2017 FAYC semi-final vs Chelsea (14th March - 7:15pm - WHL - Block 16)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Chelsea and City have been 'investing' in their academies. It's paid off.
Yes, strange that the two ffp cheating teams owned by a nation with oil and a dodgy Russian oligarch have managed to do that.

The commentary is woeful.

Chelsea have been investing in their academy for 10 years. 2 mins later........'here is XYZ player that they got from the Ajax academy'

All those Tottenham boys are local apart from George Marsh who is from.......Kent.

This is why Chelsea win a lot of the youth cups - they have a team full of athletes who are bigger than everyone else at their level.

That is also why hardly ANY of them make anything of their careers - because when they soon realise everyone is the same size as them on the big stage and their technical ability isn't up to scratch.

Which is why winning these sort of things don't mean much in the grand scheme of things other then some experience of winning a cup at youth level. You only have to look at how many youth prospects we've produced compared to Chelsea who are playing top level Premier League football.

Exactly!

Mount however does look like a very good player for them as does the younger Chalobah brother.

Bennetts clearly has something about him and has shown flashes. Players like Oakley Booth and Shashoua have a lot more natural ability than a lot of this Chelsea team however the natural size and agility of there lot has made it almost impossible for them to get on the ball.

Best moment of the half for us was TJ Eyoma sitting their winger on his arse out by the touchline

I'm underwhelmed by our class of 2017.
Tanganga and maybe Sterling are the only prospects in that team.
The overrated Shashoua is too feeble and Oakley-Boothe has been invisible.
It's men against boys out there and I wonder if Chelsea do more conditioning work on their youth players.

I think the rest of us may as well give up.
Chelsea and Man City have it sewn up between them.
Nothing is said about the stockpiling of youth, the influence of £££ or the abuse of the loan system just how great Man City and Chelsea have done.
These clubs were around for years before the Arabs and oligarch and in the short space of time they both have been at the helms these clubs have suddenly become powerhouses in all levels of English football?
All becuase of the great football brains of Abu Dhabi and Roman .

I'm underwhelmed by our class of 2017.
Tanganga and maybe Sterling are the only prospects in that team.
The overrated Shashoua is too feeble and Oakley-Boothe has been invisible.
It's men against boys out there and I wonder if Chelsea do more conditioning work on their youth players.

Most of them are older than me.

We matched them at theirs.
We haven't even played tonight.
We did the same at ours when we lost 3-2.
I think the occasion has gotten to some of them.

Great fight from our players. It's all coming back from two years ago, when you realise that they've hoovered up all these players from all over England and even Europe. They're destoying youth football, and their "own" players.

How I would fucking love if our lads wiped that smile of Jody Morris' pathetic face. What a chancer he is.

Its made me so angry. The ref was bad at every level, the Chav youth are as arrogant as the senior lot, Im hating them as much . Chavs are all pace and no trousers. Better stuff em on Saturday.

Back
Top Bottom