Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The better we play, the less toxic it gets on here as the usual suspects tend to lay low until the next loss or bit of bad news.

You notice it on match days - a win and some people are nowhere to be seen, loss and they're out with posts in their droves. It why I tend not to look on here for a bit after a loss.

Settles down a bit when the transfer window is shut too.

Hopefully Ange can get us on an upward curve and we can all be 'happy clappers' together!

A couple of the usual suspect conspicuous by their absences tonight...

Eh?

Yeah, I don't care about the club. Good one.

Racist? You're well out of line.

He's proving me wrong, we're doing better than I expected. He still needs help from Levy as this squad does have some limitations and areas that require improvement.

Don't be a dick.
It's the start of the project. The players that are making us look good right now have been signings from over the last few years and for.me lend some confidence that we are doing things much better now.

sarr
Udogie
Romeo
Bissouma
Maddison

Sure we still have some problem areas to bolster but with one game a week we will have a bit more time on our side to let the project evolve without too much impatience

That's encouraging news. :)

As I say, I 'm too new to TFC to have an informed opinion or to know the patterns. Looking forward to a universal outbreak of unicorns and rainbows after this weekend's game!
Well, I must say, I have woken up this morning to find the general atmosphere of this thread completely transformed.

🌈 🦄 🌈 🦄

In other news, Luis Enrique drew his second game in a row. This time PSG scored though (from a pen). Maybe a bit early to call it, but it feels like a massive bullet dodged.

The day we signed this guy has been a radical turnaround

Of course there will be some setbacks, but we have started something really special with him.
It's the same as he's done everywhere, and more and more I'm sensing that it'll be no different here.

Of course there will be much more challenging days than today, but the way he galvanises everyone behind a common purpose and sells the players the idea of embarking on 'a journey' together where you're constantly looking to improve the football we play, can be a really powerful motivator. You can already see players buying in.

Miserable, ignorant man.

RBL:
BL: 3rd, 3rd, 2nd, 4rd, 3rd
ECL win %: 47.3
EL win %: 45.8
Last 5 years.
ECL-R16
ECL-SF
ECL-R16
EL-SF
EL-bombed
Bayern aside, no club is really scary in Bundesliga... Are Leipzig better than Celtic? Yes they are. Doesn’t mean it was mission impossible to get something out of their games. Bet you go the same defeatist attitude when we face some of the top clubs in Europe?

Good to see that the agenda cunts have slithered back into their hole for the day. No doubt they’ll be back tomorrow if we don’t sign someone or next week if we misfire.
Fuck’em — I am going to love the season.

On patrol for 'agenda cunts' tonight Not?

I hope no racisms slip through as you focus on your new mission.

All the “fucking Ange fan boys coming on here ruining the forum- he’s proven nothing and comes from shit leagues” lot are very quiet tonight.
I’m very confident that I was right to listen to these “fan boys” all along. There’s something he did differently at Celtic that has these chaps frothing. After all, they usually win trophies up there anyway whoever the manager is.
Really loving what I’ve seen so far and can’t wait to see the main course if these games are just for starters
:ledleylick:

Ange seems to have been the perfect choice for this Tottenham rebuild. I do think Levy should open the check book though and give him the signings he wants/needs so that he can really begin to shape and mold the team the way he wants.

I think its important for the fans to know that despite the positive start and promising signs this is still a transition year which will have its low points. The key thing is to see the team improve int heir play and identify a clear style in which they want to play. That will allow the scouts to have an easier time identifying the correct players that will fit the system.

Great signs so far. Tottenham have a theoretical "easy" run in the next few games, pick up some wins there and it can really set up the season nicely.

Ange seems to have been the perfect choice for this Tottenham rebuild. I do think Levy should open the check book though and give him the signings he wants/needs so that he can really begin to shape and mold the team the way he wants.

I think its important for the fans to know that despite the positive start and promising signs this is still a transition year which will have its low points. The key thing is to see the team improve int heir play and identify a clear style in which they want to play. That will allow the scouts to have an easier time identifying the correct players that will fit the system.

Great signs so far. Tottenham have a theoretical "easy" run in the next few games, pick up some wins there and it can really set up the season nicely.
to be fair the defence and midfield look fine now, especially in a season where its only domestic football. the front line is a big worry though.

Back
Top Bottom