Johnson / Son / Kulu
L'pool: Rich / Son / Kulu
Luton: Rich / Son / Kulu
Fulham: Rich / Son / Kulu
CPalace: Rich / Son / Kulu
Chavs: Johnson / Son / Kulu
Wolves: Johnson / Son / Kulu
Villa: Gil / Son / Johnson
Man C: Gil / Son / Johnson
WHam: Johnson / Son / Kulu

.............That's a lot of changes and forced upheaval over 16 games.

I can't be arsed tracking all the subs from the season too, but in the last 2 games alone he DID change the attack.....

Man C: Moved Kulu onto the RW and rescued the point.
WHam: Moved Kulu inside and had Porro playing wider in an attempt to salvage points.

The suddenly popular "Ange changes nothing" shtick is a myth.

Last edited:
Another top post. There's been a few this morning.
Another thing I find alarming is so many people saying he shouldn't be under any pressure.

What...The...Fuck....

After such an appalling run of form OF COURSE he should be under pressure. As should everyone at the football club..

People wondering why we know longer win anything should bear this in mind. At any other top club the pressure to win is what drives them to success. It's been lacking at our football club for far too long.

Conte called it right......
Conte was a cunt and his football was dire, he clearly wanted out. But that presser that he gave was 100% bang on the money about this club, about the owners and the lack of ambition.

It's probably the most honest statement given by anybody at the club since Burkenshaw's famous quote "There used to be a football club over there"

Not that half of the ENIC bots probably even know who Burkenshaw is.

Conte was a cunt and his football was dire, he clearly wanted out. But that presser that he gave was 100% bang on the money about this club, about the owners and the lack of ambition.

It's probably the most honest statement given by anybody at the club since Burkenshaw's famous quote "There used to be a football club over there"

Not that half of the ENIC bots probably even know who Burkenshaw is.

Isn't it Burkinshaw?

Back
Top Bottom