Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That’s utter bullshit. You’d say the likes of Klopp have never “compromised” on his system, adjusted it, made them play shit for a while to secure the result?

Don’t get me wrong, I like what the manager is doing right now at the club, but he needs to learn to adjust imo. We’re not the richest, biggest nor ambitious club in this league so he can get away with playing a single system all season. He’ll have different players at disposal in the upcoming games and if he thinks he can play the same type of football with our back-up players, well, he’d be a brave man...

I remember the issue was exactly the same when Poch was manager. People were complaining that he’d rather die than tweak his system.

Had Klopp ever compromised his system?

When Klopp lost Van Dijk in the Covid season and had to play Nat Phillips, Kabak and at times Jordan Henderson he was still playing a suicidal high line when his team were constantly being cut open, still stuck to his guns.

You'd like to think that his reaction would have a positive effect on referees as well going forward.

Unfortunately, these refs are under orders from the PL to ensure the deck is loaded against us. How can Romero's tackle be judged a straight Red when Havertz gets a Yellow. How is an elbow to the head not deemed violent conduct and not get a Red? At 10 apiece we then regain our momentum.

I think Romero's red was a symptom of this kick out against Colwill and the tackle for the pen, they gave him a benefit of the doubt on the first one but the 2nd one they had to review it - the guy was just was reckless all evening.

I loved the fact that we went out all guns blazing, still trying to win the game rather than capitulating and going out with a whimper.

This is the mindset and attitude that I want to see from this team, absolutely fearless.

Fucking Love this team.
Fearless Football

You'd like to think that his reaction would have a positive effect on referees as well going forward.

Unfortunately, these refs are under orders from the PL to ensure the deck is loaded against us. How can Romero's tackle be judged a straight Red when Havertz gets a Yellow. How is an elbow to the head not deemed violent conduct and not get a Red? At 10 apiece we then regain our momentum.
That's exactly what I meant by Karma.

Arteta had however long to cool down and accept a bad decision but instead he carried on like a pork chop. How will the referees think about his team going forward?

Ange showed a stiff upper lip and copped it on the chin. Spoke like a statesman and even supported the refs in his own way (they have lost control and should have it back). How will the referees think about his team going forward?

That's exactly what I meant by Karma.

Arteta had however long to cool down and accept a bad decision but instead he carried on like a pork chop. How will the referees think about his team going forward?

Ange showed a stiff upper lip and copped it on the chin. Spoke like a statesman and even supported the refs in his own way (they have lost control and should have it back). How will the referees think about his team going forward?

They will be relieved to get some pressure off so they can continue cheating and delivering decisions to match the narratives with impunity.

Only thing they react to is public pressure.

How you see this as "throwing a game" or going "hell for leather" is absolutely beyond me. We had 3 significant chances created with 9 men on the field (Dier's offside volley, Son's jinking run and Bentancur's mistimed header). One of those goes in, we're level and potentially consolidate for the draw. And a swift changing in your tune too, I imagine.

The scoreline shows a whipping but I've rarely felt more galvanised after a Spurs performance.
Absolutely bang on!

I’d take the occasional drubbing to never, ever see park the bus football ever again!

Perversely last night probably helped reinforce the Gaffer’s philosophy in the player’s minds and galvanised the squad.

Very obvious absence of players thrown under the bus as well that won’t go unnoticed.

With Poch’s return it was absolutely setup for an unraveling.

Such a shame we made it easy for them through ill discipline.

100%.

Silly on our part. Fell for the trap and npt getting into Romero and Udogie, who play with obvious fire was in hindsight (always easy to say) a mistake.

It's the collateral damage which we have to be fearful about, starting on Saturday.

We need the January window to add a couple of players I feel.

Last edited:
Absolutely bang on!

I’d take the occasional drubbing to never, ever see park the bus football ever again!

Perversely last night probably helped reinforce the Gaffer’s philosophy in the player’s minds and galvanised the squad.

Very obvious absence of players thrown under the bus as well that won’t go unnoticed.

Fair points but lose with 11 men on the pitch.

Disagree.

The press are eating out of Ange's hand.

Maybe the refs will also?

Which game have they so far?

