1882: Spurs U21 vs Everton U21 (WHL - May 13th) BLOCK 16

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What a superb night. Completely different type of superb to Barnet though. I haven't laughed so much at White Hart Lane since we first saw Gervinho.

Some of the chants were absolutely genius!

A rainbow came perfectly over the east stand. Cue a load of Wembley / arch related songs.

And a 10 minute long "Oh when the Spurs" (literally), with someone shouting out a funny "Until......." after every verse. e.g. until we sign a striker, until we sell Bentley, until John Terry isn't a cunt, until we get our rainbow back :avblol:

Cracking night, thanks to all involved.

Rainbow:

BKLFjmCCIAAeFrt.jpg:large

Just got in from WHL. Missed the half hourly train back to Enfield by 5 minutes.

Wasnt as good as Underhill but that was a given, didnt expect it to be.
Loved the banter that the West Ham photographer was getting, started getting a tiny bit stale towards the end but then the long rendition of "Oh when the Spurs" helped out.

Ticker tape made another appearance. Im still picking it out of my jacket!!

I thought it was funny how the 1882 section, to the left were getting body searches, metal detectors, etc...
But the other section to the right, you could just walk in!!
Shows that the club are stil highly suspicous of who may attach themselves to the movement?

I thought it was funny how the 1882 section, to the left were getting body searches, metal detectors, etc...
Shows that the club are stil highly suspicous of who may attach themselves to the movement?

Because of the smoke bomb probably.

I thoroughly enjoyed it. Very amusing night!

90 minutes of non-stop singing with some classics, ('Can't Smile Without You' a couple of times through, 'Glory Glory Hallelujah' and as mentioned at least 100 slow verses of 'Oh When The Spurs').

Great to get deserved recognition from Everton and Spurs official Twitter accounts and Daniel Wynne at the end. Rumour has it Levy was at the ground (in his office or outside who knows) hopefully he heard us!

Heard 2 guys talking on the way out, one explaining 1882 to the other, both praising it which is good, I spoke to them and they seemed very positive which is always nice.

Even our youth team score late winners! And also lose concentration towards the end of a first half and concede!

The rainbow songs were funny as was the abuse at the West Ham cameraman. As always, great support for the lads!

'the scousers nicked our rainbow! La la la la!' 'are you Wenger in disguise!' (to the cameraman sat next to a ballboy

Good luck Wigan, and bring on Sunday

I had quite a funny start to the night.

Aside from a couple of old fellas who weren't going to the game, I was quite literally the first person in the Brickies, at about 3:30, and shortly after, a couple of ladies walked in and sat by a table near me. I was on my phone looking through some #1882thfc tweets and saw this:

I knew it was the ladies next to me, because they were the only two in there, so I retweeted it, to see what they'd say.

30 seconds later I heard "Who is James Welham, and why the hell is he retweeting me". Her mate saw me smiling and burst out laughing. Great way to introduce ourselves!

From Ray Lo's report:

Both sides had players with first team experience with players returning from loan clubs.There was good vocal support from the 1882 group again.

As I said on twitter before - there really is a lot of positive stuff coming from our various youth teams at the moment. Our complete overhaul of the structure in the early years of ENIC's tenure is really paying dividends and it would be fantastic if the likes of Carroll et al. start pushing for regular first team places.

Our Under 21s have scored 80 goals this season!

just got home. Really enjoyed tonight. A great game, Everton's 2nd goal was quality but it wasn't as good as my £2 bet on Spurs to win 3-2 at 20/1. I still have failed to meet anyone from here, so I was just standing in pubs myself losing money on fruit machine

Before anyone lays claim to it I am the guy who started 'same old scousers, taking rainbows.' I wanted to cry with happiness when everyone joined in

Quality night at the Lane, I think Les Ferdinand enjoyed it lol. Going to watch the man utd v Liverpool while the scum are playing as I can't bring myself to watch that shit! Ill post a link if I find a gooden'

According to the report on the official site, we were "drawn" to play away in the final. I assume they don't have a neutral ground as you would get less spectators; i.e. less fans of both teams would attend if tie was at Villa Park, for example. At least holding the game at one of the finalist grounds you would expect a fair number from that team to attend. Just a shame we weren't "drawn" at home.

Just got in from WHL. Missed the half hourly train back to Enfield by 5 minutes.

Wasnt as good as Underhill but that was a given, didnt expect it to be.
Loved the banter that the West Ham photographer was getting, started getting a tiny bit stale towards the end but then the long rendition of "Oh when the Spurs" helped out.

Ticker tape made another appearance. Im still picking it out of my jacket!!

Problem comes with some fans who elect to bring in smoke bombs etc that spoil the experience for others. Gotta be expected after Barnet. I didn't go last night but still sounds a great night. Well done all who did. Looking forward to more next season. Hopefully more games at grounds like Barnet!

"SOMEWHERE OVER THE PARK LANE, WAY UP HIGH....
THERE'S A TEAM THAT I HEARD OF ONCE IN A LULLABY!
SOMEWHERE OVER THE RAINBOW, SKIES ARE (LILYWHITE AND) BLUE
AND THE DREAMS THAT YOU DARE TO DREAM
REALLY DO COME TRUE"

Altogether now....

OOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRR:

"UP ABOVE THE PARK LANE - TOTTENHAM, RAINBOW CLIMBING HIGH
EVERYONE CAN SEE IT'S SHINING, OVER THE SKY
PAINT THE WHOLE GROUND WITH A RAINBOW!!!"

a-2-3-4....

dammit, wish I was there now.... did anyone sing ANYTHING resembling either of these? (first one a bit gay, I realise!)

Song sheets would have been needed for that ditty! I can remember a couple:

We've got our own arch,
We've got our own arch
We're Tottenham Hotspur,
We've got our own arch

Are we Wembley?
Are we Wembley?
Are we Wembley in disguise?

Wembley! Wembley!
We're the famous Tottenham Hotspur and we're playing at Wembley!

Back
Top Bottom