1882 update + Anji and West Ham

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm desperate to do this (my first time, tomorrow I'm in 34 :() and I have the pick of the seats, but I have to wait for my mate to get back to me... Can everyone promise not to buy tickets until this evening?

SERIOUSLY, the club can't have AVB moaning about lack of atmosphere one week, and then following it up by doing all they can to curtail the atmosphere trying to be created the next!
Or is AVB in direct opposition with the club on this?

It's proper bollocks.

If they start all the power crazed, super steward business at an 1882 thing, I don't know how many more times I can be arsed to go to home games.

You either want an atmosphere or not. Make a call one way or the other.

After NUFC i think i am throwing in the towel on Sunday matches. Particularly the early kickoffs - makes it a 6 hour round trip to the Lane for me. I will leave those to the armchairs from now on ). I do however retain the right to change my mind.

After NUFC i think i am throwing in the towel on Sunday matches. Particularly the early kickoffs - makes it a 6 hour round trip to the Lane for me. I will leave those to the armchairs from now on ). I do however retain the right to change my mind.

Called them off this season. They're quite depressing.

Send the old man and my brother for the LP's though. :dude:

Why doesnt everyone buy a ticket and just boycott the anzhi game, could even buy a ticket in another block as well if you are desperate to go?

Sunday is a shit day for me, especially with a 4pm kick off (or an early one like 12 this week)

Trains out here are rubbish at the best of times but on a sunday I don't get home until nearly midnight and with work the next day its a ball ache. For the early ones it is difficult to get to WHL in time without driving, as I'm having to do for the Man Utd match.

My first train gets to London at 11.50am on a Sun.
So for the early ones i have to drive 30 mins to another station. Plus there is nearly always some sort of engineering works on a Sun.

I've picked up 1 seat in the back row, right at the top of the aisle.

My Dad suffers from vertigo/dizziness and was this morning told to avoid loud places when possible. So no joke, he's decided to sit in the Paxton for this game instead of Block 35. Noise avoidance at it's best.
:soldadolol:

This isn't something to blame the TFC lads about. It's clearly and obviously coming from the club - and I've noticed that for whatever reason the club seems to get stricter during EL games. But I wonder, are people really saying that they can't still create an atmosphere despite the restrictions? Just sing louder! After all, that was the primary aim of the movement originally, not the ability to throw ticker tape. :)

If you let a few restrictions bum you out then you're giving up the fight too easily and might as well be one of the corpses sitting in the West Stand.

Last edited:
I've picked up 1 seat in the back row, right at the top of the aisle.

My Dad suffers from vertigo/dizziness and was this morning told to avoid loud places when possible. So no joke, he's decided to sit in the Paxton for this game instead of Block 35. Noise avoidance at it's best.
:soldadolol:

Think you will be right near me, I can't get the seat picker thing up at work due to shit out of date browsers, but I know roughly what the seat numbers for the end of the rows. (r28, s107 FYI)

Its the standing thing that gets me. Everyone knows that standing generates a much better atmosphere. It just doesnt feel the same sitting down and doing it...
Will they enforce the no standing? My ST is in the Paxton so I don't know the ins and outs of the situation; sometimes the Park Lane are all standing and sometimes I see stewards trying to make them sit down.

The standing restriction is completely unreasonable by any account, because anyone who is part of 1882 will want to stand up, so it benefits no one.

Will they enforce the no standing? My ST is in the Paxton so I don't know the ins and outs of the situation; sometimes the Park Lane are all standing and sometimes I see stewards trying to make them sit down.

The standing restriction is completely unreasonable by any account, because anyone who is part of 1882 will want to stand up, so it benefits no one.

Yeah but it's very difficult for the club to go against the law in any matter, and especially for a particular fan group. The news stories the next day..."Tottenham Hotspur endorses Hillsborough: Daniel Levy says he is pro-death at football stadia" or some such shit. I suspect that, if we're in the back of a block, making noise and not much trouble, they'll turn more of a blind eye to it than they would otherwise.

Also, I'll be in the back row of Block 35 for Anzhi. Just have to figure out how I'm going to leave work early enough to get there now...

Yeah but it's very difficult for the club to go against the law in any matter, and especially for a particular fan group. The news stories the next day..."Tottenham Hotspur endorses Hillsborough: Daniel Levy says he is pro-death at football stadia" or some such shit. I suspect that, if we're in the back of a block, making noise and not much trouble, they'll turn more of a blind eye to it than they would otherwise.

Also, I'll be in the back row of Block 35 for Anzhi. Just have to figure out how I'm going to leave work early enough to get there now...

I guess you're right. Hopefully they will just turn a blind eye to it, in which case no problem.

Exactly. The club have to say this in writing. It will be alright on the night. Chill thine beans people. And 1882 you haven't seen the message about ticker tape so crack on.

Are sparklers classed as pyrotechnics? Only I've bought 20k of the buggers to light at as they come out at half time.

Persistent standing is an issue all clubs have to be seen trying to address. And the fact remains that although you are not breaking the law by standing you are breaking the stadium (and probably UEFA) regulations.
Saying that I stood all the way through our CL matches so I don't think Europe/UEFA is the issue here.

More likely that with the media coverage clearly showing a lot of people standing on a very steep upper tier and people openly saying "buy a ticket in a different block and squeeze in" that the club are just covering it's own ass.
Also by getting people to sit down occasionally you soon find out if people don't have a seat.

Sit the first 10 rows you will be asked to sit down. Any further back and the stewards generally accept standing and concentrate on getting the front to sit down.
It's just a game at the end of the day. Stand up sit down and repeat when necessary.

Back
Top Bottom