2015 Asian Cup

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

3 games today,
South Korea vs Oman
Uzbekistan vs North Korea
Saudi Arabia vs China.

Saudi's and the chinese is the pick of the games there, should be a good tight game.
South Korea should handle Oman easy like Australia last night
Uzbekistan and the North Korea is an interesting one, mainly because nobody knows what North Korea can do, or knows anything about north korea at all lol
I know a lot about the North Korean squad. I read the Pyongyang Gazette religiously. They are a very powerful side. They've won the last 7 World Cups. Their leading scorer is Kim Jong Un, averaging 9 goals per game. He is their keeper. Everyone calls him "Dear Keeper."

Swindon fan here.

Most of us think Luongo will be moving onto a much bigger club this January. Stand-out for us this year, and this tournament will no doubt put him even more squarely in the shop window.

Can see him back at Spurs one day - actually, I think he'd be a perfect fit for the Spurs midfield NOW, and that AVB era Spurs were extremely hasty in offloading him for £400,000 - especially when he was being forced out to accommodate players like Paulinho, at 42 times the cost.

We've had a lot of youth players either sold or loaned from Spurs over the last couple of years, and out of all of them - Nathan Byrne, Grant Hall, Yaser Kasim (currently also at Asian Cup with Iraq), and even Ryan Mason, he's the one with the potential to go the furthest - physically strong, quick box-to-box runner - almost impossible to knock off the ball at times - good passer, quality touch, high levels of awareness, ball winner, goalscorer and v. skilful - the sort of all around game that makes him perfectly suited to the style of the Prem.

Here's a short clip of him from his last game for us before the Asian Cup - a fair indication of how far above everyone else on the pitch he appears at times (sorry for poor quality, but at our level, everything seems to have been recorded on a calculator).

Pretty confident he'll captain the Aussies one day. You obviously have a top class youth set-up, and with Kane, Bentaleb, Mason etc. it now looks like you have a manager who appreciates it, and willing to give players a chance. Probably bad for teams like us who have been leeching off it, but better for you in the long run.

So long anyway, and thanks for all the Yids!

not a bad few months for football and me,
1414889778044.jpg

B8rXXvVIQAAKsnO.jpg

B8eA8aVCAAAAZZ3.jpg

DPRK might do all right -- in Asian football, being slightly organised in defence can make all the difference (see Western Sydney Wanderers). And if there's one thing North Korean football's all about, it's keeping things tidy at the back. Just look at the haircuts.

Luongo has been our player of the tournament so far according to most reports.

I think he'll end up having a Jedinak-like career where he eventually does make it at the very top level, just a bit later than most do.

Quarter finals,
Australia v China (Australia should win that if Jedinak is fit)
South Korea v Uzbekistan (will be a tight game, Uzbekistan are playing better)
Iran v Iraq (There's probably some war or five that shouldn't be mentioned here lol)
Japan v UAE (UAE are good but Japan should be too good)

Cahill is officially this county's best ever with last night's efforts.
I am off to see Iran v Iraq tonight. Stadium is 10 minute walk away from my new place. Must say canberra living is a little different to Manhattan living!

WOW,

Game of the tournament so far,

It was 1-1 at the end of normal time,
Now 3-3 almost at the end of extra time,
This game has had everything, 4 extra time goals, all in melee/pushing fights, penalties and a great atmosphere from the fans and extraordinary celebrations

Back
Top Bottom