Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Emotions run high, even at a professional level my friend. He's just seen his own fanbase do the poznan ffs 😂😂
Ange Postecoglou is clearly pissed off with the whole thing.

The whole situation is a reflection of our poor form and that reflects on him too he doesn't want us to be in someone else's shadow and rightly so.

Emotions run high, even at a professional level my friend. He's just seen his own fanbase do the poznan ffs 😂😂
He has spent the whole season saying the club belongs to the fans, he is just passing through.

I think he should have gone and had a glass of red with Pep before talking to the media, calm down and put things in perspective a bit before going in front of a microphone.

With his comments about 'the past 48 hours inside and outside the club'

What does that actually mean?

Who inside the club is actually fragile? Has he been given the hairdryer by Levy about top four? Or do we think someone in the hierarchy has encouraged Ange to throw the game and he doesn't like that?

It's a bizarre thing to say at this stage of the season.

Maybe you could start a TLD thread and post all your negative attitudes on there?

The rest of us could look forward to next season and success.
Listen, your boyfriend's a dickhead.

And he better fix-up and start actually winning instead of talking about it like a champ, or I will be one of the "negative attitudes" that drive him the hell out of this club.

He's got exactly the same sort of smug-cunty attitude you have.

No wonder you're drawn to him.

Who inside the club is actually fragile? Has he been given the hairdryer by Levy about top four? Or do we think someone in the hierarchy has encouraged Ange to throw the game and he doesn't like that?

Well the inside the club comment thinking Levy and the board and/or players. If it turns out his comment was aimed at Levy then that will make for some interesting dynamics.

How do you know? We’ve missed chances all season and the front 3 have been the biggest problem. Talking of fragile he got one of the most fragile players imaginable in Johnson then got another one in Timo. We’ve always sonny to be fragile.

He’s obviously frustrated that the fan base is still obsessed with what Woolwich do even at the expense of our own ambitions. He wanted to win the game and many fans didn’t.

When you’re managing a club with a loser mentality that’s probably very irritating. The first step in fixing our lack of trophies is to actually want to win every single game.

I get what Ange is saying about the last 48 hrs and I expect many of the spurs players and staff would be like us and hoped we didn't hand the tittle to the gooners, but he has to accept his part in this mess, if getting top 4 was in our hands it would not have been as easy to accept a loss last night, but it wasn't because he & the coaches hadn't taken other games serious (not planned tactics to counter teams)

Fickle fan base ... You were doing well until that. The fact that a club that has such a poor record on the pitch is still considered one of the big clubs is 100 per cent because of the fan base.
Once the first goal went in the likelihood was the game was gone . No true Spurs supporter wanted Son to miss but he did.
Managers rarely get it when it comes supporters rivalry this wasn’t about love for Spurs it was about not wishing Woolwich well.
When you actually look at things in the cold light of day post the first dozen or so games it’s been a disappointing season . The form over the last 6 sees Spurs in 19th place with a record very close to that of Sheffield Utd in last and over the last 10 sees a return of just 10 points. Ok that’s not been the form over a season but if it was it would see a return of 38 points.
Injuries over a season haven’t been close to as bad as the likes of Utd, Chelsea or Newcastle so sorry can’t put that up as an excuse.
Harry moving on was always going to happen and possibly he has been missed but him going was known and with the wedge BM paid for him should have seen the team ,the squad , the club improve.
So what is the problem.
The start of the season was remarkable but just about everything changed following the home game against Chelsea . The managers tactics were laid bare . Some say it was brave but did we witness a manager without a plan b?

He’s obviously frustrated that the fan base is still obsessed with what Woolwich do even at the expense of our own ambitions. He wanted to win the game and many fans didn’t.

When you’re managing a club with a loser mentality that’s probably very irritating. The first step in fixing our lack of trophies is to actually want to win every single game.

Players want to win every game, they don’t because they are not good enough. We could have Pep and his team at Spurs with no fans and win the league.

He has spent the whole season saying the club belongs to the fans, he is just passing through.

I think he should have gone and had a glass of red with Pep before talking to the media, calm down and put things in perspective a bit before going in front of a microphone.

When you see the amount of interviews that these managers have to do after the game, it must be quite exhausting not to come out and absolutely shreds of somebody. I’m talking about all of them not just our manager it must be my numbingly boring to have to go through everything time and again with different people.

When you see the amount of interviews that these managers have to do after the game, it must be quite exhausting not to come out and absolutely shreds of somebody. I’m talking about all of them not just our manager it must be my numbingly boring to have to go through everything time and again with different people.
Post match press conferences should be voluntary, I bet no coach would step up if they didn't have to. The winner says he's happy, the loser says he's unhappy ... no shit.

In all of this defeat and crazy circumstances the performance and general play was really good. A lot to build on for me if we have a big summer.

I don't buy any of that.

And Ange needs to sort his attitude out.

Coming across as a huffy cunt.

When we upheld standards of winning - wanting us to defend set-pieces like adults - he told us to shut up, he's gonna do what he wants.

Now all of sudden we're not up to his elite standards of success?

Not having one bit of it.

Playing fans for pricks.
Why the hell don’t you become manager? Idiotic comments.

Back
Top Bottom