Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's the start of the project. The players that are making us look good right now have been signings from over the last few years and for.me lend some confidence that we are doing things much better now.

sarr
Udogie
Romeo
Bissouma
Maddison

Sure we still have some problem areas to bolster but with one game a week we will have a bit more time on our side to let the project evolve without too much impatience
And that is precisely what Ange does. He gets players running through brick walls for him. He will squeeze every last drop of their talent out of them. It’s why he talks big about learning about the players, seeing who can adapt to his style. He doesn’t need big names, he just needs players who respond to his methods. It’s gonna be a hell of a season. Enjoy the roller coaster.

I did say we'd enjoy the Football he'll have us playing.

Didn't expect this reaction after two games though.

I'd like to say temper your expectations, but we've been starved of this feeling for too long, so it's great to see so many happy fans.

I've been a fan of AP since my time in Brisbane, I had no doubts about his ability.

So happy this quality man is our manager.

All the “fucking Ange fan boys coming on here ruining the forum- he’s proven nothing and comes from shit leagues” lot are very quiet tonight.
So what do you expect them to say? :ange-facepalm: It’s been two games lol… we had our best Premier League start last season, how that turned out? Let’s see where we are in December/January, when Postecoglou will have more time to bed his system in, then we’ll talk.

He's desperate to bring success to this football club and the players seem to be willing to run through a wall for him, it's beautiful to see. No drama or nonsense, just dedication and positive energy.. Special things can happen if they can keep this up over the course of a season.

So what do you expect them to say? :ange-facepalm: It’s been two games lol… we had our best Premier League start last season, how that turned out? Let’s see where we are in December/January, when Postecoglou will have more time to bed his system in, then we’ll talk.
If you can’t see that there is a philosophy already emerging along the lines that the “Ange fanboys” from Celtic/Australia have been saying from day one, then I will leave you to your blind scepticism.

It doesn't really help digging each other out here. Some were sceptical and are coming around. Others remain sceptical as we e only had 2 games, which is fair enough really.

Take it a game at a time and enjoy what's there to be enjoyed.

No one is right or wrong here, and perpetuating the arguments just detracts from the enjoyment.

It was a great result today and, more importantly, there are some serious signs that our Football will put a smile on our faces rather than frowns.

Shelving the personal agendas would be great.

I'm definitely an Ange fanboy, but rarely post about it anywhere because that would be fucking annoying.

I really enjoyed the game last night (230am this morning for me). However it was clear that there was still a lot of work to do, and Ange will be very far from happy yet.

What Ange always seems to do well is help get the most out of players by "protecting" them. It's such a small thing, but he never names/blames a player to the media. And that provides the players with an environment where they can, as he would put it, "be brave". I get the impression that he has succeeded in this aspect, which is why some players are feeling like new signings (as well as system changes).

Is this what it feels like to not get laid for several years, and then suddenly have Margot Robbie come round for some real nasty every Saturday? Asking for a friend :ange-bored:

It doesn't really help digging each other out here. Some were sceptical and are coming around. Others remain sceptical as we e only had 2 games, which is fair enough really.

No one is right or wrong here, and perpetuating the arguments just detracts from the enjoyment.

It was a great result today and, more importantly, there are some serious signs that our Football will put a smile on our faces rather than frowns.

taylor swift GIF

Don’t disagree. However, there were a lot of posters on here berating anyone who joined to talk about Ange. Immediately branded as “fanboys” etc.
If people want to come here and talk football, then fair enough. Admin Admin is pretty good at culling the trolls and tosspots.
There’s a lot of new posters on here who want to talk about Ange & their enthusiasm about the bloke is infectious.
Yes, it’s only 2 games. But in those 2 games there’s been a monumental shift in optimism from most fans.
People can see what he’s trying to instil and it’s exactly what all these posters have been saying from day one.
I think it only fair to mention that they have a point about his ability, whether they are from Celtic, Australia or the moon.
His work has only just begun and there’s a buzz around the club that we’ve not had a whiff of since peak Poch.

Don’t disagree. However, there were a lot of posters on here berating anyone who joined to talk about Ange. Immediately branded as “fanboys” etc.
If people want to come here and talk football, then fair enough. Admin Admin is pretty good at culling the trolls and tosspots.
There’s a lot of new posters on here who want to talk about Ange & their enthusiasm about the bloke is infectious.
Yes, it’s only 2 games. But in those 2 games there’s been a monumental shift in optimism from most fans.
People can see what he’s trying to instil and it’s exactly what all these posters have been saying from day one.
I think it only fair to mention that they have a point about his ability, whether they are from Celtic, Australia or the moon.
His work has only just begun and there’s a buzz around the club that we’ve not had a whiff of since peak Poch.
Mate, I was singing his praises before he got here and got laughed at for it. I'm not digging out the posters that did that though.

I don't care what's happened before, no one wins by continuing the cunt offs, it just spoils what should be enjoyed by ALL Spurs fans whether they were believers or not.

Leave all the other shit behind and enjoy the present is all I'm saying, the future will look after itself.

Mate, I was singing his praises before he got here and got laughed at for it. I'm not digging out the posters that did that though.

I don't care what's happened before, no one wins by continuing the cunt offs, it just spoils what should be enjoyed by ALL Spurs fans whether they were believers or not.

Leave all the other shit behind and enjoy the present is all I'm saying, the future will look after itself.
very magnanimous of you.
I’d like to think that the people who had a go at the new posters who came to sing his praises and wish us well have a rethink.

Like many fans I’ve been underwhelmed and frustrated since the end of the Pochettino era. Watched everything I could about Ange in pre-season and liked what he was about. Exactly what Spurs needed. Wasn’t sure how his football would look with our team in the prem but today was pure class. Can only get better and so long as we’re daring to do we’ll find a way to keep getting better. COYS!

Back
Top Bottom