Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If people arent prepared for a constructive discussion there is an Ange 'safe space' thread specifically for those that deem concerns treacherous. The insults all round are pretty tedious.

Calling for Ange to go is not 'expressing concerns'. It's the mark of a brainless imbecile.

So here's an idea. Shut up.

Edit: For clarity - any disagrees received from the 'moaning massive' as I will now be referring to them as, count as badges of honour, so keep 'em coming, non-spurs fans.

Last edited:
Yeah and the season after he won the J League they finished 9th or something, no one seems to talk about that for some reason.

Then he went to one of the 2 biggest clubs in Scotland after Rangers had to come up back through the leagues after properly rebuilding.
Also, The year before Postie won the SPL with Celtic, STEVEN GERRARD won it with Rangers.
People need to let that sink in. Take a few minutes to understand. Wobble their head. Then have another think about how big his achievements up their really were.

Yeah and the season after he won the J League they finished 9th or something, no one seems to talk about that for some reason.

Then he went to one of the 2 biggest clubs in Scotland after Rangers had to come up back through the leagues after properly rebuilding.
It gets worse, I can't believe I never actually looked at his entire managerial history!
TeamNatFromToRecord
GWDLWin %
Australia
1 January 1996​
31 December 2000​
Australia
1 January 2001​
20 February 2007​
Greece
12 March 2008​
22 December 2008​
Australia
18 April 2009​
15 August 2009​
Australia
16 October 2009​
24 April 2012​
Australia
26 April 2012​
25 October 2013​
Australia
23 October 2013​
22 November 2017​
Japan
1 January 2018​
10 June 2021​
Scotland
10 June 2021​
6 June 2023​

Fuck me, 49% win rate in the J League, how has this not been mentioned before!!

Finishing 9th in the J League when you were in charge from start to finish is actually comical.

Kevin fucking Muscat has since won the J League with Yokohama, need to keep an eye on him for when this joker gets fired.

Forget the win percentages and just look the level of teams and then imagine this geezer got given the Spurs job, he's laughing. Fair play to him, who'd turn down the millions he guaranteed even knowing you're clearly out your depth.

We win the prem next season and then finish 9th the year after.

Would you take that now? I bet you would.

Not saying it's going to happen, I'm just saying I don't get where you are coming from with that point.

Also, The year before Postie won the SPL with Celtic, STEVEN GERRARD won it with Rangers.
People need to let that sink in. Take a few minutes to understand. Wobble their head. Then have another think about how big his achievements up their really were.

achieving things is binary.

Only people who have never achieved anything in their lives seek to belittle others' achievements.

Football is incredibly short term and almost always dependant on circumstances. Gerrard could smash it at his next job and your little post about him winning the SPL suddenly means the exact opposite.

It gets worse, I can't believe I never actually looked at his entire managerial history!
GWDLWin %
TeamNatFromToRecord
Australia
1 January 1996​
31 December 2000​
Australia
1 January 2001​
20 February 2007​
Greece
12 March 2008​
22 December 2008​
Australia
18 April 2009​
15 August 2009​
Australia
16 October 2009​
24 April 2012​
Australia
26 April 2012​
25 October 2013​
Australia
23 October 2013​
22 November 2017​
Japan
1 January 2018​
10 June 2021​
Scotland
10 June 2021​
6 June 2023​

Fuck me, 49% win rate in the J League, how has this not been mentioned before!!

Finishing 9th in the J League when you were in charge from start to finish is actually comical.

Kevin fucking Muscat has since won the J League with Yokohama, need to keep an eye on him for when this joker gets fired.

Forget the win percentages and just look the level of teams and then imagine this geezer got given the Spurs job, he's laughing. Fair play to him, who'd turn down the millions he guaranteed even knowing you're clearly out your depth.

