Andy Carroll

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lots of paper talk around at the moment saying we are going to be in for the big lug.

I like him and would love to see him at the lane. We could get him for 10m I reckon. There are issues with him, fitness and his social activities come to mind but when he's on form he's a monster. He can play up front on his own or would be a perfect foil for Defoe.

I suspect a lot here on here wouldn't want him because of what they read about him but he's a quality centre forward and he's available.

Would you want him at Spurs?

I think he would be a good option, but I would hope that we are looking at someone of top, top quality (unlikely I know).

I'd have him as a squad player purely because he is a complete handful.

When he fits into the right system (like that at Newcastle and West Ham) he can be a nightmare for defences due to his physicality and willingness to risk injury in order to get a goal. But, I don't think he would suit the players we have or AvB's style of play. But, if AvB think he is the right person to bring in then I would trust his judgment.

I'd rather us look at other targets first.

I think he would be a good option, but I would hope that we are looking at someone of top, top quality (unlikely I know).

I'd have him as a squad player purely because he is a complete handful.
Unfortunately his sort of money for a squad player isn't ideal! He would be a fucking beast in Europe, though. No Spanish defences ever come up against that sort of player

He was immense for Newcastle. Injuries and confidence did for him at Liverpool.

I think he would fit our system. When you have 2 wide men pinging balls into the box it's tailer made for him to smash the ball in.

I think a lot depends on whether we qualify for cl to see what type of player we can attract. Either way he could do a job for us.

We don't put enough crosses into the box to benefit from him. We've lost a lot of that ability since Bale moved inside.

I wouldn't be against signing him, I think he was an absolute class player at Newcastle and he didn't really fit in at Liverpool. This could be a problem with Spurs and AVB's style of playing football.

We don't put enough crosses into the box to benefit from him. We've lost a lot of that ability since Bale moved inside.

That did cross, ho ho, my mind. But I think if we had a decent striker GB wouldn't feel the need to wander inside so much. He is special wherever he plays but I do like to see him with chalk on his boots screaming past their rb.

No interest what so ever, I wouldn't imagine AVB having much interest in him either, of course don't think he was looking to pick up Dempsey either. I duno we'll see what happens really hoping they pick up one of the young Belgiums or someone more consistant Andy Carroll

No, and if you hate Adebayor and want him in then I laugh in your face! RIGHT IN YOUR FACE! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA *breathe* HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

9utgk.gif

Being serious (if I may), he doesn't seem to adapt to different styles of play, much like Bent. I wouldn't be too angry if we bought him but I'd rather we didn't.

I dont want him, but thats not important. What matters is that IF he does sign, can people please just let him have a clean slate, get behind him and dont make him an instant scapegoat before he's even kicked a ball.

Now, Im back off to the moon.

I do think Carrol could do a job for us. I'd be interested in him, but not for a fee of 10m. I think we can do better at 10m. If Liverpool is still interested in Dempsey, I think the suggestion of a swap deal would be beneficial for both. I'd only want to take Carrol on if it was closer to 5m rather than 10m.

Don't you remember when Crouchie was in the team? Boring!

champions.jpg

Ahhhh those were the days *goes misty eyed*

Thing is, Crouch wasn't bad, he was a different option and he had decent technical ability. What Carroll has is a massive physical presence, and as others have said he's a complete handful, and he has a decent left foot on him. It would not be a disaster if he signed for Spurs, far from it. At the right price he could be an inspired signing. Not sure how people can say he doesn't fit into AVBs system, why not? Just because we don't hoof it, doesn't mean we don't need someone who can mix it.

Back
Top Bottom