2018 FIFA WORLD CUP RUSSIA 14th June - 15th July

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Was so happy to have some good days and nights following England again. I’m still not totally back where I was thanks to the utter shit cunts that were in place in the last decade or so.

Those miserable performances backed up with even more miserable players clearly not wanting to be there with monosyllabic press conferences muttering ‘no’ or ‘yes’ to basic and honest questions from the press as they looked skyward with utter contempt for the fans who had travelled so far to support them. The disconnect was real. I hadn’t watched an England game for years and I used to put England winning the World Cup 0.7% above Spurs winning the league.

This team and manager has built a platform to give us something tangible to look forward to. It was basic but the shape was there and something we could see and understand. The team lacks creativity but with a talisman like Kane anything is possible. Look at Portugal and even Wales last Euros. With more players coming through we can be excited about the future.

Gareth did make a few mistakes imo. I would have liked to see Loftus cheek given a bit more of a chance and Lindgard, despite his great goal, offered very little. Minor points after such a great tournament. Russia did a fantastic job.

You've constantly claimed Sterling has been excellent this tournament in this imaginary #10 role he's been playing (not even true) when in reality he's been a player short of confidence and a dead end to anything remotely attacking or creative. 0 goals, 0 assists, fuck all contribution elsewhere. You were wrong - give over.
I asked you to convince me, lay out why you thought he was shit last night, why you thought England looked the better team once he came off and as always you play the man not the ball. Always go for the poster not what the poster has posted.

So I ask you AGIAN, educate me, tell me how you saw England's performance improve once Sterling left the field. I'm all ears.

I asked you to convince me, lay out why you thought he was shit last night, why you thought England looked the better team once he came off and as always you play the man not the ball. Always go for the poster not what the poster has posted.

So I ask you AGIAN, educate me, tell me how you saw England's performance improve once Sterling left the field. I'm all ears.
Educate, you say? How about re-watching the last 6 games England played at the WC? He was dog shit throughout

This team's best achievements are mostly off the field:

- Good media relations
- Rebuilt relationship between players and fans
- Brought back the feel good factor
- No big egos: big plus to Southgate is he's not scared to drop anyone

Fifa ranking doesn't seem to reflect the teams in real time so its hard to understand why the results were so odd.
As with the tournament, its one of the best Ive seen as most games where open, flowing football, bizarre results and goals. The VAR was a great addition, reducing any controversy and refs overall-seemed decent. (Why no English refs?).
Its too early to analyse England's overall performance because the disappointment is so raw. Its a long way from the Hodgson era and closer to the Hoddles days which is healthy.

98 PL players took part and probably as many ex English league (all Divs) players as well. astonishing the amount of players and x players from here are taking part. Not sure if this is a good thing, like to read up on it.
The FIFA rankings are as corrupt as everything else at FIFA.
It was a good tournament. Lots of goals and upsets. In the end the best team will win it (presuming France wins it) and the Spurs captain will lift the trophy.
VAR has been great, it will be so frustrating in the EPL now when the ref makes a blatant error and it can't be corrected. Although it is certain to be introduced the season after.
I haven't made up my mind about England or Southgate. We played three good sides, only two of them we were trying to win, and both were draws after 90mins. My fear is we will get shown up tactically at the Euros, but it will be too late to do anything by then.
Still, Spurs are back in a couple of weeks!

Educate, you say? How about re-watching the last 6 games England played at the WC? He was dog shit throughout

Sterling wasn't too bad but no goals, how many assists, how many missed opportunities to deliver?

He provided the pace that frightened defenders and stretched the game but for me he was like Lamela is for us too often.

Busy but not effective enough.

Good exciting world cup but probably the worst in terms of actual quality in many a year , 3 of the four semi finalists have no right to be considered good enough to be world champions

If France win it though the best team will have won. When you look at Belgium though they've got so much quality right throughout the team, it just didn't come together quite enough at the right time.

You STILL haven't put YOUR case forward. Why don't you do that? Why is this so hard for you to do?
Are you mental or still drunk from last night?

Either way - I've made my point - go forth somewhere else. I forgot - you're never ever wrong. Bless

If France win it though the best team will have won. When you look at Belgium though they've got so much quality right throughout the team, it just didn't come together quite enough at the right time.

I really don't rate Belgium that highly they are to easy to nullify and nowhere near flexible enough in their system they remind me quite a lot of Sven's England side , France are definitely the team that deserves to win but then they were in the Euros.

I really don't rate Belgium that highly they are to easy to nullify and nowhere near flexible enough in their system they remind me quite a lot of Sven's England side , France are definitely the team that deserves to win but then they were in the Euros.

Yeah, despite all their talent there's something not quite right about Belgium.

The FIFA rankings are as corrupt as everything else at FIFA.
It was a good tournament. Lots of goals and upsets. In the end the best team will win it (presuming France wins it) and the Spurs captain will lift the trophy.
VAR has been great, it will be so frustrating in the EPL now when the ref makes a blatant error and it can't be corrected. Although it is certain to be introduced the season after.
I haven't made up my mind about England or Southgate. We played three good sides, only two of them we were trying to win, and both were draws after 90mins. My fear is we will get shown up tactically at the Euros, but it will be too late to do anything by then.
Still, Spurs are back in a couple of weeks!
No doubt the team lineup will slightly change by the Euros qualifiers, it has too. Now, teams know how England are set up and the way they play. Most teams that are successful evolve and changing the odd player is essential . England are a young team and need to learn also Southgate needs to learn. Fortune favours the brave and England clammed up a little when they could have taken the game by the scruff last night.

Back
Top Bottom