1882 update + Anji and West Ham

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

anime_monopoly_money_by_choraleart-d51f1wo.jpg

I've picked up 1 seat in the back row, right at the top of the aisle.

My Dad suffers from vertigo/dizziness and was this morning told to avoid loud places when possible. So no joke, he's decided to sit in the Paxton for this game instead of Block 35. Noise avoidance at it's best.
:soldadolol:

Bought two tickets for Anzhi, unfortunately not in block 35 as I'm going with my girlfriend and I think 1882 is too early for her, she still sees football as something weird. Will sit rather close in the shelf though, so will be ringside.

Don't understand why people feel the need to drag people along who have no interest in football. Isn't that one of the problems leading to the lack of atmosphere.
"hey look I've got a girl friend "

The reason behind no ticker tape is comical.
It's akin to saying don't wear jackets with zipper since you can get your finder stuck and bleed a little

Or don't drive a car because you might crash and die

PC and H&S cunts taking over and destroying everything slowly

So if ticker tape is a fire risk surely they should stop selling match programs? :gallashmm:

Or are they made of special non-flammable material which is also the reason they are so expensive?

How about turning up to the next one in hard hats and high vis jackets as a sort of ironic protest against all this elf n safety crap. Even funnier (but harder and expensive to pull off) if everyone went dressed as a steward in one of those big orange jackets. That would be the biggest mind fuck for some of those wannabe little hitlers.

Oh and @ 1882 1882 you could always coat your newspapers with fire proofing spray before tearing them up. Then there'd be no issue :)

• Ticker tape is seen as a prohibited item because of increased fire risk.

Pathetic.

@ 1882 1882 , I feel for you

Last edited:
But ticker tape is so much more of a fire risk nowadays than it was back in the late 70's early 80's, only the other day I heard that some of the modern day ticker tape spontaneously combusted in the factory that makes it, we never saw that years ago with the older less flammable ticker tape!

PS. Agree with Bush Hill Spurs. THFC want 1882 to create atmosphere but then put a dozen caveats on what it can & cant do. Stupid.

Personally i would bin off the first team games & stick to U18/U19/U21 & ladies matches.
Nice & embarrassing for the club, a better atmosphere at a ladies match than a 1st team game - would love to see that.

The reason behind no ticker tape is comical.

Ticker tape is seen as a prohibited item because of increased fire risk.
Pyrotechnics are prohibited, and if found on a supporter, even around the stadium, it could lead to arrest, banning, and possibly a prison sentence.

Surely if the second one is eradicated, the first one doesn't pose as much of a problem??

It's like they're saying that loads of pieces of torn up paper will be a fire hazard IF someone brings in a lighted object (such as a Flare/Pyro/Smoke bomb) ...there's no smoking allowed inside the stadium now anyway, so GENUINELY, where's the fire risk...? ....unless they're admitting that they ARE expecting someone to bring Pyro along, in which case, whoever is planning to, please don't!! ...you're ruining my personal paper-strewn fun!

Of course, I do realise where the club is coming from, it's just, now I've been banned from doing it in my local Cinema or Tesco's... my options are narrowing daily as to where exactly I can do THIS:

ticker-tape-parade.jpg

This isn't something to blame the TFC lads about. It's clearly and obviously coming from the club - and I've noticed that for whatever reason the club seems to get stricter during EL games. But I wonder, are people really saying that they can't still create an atmosphere despite the restrictions? Just sing louder! After all, that was the primary aim of the movement originally, not the ability to throw ticker tape. :)

If you let a few restrictions bum you out then you're giving up the fight too easily and might as well be one of the corpses sitting in the West Stand.

Last edited:

The Fighting Cock

The Fighting Cock
Thanks again for the fantastic effort put in against Hull last week. It was a brilliant atmosphere and an experience that will long be remembered by those who were there. It was especially pleasing that the press seemed to pick up on that and at long last there was positive news stories written about the supporters of Tottenham Hotspur. Anji For The Europa League game against Anji 1882 movement will be in block 35. The game takes place on 12 […]

Continue reading...

Can you only imagine if I had?!!!
1882.jpg

Luckily, I own a very clever Barista who lives in my cellar, and does it all for me...
He also helps me rip up old copies of The Metro in his spare time!!

Will they enforce the no standing? My ST is in the Paxton so I don't know the ins and outs of the situation; sometimes the Park Lane are all standing and sometimes I see stewards trying to make them sit down.

The standing restriction is completely unreasonable by any account, because anyone who is part of 1882 will want to stand up, so it benefits no one.

Yeah but it's very difficult for the club to go against the law in any matter, and especially for a particular fan group. The news stories the next day..."Tottenham Hotspur endorses Hillsborough: Daniel Levy says he is pro-death at football stadia" or some such shit. I suspect that, if we're in the back of a block, making noise and not much trouble, they'll turn more of a blind eye to it than they would otherwise.

Also, I'll be in the back row of Block 35 for Anzhi. Just have to figure out how I'm going to leave work early enough to get there now...

Was going to give this game a miss because of the expense for what is a pointless game, but reading stuff about the game at Brisbane Road yesterday how can I even fathom not going. So I am sat in row 14 right next to 34 all on my lonesome, will obviously try and move further up, but then I don't think my knee caps would be able to handle when everyone decides to sit down when there is too many people in the row (the pain my knees went through at half time at Sheriff was horrible, I felt like Ledley King)

Back
Top Bottom