2017 FAYC semi-final vs Chelsea (14th March - 7:15pm - WHL - Block 16)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Youth players have never gone into senior football - top flight (Div one or PL) ever in their hundreds-the odd few make it to their respective club senior level, the rest are sold off. A few make it because they tick the boxes. If anyone believes we can bring through the whole 11 youth players to play in the PL are bonkers. Its two different worlds.

That's not what I'm saying, but when you've got two clubs that literally pick up the 10-15 best players in each age group and none make it through to the first team. That's a huge problem.

Remember the Colombian kid Velasco? He came on as sub against Woolwich earler this month but
didn't make the squad for yesterday's game. That surprises me given his ability.
I can only put that down to a lack of physical development.

Remember the Colombian kid Velasco? He came on as sub against Woolwich earler this month but
didn't make the squad for yesterday's game. That surprises me given his ability.
I can only put that down to a lack of physical development.

I've heard a few whispers that he was only brought in to make up the numbers.

That's not what I'm saying, but when you've got two clubs that literally pick up the 10-15 best players in each age group and none make it through to the first team. That's a huge problem.
I agree. Its a problem but it's always been there to a point.
Its not the biggest talents that blocks youth. Its the average Joes that come over and have no ambition, connection to the club and Just want the wealth. Its also happening with coaches. The youth bolster lower devision teams, maybe that's where the talent is? Look at Alli.

Exactly my point in an earlier post. They're destroying youth football and development by snapping up all the biggest talent and never doing anything with them post u18's football.
Sorry understand the point. They get the talent then do nothing with them. The talent need to make a different choice.

Tough going this

The bridge reminds me of the 80s ...deserted

Good to know they're banging out programmes at a £1. That'll save the bridge

Back
Top Bottom