Since Liverpool they’ve been taking every opportunity possible to fuck us.

They will continue to do it for the rest of the season..

Only thing they respond to is extra attention and publicity on their cheating behaviour.

A positive spin on this ... it forces us to go all out to buy another top, fast CB in Jan, and VdV comes back just as strong in the new year.

The season is young and VdV is a big blow, but we're in the mix for top 4 this season.

Many of us said we were 2-3 short for the title mix, and so it is likely to prove. But we're on a journey to fix that for next season.

100%.

Silly on our part. Fell for the trap amd npt getting into Romero and Udogie, who play with obvious fire was in hindsight (always easy to say) a mistake.

It's the collateral damage which we have to be fearful about, starting on Saturday.

We need the January window to add a couple of players I feel.
I can’t imagine deep down that there are many gleeful Chav fans this morning as it was painfully obvious that even with 9 men they could have lost it but for small margins.

VDV’s injury is unfortunately the most significant fall out from last night.☹️

He has been getting much deserved praise so far, but after last night he deserves to be questioned after a game like that...
It's not acceptable to loose 4-1 at home against them, especially with 9 men...its just tactically stupid, if you're man city and gave basically the best team in world football then fine, fill your boots..
We don't and never probably will, so just throwing a game against Chelsea is not acceptable. The 2 red cards obviously fucked up his plan, but you have to adapt. Not just blindly keep going hell for leather with 9 men.
That probably works in Australia, Japan or Scotland, but not in the Premier league.
I really have been amazed by his work with our squad and the way he talks, but last night was a shit show that he deserves some of the blame for....
If you watch Ange's post match interviews you'll see he says "This is who we are... if we only have 5 players we will still have a crack.."

If you don't like it, then tough. :dembelefingers:

Which game have they so far?

Since Liverpool they’ve been taking every opportunity possible to fuck us.

They will continue to do it for the rest of the season..

Only thing they respond to is extra attention and publicity on their cheating behaviour.
Let's start with Liverpool.

Don't think you can say they fucked us that day, or today.

We did that perfectly well ourselves (and Romero got one big reprieve).

Let's start with Liverpool.

Don't think you can say they fucked us that day, or today.

We did that perfectly well ourselves (and Romero got one big reprieve).

Every game since Liverpool we’ve been on the chopping block.

No excuse for VAR to let James off for that elbow.

Would have been 1-0 and 10v10 which would have been no only the right decision but also the right reflection of the game so far.

If you're not on board with Ange ball, then find someone else to follow. We're playing his way, and that's it.

Get on the train, or get the fuck outta here.
You are exactly right. We’ve been moaning for years now that the football has been dire and now have a manager who has this philosophy to go out and play high tempo,high risk entertaining football and if you can’t enjoy that or at the very least don’t complain then just think back to the end of last season.
The way we started the game last night made me feel like I was watching something that I didn’t think I’d see at Tottenham. If that sonny goal had stood(which was incredible football) we’d have won that game by a cricket score. Yes it did unravel but everything that could go wrong did go wrong. Sometimes it doesn’t go your way but I guarantee you we will have an awful lot more good days than bad days.

Get onboard and enjoy this because this is on another level with Big Ange.

You are exactly right. We’ve been moaning for years now that the football has been dire and now have a manager who has this philosophy to go out and play high tempo,high risk entertaining football and if you can’t enjoy that or at the very least don’t complain then just think back to the end of last season.
The way we started the game last night made me feel like I was watching something that I didn’t think I’d see at Tottenham. If that sonny goal had stood(which was incredible football) we’d have won that game by a cricket score. Yes it did unravel but everything that could go wrong did go wrong. Sometimes it doesn’t go your way but I guarantee you we will have an awful lot more good days than bad days.

Get onboard and enjoy this because this is on another level with Big Ange.

Great post mate, and great attitude.

We all knew a bump was coming eventually. Well it has (ok it was more of a hill than a bump but there you go)...we pick ourselves up, stay classy, and we go again.

Think someone mentioned that yesterday would only have highlighted to our players how Ange is going to stick to his attacking principles and that everyone is on board with that.

Back
Top Bottom