2015 Asian Cup

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

SouthernCross10

west sydney yid
For those here that hail from the asian confederation nations, I think it's mostly us australians lol.
The 2015 Asian Cup in Australia, for which Japan or Iran will most likely win.

Australia v Kuwait is the opening game tonight at 8pm (AEDT) or whatever is 11 hours behind that, is the British time, can't be bothered to work it out, it's too hot.
And with very few past or present spurs playing, I can't blame you for not giving a fuck lol
Only one that I can think of is Massimo Luongo who was a former youth product that spent his time at spurs on loan at Swindon Town, good young player that I would love to see back in a spurs shirt in the first team one day. Should feature regularly in the Australian team throughout the tournament. Yes that is how low we have dropped that we are relying on Football League 1 players.

Just noticed this. Can you tell me any more? Any potential upsets... any key players missing... anyone gaurenteed to lose all 3 games?

Group of death? hard to tell which group it is, but group D is definitely the easiest, Japan should smash through that group easy.
Maybe group C, all of those teams are all of equal standard
Group B boring!??? they have the Communism Cup between China and North Korea!

Palestine got a wildcard qualification spot after winning the AFC Cup, a competition for emerging nations who are shit at football. UEFA should do the same for the San Marino's, Gibraltars, Leichensteins etc...
But the story of Palestine is the main attraction with all of the political shit that they go through.

Anthony Beale Anthony Beale I'm assuming that your after tips to have a bet on it lol.
I wouldn't trust Australia in the first game see how they go against Kuwait, Australia can be a lot like England at times, on paper they have the players and should do it, but the pressure can often get to them when they aren't underdogs. The pressure on Australia to win on home soil is huge,
Iran was the best asian team at the World Cup.
top goal scorer? Have to go for a player in a team that is likely to go far, Japan, South Korea, Australia, Saudi Arabia, Iran would likely be the top 5 teams.
Keisuke Honda and Shinji Ozakazi (japans top goal scorer) are their main guys, Shinji Kagawa could bag a few goals he's an outsider.
Nasser Al Shamrani is Saudi Arabia's main man, but he's a little fucking cunt and a grub. Think of John Terry and Charlie Adams combined. during the AFC Champions League final whilst playing for Al-Hilal against the Western Sydney Wanderers he was a little pest, trying to start fights, head butted two players than spat at a western sydney player after the game when they lost. But he's a good player lol, was the Asian player of the year.
Australia have Tim Cahill still banging in goals for fun, he;s been in great form for Australia in the World Cup and the friendlies. other Australians include Tomi Juric, he's regarded as the next Mark Viduka, croatian hertitage, bit tall #9 that has great ball skills and an instinct for goal, Nathan Burns is the top scorer in the A-League so he's in great form but I doubt that he will start much(think of him as the Australian Charlie Austin, just in good scoring form).
Don't know a lot about the South Koreans and the Iranians to recommend a goal scorer though,
Ghoochannejhad Reza is the main Iranian guy, 19 caps and 11 goals so he can score them and Son Heung-min is south korea's main guy plays for Bayer Leverkusen but the Koreans aren't typically known for scoring goals, they'll play possession football, defend deep and try to win games 1-0.

The tiny middle eastern teams are dangerous like Qatar, UAE, Bahrain because they've invested a lot of money into football (most of it into FIFA's back pockets) over the past 10 years and they're starting to develop some good young players.
China are no good, for all of the money that their local league has and can attract good foreign players they can never seem to get it right at tournaments.
North Korea?, well it's North Korea, who knows lol
Iraq won the Asian Cup in 2007 which was massive for them considering the war going through their nation, but they were like Greece at the euro's in '04, good players that got into career best form at the right time

DPRK might do all right -- in Asian football, being slightly organised in defence can make all the difference (see Western Sydney Wanderers). And if there's one thing North Korean football's all about, it's keeping things tidy at the back. Just look at the haircuts.

Back
Top Bottom