2015 Asian Cup

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The only bad thing about Australia's ability to hold a world cup would be the timezone difference for European television (which would cost FIFA money) and the cost for teams and fans to travel here.
everything else in terms of transport, sporting culture, weather conditions would be a 100x better than Qatar

@ 1 min, the Iran (White) player got sent off for his 2nd yellow for diving when the keeper pushed him and he went down like copped one on the chin from Muhammed Ali.

So many twitter warriors saying that the ref made the wrong decision, I thought that it was correct

@ 1 min, the Iran (White) player got sent off for his 2nd yellow for diving when the keeper pushed him and he went down like copped one on the chin from Muhammed Ali.

So many twitter warriors saying that the ref made the wrong decision, I thought that it was correct

Ben Williams is a shit referee, but in his defence he got this decision correct and booked the player for simulation. why would you hold your face and lay on the ground for 60 seconds when you got a light open handed push to the chest is beyond me... you should be harder on simulation and I think across the game worldwide we are winning that battle (playing on more when someone is down only stopping the play when instructed to by the ref). An example is if the chinese defender didn't go down like he was shot the other night he might have stopped that overhead kick by cahill..

Hopefully this is nothing, would hate to see Iraq knocked out on a technicality
http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/arti...-question-after-iran-claims-ineligible-player

Sources have told TWG that the Iranian Football Association has made a formal complaint to FIFA concerning the eligibility of Iraq midfielder Alaa Abdul Zahra.

The complaint stems from an alleged doping violating during the time Abdul Zahra spent last year playing with Iranian club side Tractor Sazi.

An AFC spokesperson confirmed to TWG that it is aware of the case and is awaiting further information from FIFA.

Iraq beat Iran on penalties after a 3-3 draw in Canberra on Friday to earn the right to face Korea Republic in the semi-finals in Sydney on Monday.

It's understood that the Iranian side has delayed its exit from Australia awaiting a response from the world governing body, which is expected on Saturday evening.

Have not paid any attention to this tournament so far but saw highlights of that Iran v Iraq game and it was awesome.
I thought the Iranian guy got a second yellow for leaving one on the keeper, not for simulation, but the highlights I watched were very edited.

Great if it was for simulation, but also the keeper did raise his hands which you definitely can't do, so maybe he got off lightly?

Not sure whether to watch the asian cup or kyrgios vs murray in the tennis. Probably the tennis as kyrgios is a spurs fan so got to get behind him, but then timmy might turn it on as well?

great point from postecoglou,
'a lot of the other teams have underestimated the effects of travelling around australia and the distances that you have to cover and the effect that it has on the players.
we know how to deal with it, we've been doing it in the A-League for years.'

I reckon that this is what killed Japan in the end, they never looked fit, always tired and never convincing,

Back
Top Bottom