American Ted Lasso takes over at Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Pretty sure the NBC streams online are free.

Also, the Southern fans do a shitty job of supporting their teams outside of College football. That's why there is no MLS team in a city like Atlanta or Miami and etc. A lot of talent does come from there though, especially Florida with the latin culture.
@ Mad Yid Mad Yid

Sorry but its true.

I live in Atlanta and we have the Silverbacks here and there is loads of footy fans from everywhere mostly of central/south american decent

also Beckham is in the midst of setting up a MLS team in Miami or atleast trying too

so no it's not true

#yankiewanker

Yeah, not mention that a lot of the USMNT hails from the southeast, or played in college in the southeast.

Dempsey and Onyewu played at Furman. Brad Guzan played at the University of South Carolina. Stu Holden played at Clemson. Michael Parkhurst played at Wake Forest. Eddie Johnson is from Florida.

None of those are Latinos from Florida, at least last I checked.

Great talent for all sports has always come from the south. Support for pro teams in the NBA and MLB are woeful when you consider the success of teams down there.

Pretty sure the NBC streams online are free.
Well, they'll certainly be geo-restricted to the US.

But from the conditions of the iPhone app:
App store said:
The vast majority of live streaming content on NBC Sports Live Extra will only be available to authenticated cable, satellite and telco customers via TV Everywhere. NBC Sports Live Extra is currently available for Comcast Xfinity, Verizon Fios, Cablevision, Suddenlink, Mediacom, Bend and Grande customers.
So I'm skeptical that getting past geo-restriction will be sufficient even for the webpage.

ESPN3 or ESPN360 or whatever has a similar deal: if your internet is attached to a cable account, you can watch their web channel. If it isn't…

Yeah, Im still a little fuzzy on how the streams will work. I see different answers everywhere. In the past however, Ive been able to watch the Olympics, NHL games, and NFL games for free without any cable verification.

I live in Atlanta and we have the Silverbacks here and there is loads of footy fans from everywhere mostly of central/south american decent

also Beckham is in the midst of setting up a MLS team in Miami or atleast trying too

so no it's not true

#yankiewanker
A MLS team in Miami wont work. That city is one of the worst when it comes to supporting their pro teams. They'll get players but no one will watch them.

Yeah, Im still a little fuzzy on how the streams will work. I see different answers everywhere. In the past however, Ive been able to watch the Olympics, NHL games, and NFL games for free without any cable verification.

You'll be able to watch anything broadcast over the air (free TV for Brits) - i.e games on the main NBC - without authentication.

Anything that is broadcast on one of the cable/sattelite only channels (pay TV for Brits) - will only be accessible with authentication of a paid TV account.

Since the vast majority of matches will be broadcast on cable/sattelite only channels, you'll basically need a VPN + USA pay TV account to watch the internet HD feed of them.

A MLS team in Miami wont work. That city is one of the worst when it comes to supporting their pro teams. They'll get players but no one will watch them.

There's alot of latin people and islanders in Miami and they love their footy

A Beckham backed franchise out of Miami has the potential to be a success

time will tell if he is successful in getting it done

There's alot of latin people and islanders in Miami and they love their footy

A Beckham backed franchise out of Miami has the potential to be a success

time will tell if he is successful in getting it done
I mean I hope it works, but you could say the same thing about baseball in regards to the latin influence. The Marlins get no support.

I mean I hope it works, but you could say the same thing about baseball in regards to the latin influence. The Marlins get no support.

To be fair, the Marlins have a horrible owner that everyone hates and they did their best to insult the Cuban community as much as possible (effectively creating a Cuban boycott of the team).

Baseball should work in Miami, no question. But Loria could fuck up getting laid in a Thai whorehouse.

To be fair, the Marlins have a horrible owner that everyone hates and they did their best to insult the Cuban community as much as possible (effectively creating a Cuban boycott of the team).

Baseball should work in Miami, no question. But Loria could fuck up getting laid in a Thai whorehouse.
No doubt. But even when they were winning no one showed up.

Talking about the video loved the white board in the background with the writing pronouncing Tottenham(Tot-num).

Talking about the video loved the white board in the background with the writing pronouncing Tottenham(Tot-num).
I loved that, too. I have a friend who does commentary of PL matches here, and I've yet to succeed in telling him that Spurs are not from "Tottinghamas"

I loved that, too. I have a friend who does commentary of PL matches here, and I've yet to succeed in telling him that Spurs are not from "Tottinghamas"
Think we should change the spelling to make it easier for them :baletroll:

Back
Top Bottom