1882 update + Anji and West Ham

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Bought two tickets for Anzhi, unfortunately not in block 35 as I'm going with my girlfriend and I think 1882 is too early for her, she still sees football as something weird. Will sit rather close in the shelf though, so will be ringside.

Bought two tickets for Anzhi, unfortunately not in block 35 as I'm going with my girlfriend and I think 1882 is too early for her, she still sees football as something weird. Will sit rather close in the shelf though, so will be ringside.

Don't understand why people feel the need to drag people along who have no interest in football. Isn't that one of the problems leading to the lack of atmosphere.
"hey look I've got a girl friend "

Don't understand why people feel the need to drag people along who have no interest in football. Isn't that one of the problems leading to the lack of atmosphere.

I'm not dragging her along, she wants to be there and then I have no problems buying an extra ticket for her.

The ban on ticker tape is almost certainly because they can't be bothered to clear it all up......don't blame them really, I wouldn't want to do it.

Nah, when I got mine taken off me once (I was way more brazen taking it in with me in those days) I even offered to 'stay behind and help sweep it up' yeah, like detention!
They wouldn't be swayed, and poured it all into the wheelie bin outside... PIECE...BY...PIECE! I swear she was smiling as she did it!

How does the whole allocated block work then?

- League games are a no go due to demand for tickets. Champions League would be the same if we qualified.
- League cup games such as West Ham go to the away fans. We've only played two rounds so far, one of those away.
- F.A Cup games the away fans get most of the Park Lane don't they? I'm not sure if Coventry as an example got allocated block 35 in the lower last season. They got 32 and 33 for certain but not sure where they were cut off.

The only games that benefit 1882 are Europa League games in this format and the ambition is to be playing Champions League football.

I personally agree with AVB's comments on the atmosphere but if that is the message being sent out from the club then surely you need to accommodate those that want to sing somewhere?

There is a definite link between us being at the Under-21s games and one day aspiring to have 1882 events at First team LEAGUE games.
If the youth team games being a portent of things to come for some of those players... I'd like to think that if ANYONE like McEvoy, Bantelabableb, Stewart, Fredericks, Coulibaly etc ever come into the first team, then plenty of 1882 fans will already be aware of them (likewise they will be well aware of us!) That bonding mechanism would be a fantastic thing to add to the warm welcome they'd get if any were to make their First team league debuts...

Similar to the EUROPA league, it's a competition that is merely showcasing TOMORROW'S Champions League players!! (and ideally, it's with us, one would fucking hope!)
It would be nice for the club to recognise this, and allocate even the back half of a block... that would be ample, surely?...after all, we were there right at the beginning of the journey! It would be just reward for everyone's efforts!

Took my mrs to the Coventry game last year and was in the 1882 block in east lower (altho right near the front) and that backfired! Had hoped that she'd see all the passion and atmosphere and see why I love tottenham so much (and thus get off my back about going to games or watching them etc) but she wasn't a fan of the standing and didn't really get involved in the singing.
We've drawn a line under it now - she leaves me to it
:bentley:

Took my mrs to the Coventry game last year and was in the 1882 block in east lower (altho right near the front) and that backfired! Had hoped that she'd see all the passion and atmosphere and see why I love tottenham so much (and thus get off my back about going to games or watching them etc) but she wasn't a fan of the standing and didn't really get involved in the singing.
We've drawn a line under it now - she leaves me to it
:bentley:

Tbh. I'm trying to be realistic and hope that she finds her own ways to enjoy the game and the atmosphere without pushing it too much.

My nephew and my niece are both brainwashed Spursfans :levystare: and as a result my sister is now very interesting and is now even watching the EL-games!!:ossie::dempsey:

Hahahahaha
I think as long as the partner is happy to be in the melly and get stuck in I'd rather have 100 partners who could end up supporting the club than 100 tourists who came with their cheeseboards and mixed up the Park Lane for the Paxton :avbfu:

How about turning up to the next one in hard hats and high vis jackets as a sort of ironic protest against all this elf n safety crap. Even funnier (but harder and expensive to pull off) if everyone went dressed as a steward in one of those big orange jackets. That would be the biggest mind fuck for some of those wannabe little hitlers.

Oh and @ 1882 1882 you could always coat your newspapers with fire proofing spray before tearing them up. Then there'd be no issue :)

How about turning up to the next one in hard hats and high vis jackets as a sort of ironic protest against all this elf n safety crap. Even funnier (but harder and expensive to pull off) if everyone went dressed as a steward in one of those big orange jackets. That would be the biggest mind fuck for some of those wannabe little hitlers.

Oh and @ 1882 1882 you could always coat your newspapers with fire proofing spray before tearing them up. Then there'd be no issue :)

http://www.hivis.co.uk/orange-hi-vis-safety-vest.html?gclid=CNLjtYLR1boCFfMctAodJF0AVw

#bargains

Back
Top Bottom