Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It was a heat of the moment rant from Ange after a very strange game. I wouldn’t really dwell on it. He’s not absolving himself of criticism.
I just dont particulaly like finger pointing and blame shifting, reminds me of Mourinho. In general though i agree, i'm a lot less bothered about comments and press conferences than most.

What does concern me is 10 pts in 10 games and 37 pts in 27 games. Its an utterly abysmal run of form. As bad as any we've seen over the last 20 years.

Don’t fancy the ‘people inside and outside the club’ statement with no amplification or elaboration.
Say all or say nothing. Or according to my gran say what you saying or shut up.

I'm even more behind Ange after this. Seeing how pissed off he is pleases me. If he can't change this club then no-one can.
He can’t change the club though. Only money can.

I’m not saying that as a dig at ENIC. It is what it is. The reality of PL financing is terrifying.

I like Ange, obviously want him to succeed but he’s had a bad week. He needs to stop talking such a good game. He can’t sit there, shrug his shoulders and say ‘ I just want to win’. That’s an infantile approach. He claims not to care about what other people think. He *should*. Because he’s simply not good enough or experienced enough in this league to indulge that sort of arrogance.

Conte and Jose really had earned that right. He’s won the SPL, J league and A league. You don’t get to question the foundations of a century old club with that CV.

He can’t change the club though. Only money can.

I’m not saying that as a dig at ENIC. It is what it is. The reality of PL financing is terrifying.

I like Ange, obviously want him to succeed but he’s had a bad week. He needs to stop talking such a good game. He can’t sit there, shrug his shoulders and say ‘ I just want to win’. That’s an infantile approach. He claims not to care about what other people think. He *should*. Because he’s simply not good enough or experienced enough in this league to indulge that sort of arrogance.

Conte and Jose really had earned that right. He’s won the SPL, J league and A league. You don’t get to question the foundations of a century old club with that CV.
Don't you think that might be what we need tho?

Jose and Conte may have earned the right but we went backwards under them.

I think anyone who thought Ange was a shit tactician should be very heartened by what they saw yesterday. We played without a striker and with a new left side of defence and played very well against the best team in the league. It was a very solid display.

It was a heat of the moment rant from Ange after a very strange game. I wouldn’t really dwell on it. He’s not absolving himself of criticism.
with no CF and LB fit, some of us have been shouting about playing without a CF, keep Son on Left (he's not a CF) and putting VDV as LB
so if we can see why did it take Ange so long ?
yes its heartening to see him change
bit late in the day
but what about only 10 points in 10 games ?

Why is that comparable?

We weren't sacrificing a trophy.

Stop reaching with your bullshit and go find a team to support that you actually believe in instead of following someone you believe in and pretending to love the team they're managing.

Fuck off and do that.
NLD forum for you mate.
You're not a true supporter.
All you're worried about is Woolwich

I've never seen anything so pathetic.
Fans having a go at our coach because he wanted to go out and beat the best team in the world, rather than roll over and gain some banter points for the knuckle draggers.
Good on him for standing up to these idiots.
If you want to score banter points against Woolwich, you need to be better than them. Anything else is pathetic.
So you don't give a pathetic, losers press conference before sending your team out to meekly surrender to them do you. You don't follow it up with an equally disgusting performance against our other big rivals just days later.

He's brought this on himself. Pure and simple

I've never seen anything so pathetic.

Fans having a go at our coach because he wanted to go out and beat the best team in the world, rather than roll over and gain some banter points for the knuckle draggers.

Good on him for standing up to these idiots.

If you want to score banter points against Woolwich, you need to be better than them. Anything else is pathetic.

Yeah it’s a very West Ham mentality

Don't you think that might be what we need tho?

Jose and Conte may have earned the right but we went backwards under them.
I think what we need are some exceptional attacking players. Again, not a dig at the club. They’re hard to find. I look at our team and don’t see the one or two incredible players that are going to drag us over the line.

We have the defenders, but not the front three. Son, as much as we love him, isn’t getting any younger.

I just think Ange is putting ridiculous pressure on himself. If he himself says that all he cares about is winning, what else do we have to judge him on? I’d have *loved* to see this anger when we rolled over for the Chavs. Instead we got our tummies tickled and the usual presser about ‘who we are’.

I didn’t like the way he spoke about the club yesterday. No more, no less. Not a big deal. Just thought he sounded like a sulking teenager. You can’t call the club out, inside and out, and then refuse to elaborate. He looked like a school boy in detention. And *that* felt small time.

Anyway, back him, get him his players and let’s see where we go.

It’s just a shit situation all round. The annoying thing is that it’s happened to us, any other fan base would see similar behaviour imo.

Just can’t understand why that first half performance didn’t appear against scum at home or Chelsea away.

So you don't give a pathetic, losers press conference before sending your team out to meekly surrender to them do you. You don't follow it up with an equally disgusting performance against our other big rivals just days later.

He's brought this on himself. Pure and simple
Pure and simple. He wanted to WIN

Look, I'm not going to go off on you, like I have on others.

Now actually tired.

But this post perfectly encapsulates the few fans (in the grand scheme of this issue, you ARE in the minority) that just can't grasp the scope and scale of what this meant.

And have not bothered to deep dive on the ramifications of literally handing them a title - for free - to boost them another few years ahead of us.

The positive net gain to them far outweighs what we would get from it.

This club has no ambition, because of the cunt we have in charge.

CL money won't be spent.

The football we play is not developed enough for us not be embarrassed in it and booted out at the first possible exit.

The EL will better accommodate us for where we are.

We're in Europe and haven't gifted scum the key to the top tier with a chance of consolidating that.

And we haven't handed them psychological dominance over us (not to mention endless ridicule tokens).

Please try and understand the bigger picture.

It is greatly in our favour.

Ange is acting like a control freak that is hurling his toys around because he wasn't able to direct the fans into processing this game as HE wanted; totally ignoring the cultural substance of it.

It was absolutely unreasonable of him to expect that and I have gone from fiercely defending him to being extremely wary of him.

It's up to him to stop talking about winning, fix the flaws in his tactics/system and just get on with it.

Stop rambling about how virtuously amazing you are, and WIN..

He understands that more than us, so he should show us how it's done, right?
Sorry but the bit in bold is something that I talked about yesterday. As it stands both Newcastle and Chelsea can finish the season above Spurs and at this time 7th isn’t even assured of a place in the EL Conference.

Ange having a Jose/Conte style meltdown but with the CV of Neil Lennon lol away on Ange. It's you and the players put the fans in that position last night by winning 3 in 10. Bottled every big game and he's just deflecting.

Back
Top Bottom