Amazing what Andros can do

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

AVB doesn't have a role in transfers besides advising on who he wants. It is beyond highly unlikely that he had any role in the sale of Modric.

Also, the starting eleven we had in 11/12 was the best we've had since Ossie, Ricky, Hoddle, and Perryman wore lilywhite. Modric, VDV, Bale, and King all in the same side. Plus people underrate how good Parker (club player of the season), Kaboul, in form Walker, and Ade (top 5 in goals and assists) were. So much talent in that side and the core was set in place and had played together. We have more depth now but that side had legitimate experienced and proven talent.

Modric wanted out under Harry, and we kept him...under AVB he was sold. Make of that what you will.

As for the squad, we had strong players, but those same players managed to amount 2pts from 8 games. So the manager played a massive part in turning it around as opposed to just coming in and doing what was expected with the players at hand.

Are you implying AVB was actively seeking to offload Modric / or Bale for this matter 12 months later?

No, Im stating the fact that Modric left under his tenure. I said nothing about Bale, but seeing as you bring it up, that too can be pointed out.

Now I dont blame AVB for selling either. I blame both players, and I support Levy in both cases.

But I dont believe for a second either were sold above AVBs head. I believe he was consulted, and came to an agreement with the chairman about how, in both cases, he could improve the squad with his new targets and ideas.

So, in essence, I believe AVB had some part in the decision to sell Modric, even if it was as ittle as saying to Levy something like "ok, do it, I can work around it..."

While I am glad we sold Modric, I just find it hilarious that people say stuff like "Harry did well cos of players like Modric and VDV, and AVB would do well too if he had those players...."

Yet they were sold while AVB was manager.

Last edited:
last season people said "where would you be without Bale" and the majority of Spurs fans would say something like "but we did have him so that point is irrelevant".

I THINK this is sort of the same as that (correct me if I'm wrong and being a divvy cunt), I don't think you can really use them 2 when comparing how entertaining the games have been.
I don't see how your analogy applies bro.

If we sold Bale and failed to invest the money wisely, people would be right in saying that we would score much less goals because we were so dependent on Bale.

Likewise if we failed to replace Modric and Vdv, people would be right in saying that our passing game and overall attacking play would suffer, which it did because Dempsey/Sig/Dembele did not fill that void (I like Sig, and rate Dembele very highly but they're not silky pass and move footballers however they offer other things).

I've just asked myself why do I continue to read threads that keep turning into the same old argument...I think part of me thinks, maybe if I read to the end of this, everyone would of agreed to disagree and said no more about it.

Back on topic, Andros Townsend... Whatta guy.

Could Lamela on the left and Townsend on the right work, assuming they were both taking more wing based roles?

Forgot all about this...............
There's your chant right there....

"So Andros Townsend, STAND... BY ME, WHOAH, STAND... BY ME, whoah Andros... Stand by me... stand by me!!!" you mean?

I thinks we've gots ourselves a winner!!

Unless someone can get this started on Sunday up at Villa... let's hope he plays against Sheriff or Hull in the Cups!

Back
Top Bottom