Alejo Veliz

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

that turn and his obvious desire make me want to see more of him, perhaps Son being away means he gets the nod at CF and Rich goes back to a wing-forward role like he did at Everton?

I’ve been saying for a while,get him on earlier and see what he can do. He’s a centre forward who wants to play between the posts. He wants to work hard and isn’t scared of the physical side. I hope he gets his chance against Bournemouth and a decent run when Son is away.
You could see what it meant to him to score for us. I honestly think this boy is the real deal and will be a star for us.

Earned a start against Bournemouth I feel.
I think the FA Cup match against Burnley would be more likely along with Dorrington, Phillips, Donley and possibly Scarlett if he's recalled. With the way our squad is at the moment, it wouldn't surprise me if Ange used the cup as an opportunity to rest the first team like he did against Fulham early in the season.

I don't get the mentality of the fans who left the Amex early when we were 4-0 down. My first thought was: "Hey, Veliz is getting 20 minutes instead of the usual 5. We might get a chance to see what he can do."

:harrysmile:

Start him v Bournemouth, move Richy wide and drop either of Son or Johnson for the game (tbh Son has been poor two games running, bring him off the bench and fire him up).

The problem is that he’s a true CF who’s supposedly good in the air, so moving him up top pushes both Son and Richy out of the spot they have both been most effective.

actually like what i saw earlier. still very raw but you can see there is something there. just before that lovely touch round the defender there was a bit where he was on for a drill across the box from udogie but he cut the ball back instead and veliz let him know about it.

this is proper striker backup. someone whos young and hungry and will get better in time. be interesting to see where hes at in a couple years. could be a gem.

be good if he can start against burnley and rest richy whos going to need a rest in the next month with son out the team too.

If i have a criticism of Ange it is his reluctance to give some of our young players meaningful minutes. There have been opportunities to introduce Phillips, Dorrington, Donley and Veliz. Instead he chooses Emerson out of position, Dier who we all know, Hjojberg whose heart is not in it , Richarlison when his confidence was shot and Skipp who is just not good enough.
I‘m actually not saying these players should start against Bournemouth other than Phillips. But if things are not going well give Veliz 30 minutes at least. And if we are winning comfortably maybe Donley gets 20 minutes instead of 5 minutes.

Back
Top Bottom