2017 FAYC semi-final vs Chelsea (14th March - 7:15pm - WHL - Block 16)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We matched them at theirs.
We haven't even played tonight.
We did the same at ours when we lost 3-2.
I think the occasion has gotten to some of them.
If you're being realistic, then only Austin, Sterling and Roles would have a chance of getting into that Chelsea
team. They are far superior to us at youth level.

Probably expect to see the likes of Roles, Edwards etc. to all start second leg.
Didn't Edwards play in thenPL 2 v reading last night. I think we could have used hi, tonight if we were
If you're being realistic, then only Austin, Sterling and Roles would have a chance of getting into that Chelsea
the are far superior to everyone at youth level.
Mount, Ugbo, Maddox, James, Grant , Bulka, in their team tonight are all U18 professional footballers. There are also a couple more
The only one we have at U18 who is a pro is Edwards isn't it?
It looks like he has moved up to the PL2 team/first squad.

You know me by now. I tell it like it is.

Everyone knows that City and Chelsea are miles head of everyone else in youth football. Why is that? Because they hoover up talent from all over the country and the continent.

Congratulations on truth-telling something that everybody knows and acknowledges. Look at City murdering Stoke 6-0 in the other semifinal.

Everyone knows that City and Chelsea are miles head of everyone else in youth football. Why is that? Because they hoover up talent from all over the country and the continent.

Congratulations on truth-telling something that everybody knows and acknowledges. Look at City murdering Stoke 6-0 in the other semifinal.

But CIty and Chavs have no idea how to use that talent properly so what's the point.

I talked to someone who played in the 2nd game and was there for the first.
They hadn't played a lot of league games before that 3-2 loss.
We had a few costly decisions go against us too. However bit like today. Not in it from the start and little too late with subs.
The one at our we should have won. We missed lots of chances.
They are good of course, everyone knows that. Especially the co commentator tonight!
Realistically who would get into the Chelsea first team from our team.
Toby, Kane, Rose, Walker.
Yet we still matched them at theirs, could have won, and beat them at ours.

But CIty and Chavs have no idea how to use that talent properly so what's the point.

Exactly my point in an earlier post. They're destroying youth football and development by snapping up all the biggest talent and never doing anything with them post u18's football.

I talked to someone who played in the 2nd game and was there for the first.
They hadn't played a lot of league games before that 3-2 loss.
We had a few costly decisions go against us too. However bit like today. Not in it from the start and little too late with subs.
The one at our we should have won. We missed lots of chances.
They are good of course, everyone knows that. Especially the co commentator tonight!
Realistically who would get into the Chelsea first team from our team.
Toby, Kane, Rose, Walker.
Yet we still matched them at theirs, could have won, and beat them at ours.
Add Dele, Dembele and Verts!

Exactly my point in an earlier post. They're destroying youth football and development by snapping up all the biggest talent and never doing anything with them post u18's football.
Chelsea youth player currently in PL team
Terry. 4 starts 1 sub app. 366 mins
Challobah. 8 sub apps 71 mins.
That's right isn't it?

Jake Clarke salter made sub debut last season ...on loan at Bristol Robers
Fikayo tomori same as ...now at Brighton on loan
Tammy Abraham made debut, 2 sub apps last season ....on loan at Bristol City.

No youth product debuted this year.

Since the PL inception 51 youth products have made their debuts. I have just looked.
The only ones I can think of who had a decent amount of apps, regulars, were Duberry, Morris and Terry
The only others I can think of who played say over 25 games are Shipperly, huth, forsell, cole and Ryan Bertrand.
Maybe I'm wrong.

Chelsea youth player currently in PL team
Terry. 4 starts 1 sub app. 366 mins
Challobah. 8 sub apps 71 mins.
That's right isn't it?

Jake Clarke salter made sub debut last season ...on loan at Bristol Robers
Fikayo tomori same as ...now at Brighton on loan
Tammy Abraham made debut, 2 sub apps last season ....on loan at Bristol City.

No youth product debuted this year.

Since the PL inception 51 youth products have made their debuts. I have just looked.
The only ones I can think of who had a decent amount of apps, regulars, were Duberry, Morris and Terry
The only others I can think of who played say over 25 games are Shipperly, huth, forsell, cole and Ryan Bertrand.
Maybe I'm wrong.
I would not argue with you on their record of bringing through youth players into the first team.
Their ultimate failure was Josh McEachran. From Champions league at 17 years old to.....Brentford.

They are far superior to us at youth level.
Yes, bigger and stronger, faster and have a better system of play. This doesn't mean they will produced better player in the future. It will all even out when they get to senior level. Youth develop at different stages and some never move on. I thought Spurs looked skilful and were lacking some guidance. Chavs were arrogant and bullied there way through the game. I thought we got better as we got rattled late on and showed some fight. Spurs keeper Austin brilliant.

Shouldn't the lads themselves take some responsibility for their choice of club and reasons for signing?

Youth players have never gone into senior football - top flight (Div one or PL) ever in their hundreds-the odd few make it to their respective club senior level, the rest are sold off. A few make it because they tick the boxes. If anyone believes we can bring through the whole 11 youth players to play in the PL are bonkers. Its two different worlds.

In a week when our FA QF v Millwall included 2 of our own, the 2 Harry's of course, Patrick Bamford was left out of THE SQUAD at Boro for his mental attitude.

What is the purpose of the Youth team? In the very short term, it's very nice to win the Cup, but it's only a nice-to-have. Personally, I'm very glad that that buffoon arse-licker Michael Emenalo is their DoF, still delusionally telling anyone who's bothering to listen that our only home-grown success is Harry Kane. Fine. Conveniently forgetting Mason, Rose, Bentaleb, Andros, Winks et al - none of whom ever won the FA Youth Cup.

How many of those Chavski Orcs will play for England? How many will even play in the PL for the club? Probably none. I watched Winksy for the Youth a couple of times, I bet he plays for England (now he's not Spanish lol). Loftus-Cheek is on £70k a week, and gets the odd 10 mins in the FA cup v the likes of Accrington Stanley. Where's the success in that?

Carry on Mr. Emenalo, and may you have a long career at Cheski. When we beat your lot 2-0 at WHL there were 6 young Englishmen on the pitch for the last 30 mins, including 3 Academy products. Chelski? Not even the best in West London - Fulham by a mile.

QED.

they looked liked they practiced their goal celebration more than anything.
the ref looking on as they wasted more time.

i usually have watched spurs youth 2/3 times a season but there was something about that chelsea side that didn't feel right.
gamesmanship/professionalism call it what you like but I guess this is youth football now

Back
Top Bottom