American Ted Lasso takes over at Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Spurs marketing this offseason has been vast and impressive. Club deserves a lot of credit.

Barely even a mention of the Woolwich scum in this one. Tons of highlights for us that aren't even Bale. Defoe, Lennon, AVB, Ade, and Dempsey all featured. Plus the closing shots are a bunch of Spurs shots in a row. Pretty cool.

Okay, so how do we get NBC in England? Looks like the US are getting a much better deal.
Hopefully streams will be more readily available now.

From NBC's ad campaign, it would appear to the unknowing fan that Spurs would be the flagship of the Prem, that or just trying to say if you're gonna pick one, Spurs are a great choice. We're involved in all of their marketing ploys. Fuckin love it.

Last edited:
Okay, so how do we get NBC in England? Looks like the US are getting a much better deal.
Hopefully streams will be more readily available now.
I think illegal streams will be more readily available, but I looked into this a bit yesterday:

Every match will be streamed online via NBC's Live Sports Extra channel. This is a bit like the streaming on Fox Soccer. It's geographically restricted to the US and only to valid customers of certain cable companies. Luckily, my university is a subscriber, so I can VPN in, but I'm not going to crow too much…

There's also an iPhone app. I was able to download it last night, but obviously there's no content on it I'm interested in seeing. I imagine the similar limitations as above hold.

I still wish the PL had a deal like baseball does, where you subscribe to the league, not to the channel that has exclusive rights… I could choose to watch al-Jazeera's, Sky's, Setanta's, Canal +'s, whoever's coverage of any PL match as I wanted, instead of being limited to the rules/fees of just one of those, but what can you do.

These youtubes were brilliant.

Back
Top Bottom