Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Watching that interview I’d bet good money BAP has read “Good to Great” and is a believer on getting the right people on your bus. For the right reasons.

Whether Harry Kane really wants to be a passenger or needs to be told to get off said bus is probably going to be discussed this week.

I hope at least in the short term Harry wants to be an integral part of the journey.
And if he doesn’t then Danny boy knows it’s his job to throw him off sooner rather than later.

There’s a lot of people who have been on this bus for a long time. Some of them definitely need to get off ASAP.

I think if Kane decides to stay, Ange is backed in the market with a couple of high quality defenders, the players all buy in and adapt to the style of play and we get a healthy dose of luck, then we can avoid relegation this season, absolutely.

I enjoy reading the Aussies posts . Say exactly what they think . Always a good trait in my mind .

Emo Sheep GIF by The Sad Times

Ange has to have balls of steel really... I just started to think of how monumentally difficult his task is. Lad has to have balls of steel.

- your biggest goalscorer and best player is either considering to leave now OR in one year in which case you have to find play one season with one system and then in one year time to significantly adjust it.
- long-serving captain of the club is also heading out of the door
- last 2 seasons team played with back 5 which is not usual system for Ange
- there is LOAD of unwanted loan players returning who has to be treated one way or another - Regulion, Rodon, Ndombele, Lo Celso. Plus some youngsters and questionmarks such as Spence? Gil? Scarlett? White?
- defense was utter tragedy last season,
- unbalanced squad with currently minimally 4 LWBs in the side (Regulion, Perisic, Udogie, Sessegnon) and 3 RWBs (Spence, Porro, Royal) while in CB... there are who? Romero, Dier, Davies, Sanchez and Tanganga? So 4 picks for 1 position in LWB and 5 picks (out of whom 2 are unusable) for 2 or 3 CB positions ?!? Same goes for midfielders vs LW players - you can use Skipp, Bissouma, Bentancur, PEH, Sarr, Maddisson in midfield but for LW player we have just Son I guess?
- also considering all players, returnees, new signings and potential youngsters - we have massively big squad, but only domestic football to play...
- number of players having injury problems or coming back from long injuries - Sess, Bissouma, Bentancur

So much to do here really.... So, So much...

Guy hasn't won a single game and he's a fan favorite.

Dier and Winks combined have about 600 appearances for us and have been crucified over and over again the last year.

Gotta love it.

Last edited:
Ange has to have balls of steel really... I just started to think of how monumentally difficult his task is. Lad has to have balls of steel.

- your biggest goalscorer and best player is either considering to leave now OR in one year in which case you have to find play one season with one system and then in one year time to significantly adjust it.
- long-serving captain of the club is also heading out of the door
- last 2 seasons team played with back 5 which is not usual system for Ange
- there is LOAD of unwanted loan players returning who has to be treated one way or another - Regulion, Rodon, Ndombele, Lo Celso. Plus some youngsters and questionmarks such as Spence? Gil? Scarlett? White?
- defense was utter tragedy last season,
- unbalanced squad with currently minimally 4 LWBs in the side (Regulion, Perisic, Udogie, Sessegnon) and 3 RWBs (Spence, Porro, Royal) while in CB... there are who? Romero, Dier, Davies, Sanchez and Tanganga? So 4 picks for 1 position in LWB and 5 picks (out of whom 2 are unusable) for 2 or 3 CB positions ?!? Same goes for midfielders vs LW players - you can use Skipp, Bissouma, Bentancur, PEH, Sarr, Maddisson in midfield but for LW player we have just Son I guess?
- also considering all players, returnees, new signings and potential youngsters - we have massively big squad, but only domestic football to play...
- number of players having injury problems or coming back from long injuries - Sess, Bissouma, Bentancur

So much to do here really.... So, So much...

Add to that a significant percentage of the fanbase expect a trophy.

And a minor percentage of nutters think we can win the league.

Due to no European football this season we will have significantly less money to spend next summer unless we qualify for the CL and ENIC decide to invest again.

But I think he’s an optimist. Every cloud has a silver lining and all that.

And the fact he will be getting paid a few million pounds won’t do any damage to his demeanour either.

I actually like this rule. Gives the initiative to the attacking team more. It’s not like you’re going to be goal hanging.

They actually approved that shitty proposed change?

When Wenger spearheaded the group that suggested this change, I expected they would, but my god how fucking stupid it is. It is supposed to make offside calls less marginal and controversial, but does not address that "problem" at all. All thus does is change where the line is drawn.

And what does changing where the line is drawn do? It increases the risk of high-line defending, and increases the efficiency of through balls into space. It will change the dynamics of defending and attacking tactical play, most likely into more bus-parking defending and more attempts to play early through-balls to runners in attack.

Like most changes to rules in football, this seems to have been decided by fucking morons who fail to see the consequences (how it would change defending, most off all) and who think it will have some benefits that it most definately will not (less marginal and controversial decisions).

Back
Top Bottom