Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

for him It would be better to have some friends among the press guys, because in July it's easy to embarrass journalists, but over the course of the season you can be sure they'll take their "revenge"
We know the press dont like us, they have been trying to sell Kane for years now!

Definitely Martin Jol vibes about him.

"I went up to the referee at the end and said,
'In England, can I tell you that you're a prick?'
He said, 'Of course not. You can't say that'.
So I said, 'Can I think you're a prick?'
He said, 'You can think whatever you like.'
So I said, 'Ok, I think you're a prick.'"

They're still asleep! Wait until they wake up and check NewsNow Spurs for the headlines!
You're right. I was up too early. :)

The Age, the paper in his home town of Melbourne, has put something up, dominated by the Harry Kane question:

The Australian takes a wider view, focussing on what Ange might mean for football at Spurs in the future:

The Herald Sun has rewritten an earlier piece on Ange to include some overage of the press conference, focussing mainly on his dad:

Memories of watching the Premier League at night with his father on the couch in Melbourne still dominate his mind.

“If you grow up on the other side of the world, you don’t have it (Premier League) on your doorstep so for the most part, for us, it was the English Premier League or the First Division when I was growing up and I remember Ricky Villa and Ossie Ardiles absolutely - I remember that FA Cup final absolutely,” he said.

“They were my best childhood memories, because it was me and my dad at 2am … sitting on a couch watching a game of football."

Basically everything he's said today has been pitch perfect. It's also unsurprising but still good to hear that he didn't take the job under the proviso of Kane staying at the club. We need to be flexible regarding that particular situation.

To be honest, Ange saying all the right things and Poch being a wee bit shameless has made me more glad than ever that the managerial appointments are the way around they are.

Fucking love his vibe. Very wistful and studious about the game, never realised he was coached for 3 years by Puskas, must have been the tits to work under such a legend of the game. I have much less doubt about his ability to win over the dressing room and the fans now, he doesn't seem like the type to let a rocky start crumble into poor form, he sounds very committed to his ideas and he's gonna need to be with the amount of flux that's gonna happen around him.
Here's to the beginning of the big Ange era :ange-pray:

well-that-is-something-v0-nkwin0q0k7bb1.jpg

Oh dear lord.

I’m surprised to see, after a quick whip around, that there’s more coverage of the press conference in Scotland than in the Australian press, where the soccer inches of the sports pages (a limited commodity) are currently dominated by the Women’s World Cup.

It's a different news cycle here mate.

It will get plenty of coverage in the sports bulletins and sports shows around and after dinner.

Last edited:
Yep, I'm on to it. I'm an Australian (well, a Gippslander anyway).

To the consternation of some, there are a few Australians on the forum these days. ;-)

:ange-clap:

Yes, I have earned the wrath of a few of the forum locals. Copped a nice of spray from a fan of English hypocr...I mean cricket on that forum. 😄

I do expect plenty of Ange stories, no matter how mundane to fill our sports coverage for however long he manages Spurs. I remember the days when every time Mark Bosnich made a save it would show up on the nightly sports report.

Back
Top Bottom