Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't like Richard Keys but he has suggested Postos vision is unprofessional and it won't work at the top level.

I said I don't like Keys. I simply passed on his comment for consideration and discussion. I don't know if he's right or wrong. I don't have a crystal ball and neither does anyone else.
I was not inviting insults towards me, but in hindsight that's the norm on here.

So what is the recognised recipe for success in the PL ?
Let's start at the back....a sound and settled defence. A fail straight away. A hammy prone speedster ( he has previous ) and an inconsistent nut job.
I know people loved it when Postecoglou made the "that's just who we are mate" statement but why can't a team attack for 43 minutes and then use some judgment for the last minutes before the half and the end of games? That's how I took what Keys said and I don't disagree with it.

Son has come out and said the players need to be more responsible in respect of their suspension offences.
Son shouldn't need to say this, it should be a given and come from the manager.
your posts have a consistent theme of of the manager as an omnipotent godlike being with supreme powers to determine the course of all events and take responsibility for all outcomes, you suffer from a delusional disorder or your a troll, I think it's the former, I honestly think you know nothing about what makes a team, a club or individuals successful in sport, I doubt you ever played in a team for any sustained period or if you did, won anything with them, could be wrong but your a loser, it shows in everything you post

I know people loved it when Postecoglou made the "that's just who we are mate" statement but why can't a team attack for 43 minutes and then use some judgment for the last minutes before the half and the end of games? That's how I took what Keys said and I don't disagree with it.

Let's look at what happened in the last 3 games. Chelski , dominant until a brain explosion. Is that on Ange? Wolves, played ugly granted and conceded late. Now with Villa, we could and should of been up x 3 goals. Is Ange to blame for the lack of finishing, or for the daft free kick conceded just before half time which changed the game. A game where we should have also had a penalty early on but alas VAR went missing.

Finally, this game management discussion falls apart when you look at how many times we had a 1 goal lead under say Conte/ Mou , only to sit back and " manage " a draw or defeat.

One thing we know for sure, is that whomever plays us will know they cant clock off. We could be 3 up, and still go for the jugular. I just hope that our injuries subside and that come Jan, our gaffer is backed.

Get on board with Ange he will get the team humming again there is no doubt, the first 10 games are not an anamoly he is the manager this club needs 100%
I have not said I wasn't on board, I was just responding to another post.
He will definitely get the team playing better, as for anything after that, it remains to be seen what he can or can't achieve.

I'm having another try to last on here today without having to log off for my sanity.

The point I would make to all these lovely people questioning Ange is this:

Despite the suspensions and injuries, the football we are playing seems to be getting better and better with every game (Wolves aside).

To me that shows Ange is working. Take our chances and we stuff Villa on the weekend. I have full faith.

Another important stat that isn't discussed much is how often the opposition get their first yellow in like the 80th minute against us. How it takes 10+ fouls for a player to get a card against us. How many times have we seen the opposition hack us down and one of ours gets the first yellow?

Foul to card ratio is completely fucked.
I've said it before (I know that I sound paranoid) but, I believe , there is some agenda against us.
Not one penalty for, 3 main starters taken out by opposition without proper recourse and numerous close calls that also go unpunished. Yellows handed out against us like confetti.
We get NO PROTECTION from the referees at all and the whole media do not back us.
I have tried to find footage of the hatchet job on Bentancur from Sunday and there is nothing on line and no mention at all. Why?
Somebody from the club needs to start making waves about this (unless it already has been done behind the scenes) before a Spurs player is forced to retire through injury.

I mean yes the club being in serious danger of getting 2 points from 6 matches even with the injury crisis is a big deal.

I don’t know why people are so resistant to the idea that this could happen to us. City are brilliant, West Ham are incredibly decisive on the counter, Moyes will have them up for the London derby and while Newcastle are also suffering an injury crisis they just beat Woolwich and thumped the Chavs.

This is the type of stretch that torpedoes a season. Obviously I hope it doesn’t happen but it’s a much more realistic possibility than people think. Wolves and Villa were very winnable matches and we really needed to get a result in one of them.

We play West Ham and Newcastle at home and will have Romero and Bissouma back by then as well as Sarr and Bentancur, we should be alright.

Think you just need to back us more and have some faith.

The kneejerk has been hilarious tbh.

Somewhat entertaining.

Yeah people really expose themselves when we lose a few matches or go on a bad run, it's like the world is caving in or something. 😆

That performance on Sunday with half our team missing should tell everyone enough about how we are going to handle the rest of the season.

We play West Ham and Newcastle at home and will have Romero and Bissouma back by then as well as Sarr and Bentancur, we should be alright.

Think you just need to back us more and have some faith.
The thing is, it's not a question of faith for me, I'm backing Ange based on the evidence of our performance against Villa.

Exactly, Keys has a point rightly or wrongly whether you like him or not. I wouldn't dismiss his point immediately because I don't like him.
Closing out 45 mins then the end of the game is a tactic we have seen many times by many teams. It might be boring but as I said I'd rather be bored than pissed off. It's only boring for a few minutes, I'm not suggesting we change our exciting style of play totally, just when it makes sense.

There will come a point where there is something legit to play for and it'll click.

Game management is important. If a win guarantees you a place in the CL, you don't throw 3 points away being "who we are mate"

Tbh, the players may need to take some responsibility for that on the pitch too.

Exactly, Keys has a point rightly or wrongly whether you like him or not. I wouldn't dismiss his point immediately because I don't like him.
Closing out 45 mins then the end of the game is a tactic we have seen many times by many teams. It might be boring but as I said I'd rather be bored than pissed off. It's only boring for a few minutes, I'm not suggesting we change our exciting style of play totally, just when it makes sense.

So you DO agree with him then....????

Christ; you can't even be honest from one post to the next!

We're capable of getting 9 points in my opinion.

I don’t agree with your opinion but good on you.

Distaste for scouse Distaste for scouse

Playing probably the best club side in the world next this poster thinks we can get 3 points with 1/2 the team being our 3rd string.

City have won 19/21 last league games at home.

Beaten every other team in the league - so safe to say our squad outdoes every other team they have played? It’s like the ultimate litmus test isn’t it?

Squad depth clearly not an issue for this man.

I don’t agree with your opinion but good on you.

Distaste for scouse Distaste for scouse

Playing probably the best club side in the world next this poster thinks we can get 3 points with 1/2 the team being our 3rd string.

City have won 19/21 last league games at home.

Beaten every other team in the league - so safe to say our squad outdoes every other team they have played? It’s like the ultimate litmus test isn’t it?

Squad depth clearly not an issue for this man.
Happy If You Say So GIF

So you DO agree with him then....????

Christ; you can't even be honest from one post to the next!

I said he has a point. That means it's worth discussion. This isn't about me or Keys it's about football.

Your agenda and vendetta is becoming tiresome and irrational. I don't feel you are contributing in a healthy way.

Back
Top Bottom