Ay big man I sincerely hope you're not gonna cry when your posts are bumped when this turns around, the chances are you'll just disappear into the sunset because you've more than doubled down, only to come back on here when we hit a rough patch claiming that you were right and desperately looking for any shred of evidence to justify your agenda.

I know pagans like you, there's a few of them festering on the forum already. :sonpoint:

Just watched this.

Was very good. As usual with that guy.

Just so I can work out what kind of people we were dealing with in the Ange Out crowd:

How many of you really think the Premier League is the only place in the world with the master tacticians that came up with the idea of a deep narrow block in their own third and jump pressuring in the attacking third?

You guys REALLY think that this is the first time in any PROFESSIONAL league anywhere in the world that Ange has seen teams try this against his system?

The level of athleticism the players have in the Prem to execute this tactic is undoubtedly higher but also so is the relative level of player Ange can sign to beat it.

End of the video Adam Clery says that we can all see that these issues can be fixed with transfer windows and time learning how to adjust the system against different tactics. It’s not about Ange knowing the way to adjust to each counter tactic, it’s about the team having experience and individual capacity to adjust to each counter tactic. That takes time and transfer windows.

Sir Archibald Crooks Sir Archibald Crooks you want a constructive conversation?

What is your take on this?

Good, because that would be ridiculous.

Also, we're in a european spot. It's not about 'turning things around'. It's about building upon the foundations he's been laying this season, being ruthless in the transfer market in terms of selling (and upgrading), and getting his tactics implemented correctly over pre-season.

We absolutely do not need to get rid, so I don't want to hear any more shite from any cunt talking about replacement managers.

(P.S Anyone who disagrees with this post isn't a spurs fan. Fact, not opinion).

(P.P.S You're blocked John Thomas & friends, so don't even think of involving yourself in my business, boys.)
I think we should be going all out for Sean Dyche personally

#dychein

Out of interest, just for those who are adamant they want Ange out sorry if I've missed it but who would you want taking over presumably in the Summer?

Sir Archibald Crooks Sir Archibald Crooks you want a constructive conversation?

What is your take on this?
I think the premier league is completely unforgiving. Every team has good players and the majority decent coaches and backroom staff. They have the resources to pinpoint any weakness. For all the will in the world its not the J League. Ironically our last manager that was this poor defensively was Ossie Ardiles who won honours in the J League and a manager of the year award.

As for transfer windows, he will have to make do and mend like every other manager under this mob. That means you have to be adaptable, try someone in a different position, play a youngster or two and i just dont see any sign of that. He's completely wedded to his system which is great if you have Man Citys players but we never will so you have to get more out of the team than the players ability.

I know people are willing him to do well and even now i'd love to see it. I never thought he was some tactical genius but have always said he'd be a Martin Jol type. Currently i dont even think he's quite at that level. He's currently reminding me more of a non arsehole version of Sherwood. He wont be sacked this summer so i'll guess we'll have to see whats happening Sep/Oct. All i'm bothered about is us doing well, couldnt give a shit if i'm proved wrong.

Anyone else picturing some fat keyboard warrior in his mum's basement? Just me?

Fat - Yes
Keyboard warrior - No, just truth telling.
Mum's basement - Keep my mum's name off your unworthy lips. Bring my family into your posts again and you won't like the consequences.

Now go to a clinic and get yourself clean, Paul Merson.

Thought this was a place where you could discuss Spurs - both the positives and negatives - without being shouted down and name-called by weird happy-clapper cultists.

Evidently I was wrong.
You know this is the world famous home of the cunt-off, right?

Imagine thinking this was some sort of debating society.

:contepoint:

Thought this was a place where you could discuss Spurs - both the positives and negatives - without being shouted down and name-called by weird happy-clapper cultists.

Evidently I was wrong.

You're an opposition halfwit masquerading as a spurs fan and calling for Ange's head, as if chopping and changing our manager every season is going to get us to win things.

Find another forum (Woolwich mania will suit you), because you're not welcome here.

Back
Top Bottom