Amazing what Andros can do

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Merge the gooner troll cunt's thread please. It can go into either the Arry, AVB, or Townsend threads by the looks of things

the best football i have ever seen spurs play was with 2 out and out wide players, bale and lennon under harry. watching them hitting teams on the counter was a joy to behold.

Agree. We ripped teams apart with speed. Lennon and Bale on fire, and even though we had Crouch, Pav and Defoe, we were extremely exciting, but lacked finishing.

Amazing how short peoples memory's are. Almost like winning away at AC Milan and the Scum was fuck all...

Had that been last season, there would be enough spunk around here to freeze and make an ice statue of AVB from.

Agree. We ripped teams apart with speed. Lennon and Bale on fire, and even though we had Crouch, Pav and Defoe, we were extremely exciting, but lacked finishing.

Amazing how short peoples memory's are. Almost like winning away at AC Milan and the Scum was fuck all...

Had that been last season, there would be enough spunk around here to freeze and make an ice statue of AVB from.

I genuinely can't believe that some people can lionize AVB for giving us our first win at OT for decades, and in the same breath say Harry didn't deliver landmarks results after that 3-2 at the Emirates.

By creating a system that was so wooden, dull and inept that Bale realised that he was better off trying to do it all himself?

;-)

Nothing like a good myth-bust, eh?

Here's our PL total goals scored per season

Under 'Arry the Greatest Entertainer of all Time

2009/10 - 67
2010/11 - 55
2011/12 - 66

Under AVB the boring

2012/13 - 66

So - 'Arry the Entertainer has outscored AVB the boring only ONCE in almost 4 seasons and done so by 1 (ONE) goal

In your own time . . .

:chicco:

Last edited:
@ ArcspacE ArcspacE scoring goals isn't the only thing that makes it exciting. Games under Harry were more entertaining to watch than games under AVB (for the most part). I'm not keen on the bloke but there's no denying we were entertaining to watch.

@ ArcspacE ArcspacE scoring goals isn't the only thing that makes it exciting. Games under Harry were more entertaining to watch than games under AVB (for the most part). I'm not keen on the bloke but there's no denying we were entertaining to watch.
So are you saying AVB's 'goals' were more boring? Bale had is best season last year and scored some crackers, for example

Bale was exciting last season....sometimes for only a minute of the 90, and it changed everyones perception of the entire game, where we could have been awful..

Without Bale last year....?

Bale was exciting last season....sometimes for only a minute of the 90, and it changed everyones perception of the entire game, where we could have been awful..

Without Bale last year....?
There was not a lot of players who looked like they could step up if he got injured for a substantial period last year: Bale was a game changer!!

We would never know, I'm afraid - same with RVP and Utd, Henry over the years, etc.

Very true.

Im a big fan of the way things are shaping up under AVB - muscle and flare, and really want Soldado to start firing, dont get me wrong. The emergence of Townsend is a joy, and with Lennon to return and Siggy playing well with Eriksen, we should see some great stuff.

But so far, under AVB I havent experienced anything near the Inter games, Scum away, Milan away and the the first 6 months of the season we eventually fucked up.

Man U away first half is right up there to be fair, but I cant see how people can deny what we achieved, and the credit we deserve for that period just because they hate Redknapp. Its a big slap in the face to the club.

Pundits and rival fans were all saying how great we were to watch, yet Spurs fans are now belittling it.

Pundits and rival fans were all saying how great we were to watch, yet Spurs fans are now belittling it.

Our 'greatest' football under Arry, imv was the beginning of 2011/12 - having lost the first 2 games to Utd and City we went on a title-winning form, running away in 3rd and looking dangerous every time we had the ball - 12-14 games in total.

As for the rest of his tenure - won't go over the same things over and over again

I think Andros plays on confidence and motivation. (Ye, everyone does but Andros can get more out of the same). Confidence makes his game flow. Having a spot in the first XI of Hogdson's and AvB's gives him a massive boost. Still one piece missing though, a goal for us. But that will come having bulged the net for the three lions. Hope that takes some weight of his shoulders so he can focus more on the team around him. Assists and goals will come.

well if it's entertainment people want I hear Ossie is still knocking about

--------------------------Lloris

--------------Walker Kaboul Verts
-------------------------Sandro

--------------Lamela Eriksen Holtby
-Townsend---------Soldado-----------Chadli

I'm up for it.......

Nothing like a good myth-bust, eh?

Here's our PL total goals scored per season

Under Arry the Greatest Entertainer of all Time

2009/10 - 67
2010/11 - 55
2011/12 - 66

Under AVB the boring

2012/13 - 66

So - Arry the entrtainer has outscored AVB the boring only ONCE in almost 4 seasons and done so by 1 (ONE) goal

In your own time . . .

:chicco:

No surprise to see you drag HR into yet another thread. Anyway, I wasn't doing any comparison, merely stating that GB did a lot on his own last year. We were treated to a bit of a feast of purely individual wonder goals, which papered over a team that was very much in transition i.e. struggling to find itself. But feel free to keep the incredibly boring debate over HR/AVB going if it keeps you happy. I think you secretly love those twitching folds...

Back
Top Bottom