1882 update + Anji and West Ham

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The Fighting Cock

The Fighting Cock
Thanks again for the fantastic effort put in against Hull last week. It was a brilliant atmosphere and an experience that will long be remembered by those who were there. It was especially pleasing that the press seemed to pick up on that and at long last there was positive news stories written about the supporters of Tottenham Hotspur. Anji For The Europa League game against Anji 1882 movement will be in block 35. The game takes place on 12 […]

Continue reading...

PS. Agree with Bush Hill Spurs. THFC want 1882 to create atmosphere but then put a dozen caveats on what it can & cant do. Stupid.

Personally i would bin off the first team games & stick to U18/U19/U21 & ladies matches.
Nice & embarrassing for the club, a better atmosphere at a ladies match than a 1st team game - would love to see that.

• Ticker tape is seen as a prohibited item because of increased fire risk.

Pathetic.

@ 1882 1882 , I feel for you

Last edited:
The reason behind no ticker tape is comical.
It's akin to saying don't wear jackets with zipper since you can get your finder stuck and bleed a little

Or don't drive a car because you might crash and die

PC and H&S cunts taking over and destroying everything slowly

But ticker tape is so much more of a fire risk nowadays than it was back in the late 70's early 80's, only the other day I heard that some of the modern day ticker tape spontaneously combusted in the factory that makes it, we never saw that years ago with the older less flammable ticker tape!

It's proper bollocks.

If they start all the power crazed, super steward business at an 1882 thing, I don't know how many more times I can be arsed to go to home games.

You either want an atmosphere or not. Make a call one way or the other.

The reason behind no ticker tape is comical.

Ticker tape is seen as a prohibited item because of increased fire risk.
Pyrotechnics are prohibited, and if found on a supporter, even around the stadium, it could lead to arrest, banning, and possibly a prison sentence.

Surely if the second one is eradicated, the first one doesn't pose as much of a problem??

It's like they're saying that loads of pieces of torn up paper will be a fire hazard IF someone brings in a lighted object (such as a Flare/Pyro/Smoke bomb) ...there's no smoking allowed inside the stadium now anyway, so GENUINELY, where's the fire risk...? ....unless they're admitting that they ARE expecting someone to bring Pyro along, in which case, whoever is planning to, please don't!! ...you're ruining my personal paper-strewn fun!

Of course, I do realise where the club is coming from, it's just, now I've been banned from doing it in my local Cinema or Tesco's... my options are narrowing daily as to where exactly I can do THIS:

ticker-tape-parade.jpg

So if ticker tape is a fire risk surely they should stop selling match programs? :gallashmm:

Or are they made of special non-flammable material which is also the reason they are so expensive?

Can you only imagine if I had?!!!
1882.jpg

Luckily, I own a very clever Barista who lives in my cellar, and does it all for me...
He also helps me rip up old copies of The Metro in his spare time!!

So if ticker tape is a fire risk surely they should stop selling match programs? :gallashmm:

Or are they made of special non-flammable material which is also the reason they are so expensive?
GREAT IDEA!!

Everyone buy a programme (I know, I know, it's £3.50), rip it up in your seats, then throw it!

They can't tell us it's banned because it's a fire hazard if they sell it to us in the ground :gio:

Back
Top Bottom