🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🌈🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿Wales v England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🌈🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 7pm bbc 1

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The first half was absolute garbage. Clearly you're someone who doesn't mind being bored rigid as long as we win...I don't. I think teams have shown you can have both. It was all slow and piss poor for 1st half. Fact.
Which teams have shown any different? Lots of 0-0s at half time thus far.

On paper we have a better squad than the majority of the teams in the competition. I don't think anyone is proclaiming us as World Cup winners in waiting just because we topped our group. Not even the media. For some reason people always like to make such a huge song and dance about the media and England supporters every tournament, like they're not allowed to enjoy it and dream a little. There have been worse teams and squads than this current England one that have won things before.

Yeah very true but as my memory fades, what is that other than the 1966 world cup?

Maybe.

It's just the usual set-up for failure though.

I get that at some point all the fanfare of expectation will likely be met with success but we have played nobody of note yet, despite the FIFA rankings.

In saying that I think there are only 5 and at a push 6 teams who can win this and it's fair to say we are just about one of those, but it's what we are able to do when tested that will define our quality and our chances.

& You go too far the other way and decide the likes of Croatia are ahead of us despite a massively declined squad and the fact we beat them pretty handidly at the Euros, are way ahead of them in the rankings & have a better squad in every area other than midfield. They've been far from impressive in the groups either, other than vs Canada. Finished below Morocco.

There's always the OTT England cynics and the OTT we've got the best squad in the tournament fans.

Denmark
Greece
Not every German team that's racked up trophies have been a killer.

Ah yes, other countries

Worse but they won, so maybe more together then.

I think we had a better squad than Leicester and they won the PL, so maybe it's actually that they were better.

It's always how we choose to interpret it.

Which teams have shown any different? Lots of 0-0s at half time thus far.
That's irrelevant. I am solely discussing my view of England's first half. It's like me saying that since 1990 there have been fewer nil Nils at half time...see? Utterly irrelevant. I watched the 1st half and we were drab, clueless and turgid. Much better 2nd half. End of.

That's irrelevant. I am solely discussing my view of England's first half. It's like me saying that since 1990 there have been fewer nil Nils at half time...see? Utterly irrelevant. I watched the 1st half and we were drab, clueless and turgid. Much better 2nd half. End of.

We were nowhere near as bad as you're making out. We dominated the ball, created a couple of decent chances and didn't let Wales have a shot. It's never easy when up against a team that is just there to sit back and frustrate. We played a bit too slow at times but the first half was far from a tragedy.

We were nowhere near as bad as you're making out. We dominated the ball, created a couple of decent chances and didn't let Wales have a shot. It's never easy when up against a team that is just there to sit back and frustrate. We played a bit too slow at times but the first half was far from a tragedy.
That's fine. That's your opinion. I was frustrated at the craoness in the 1st half. My opinion.

Back
Top Bottom