#1882thfc Maribor. 8th November 2012

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Block is open again.

Club are worried about persistent standing in an area that has a steep cascade. They will eject anyone who persistently stands or abuses stewards. They will be particularly vigilant on this evening as UEFA officials will be there. If club are not seen to be doing something about standing etc. they risk heavy sanctions. They also wanted to stress that they are not out to spoil the fun of supporters, but they have no choice but to enforce rules which they have been handed down to them.

Nothing much else to report.

They also read this forum, among others.
Out of interest, who did you actually speak to - any one we would know of? If not, what position were they?

Glad the club are talking with you.
Us lot are generally quite decent folk, I doubt we'd abuse stewards and won't listen to them, as long as they don't take the piss I'm sure all of us will be happy.

Am i the only one concerned by this ? That trying to create a positive atmosphere in a football ground where youngsters are playing already provokes a reaction , stewarding , monitoring etc ...
0hOjz.jpg

SzuNL.jpg

C7lib.jpg

Glad to see the club is working with the TFC team, though. Hope this goes off without a hitch!

(For the image macro, go to town at: http://memegenerator.net/Teadrinkers )

Around row 18-20 is where the stewards, stand/sit in Shelf Lower, I could imagine it the same in Block J

To be fair the club aren't telling us to be quiet. They're telling us not to stand up. Have sat up there before and it's fucking tight and steep so I don't blame them.
Yeah it's easier to sing and create an atmosphere when standing up but we'll jut have to shout twice as loud.
It's fantastic that the club are communicating with you guys at this point. At the moment we seem to be on the early stages of a gradual move towards a designated 'hardcore' area, potentially even safe standing. We have a responsibility to the TFC members, other fans and fans of the future not to fuck it up in its infancy, so at this stage I'm prepared to do whatever the club has asked.
Patience is a virtue guys

Diaphragm allowing, the last time I checked, it WAS possible to sit down and sing... not quite the same though, is it?

I think the club are in a delicate situation, as of COURSE they don't want WHL turning into a sanitised morgue, (I hope) but at the same time, they (and we I guess) have got to accept that football, and its' fans perspectives/expectations and REASONS for going in the first place have changed dramatically over the last SKY FUELLED 20 YEARS!

They can ask us to sit... BUT THEY CAN'T STOP THE NOISE!

Nobody has said you can't stand, just not persistently. We are gonna get noticed standing up or sitting down. I mean, the ITV box is near that corner as well, they will go home with their ears ringing like I will.

As has been said, working with the club and showing them that we aren't out to cause trouble, swear at stewards or upset older folk/children - will hopefully mean that for quieter games we may be able to have our own block at times.

I'd suggest everyone sings at the top of their voices, but tries to remain seated at least for some of the time. And if a steward does ask you to sit down just do it. Don't swear or go off on one. Just do it... Then stand back up when the next song starts.

It would perhaps be easier next time in a lower tier where safety isn't so much of an apparent issue.

As has been said, working with the club and showing them that we aren't out to cause trouble, swear at stewards or upset older folk/children - will hopefully mean that for quieter games we may be able to have our own block at times.

I'd suggest everyone sings at the top of their voices, but tries to remain seated at least for some of the time. And if a steward does ask you to sit down just do it. Don't swear or go off on one. Just do it... Then stand back up when the next song starts.

It would perhaps be easier next time in a lower tier where safety isn't so much of an apparent issue.

Totally agree, much as I'd like to stand for 90 minutes like the Charlton/ Barca games, we need to look at the bigger picture.

The club seem to be pretty open to the whole idea of the 1882 movement and it'd be a shame to fuck it all up when things are going well and gaining momentum

I'd suggest everyone sings at the top of their voices, but tries to remain seated at least for some of the time. And if a steward does ask you to sit down just do it. Don't swear or go off on one. Just do it...
This was what Belgian Spur Belgian Spur , Abbey Yid Abbey Yid , and I did against Barça. It felt a bit collaborationist, but I had no interest in getting kicked out of WHL. Some fights are worth fighting. That one didn't seem to be, esp since the stewards were cool enough to say "don't play your tiny instruments" instead of "we're taking your tiny instruments away and melting them down for DVDs of this match".

Currently fine tuning my rendition to 'Can't smile with out you'. Just downloaded from iTunes in preparation.
Can't wait for this.
The pod on Friday should be good for a bit of transparency too.

Hopefully the club see 1882 as something positive. But obviously when you hear about 500+ people suddenly all buying tickets in a set area it is going to cause stewarding issues and they obviously need to be prepared.

I know that Flav did ask for an area for the game but didn't get much of an official reply.

If everyone behaves (which I'm sure they will - we may be loud, but we're not idiots or hooligans) then hopefully the club will recognise this and will want to work with us in having a section in the future.

This obv won't be happening for Premiership games any time soon, but for Next-Gen and the odd Europa League game at the Lane it would great to have a regular area

Nobody has said you can't stand, just not persistently.

This is quite odd....I was fortunate to, borrow a ST for the visit of Real Madrid....PL Lower. I turned up and took my seat just prior to kick-off and when the players walked out inevitably the stadium rose to a man, woman and child to applaud, cheer and generally go a bit mental.

I was of course expecting everybody to sit at that point but I fear I looked out of place at this point because, well, nobody did. Until half-time. Same behaviour greeted the return of the players in the 2nd half. Not a peep from the stewards.

Back
Top Bottom