🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🌈🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿Wales v England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🌈🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 7pm bbc 1

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think we could win the world cup...but for that injury to Reece James and the over Conservative coach not blooding Tomori earlier. As it is the lack of mobility at centre back will catch us up. Oh and can I add how lovely it was to watch an England team without the handbrake of Mason fucking Mount.
We are clearly not missing Tomori. Yes he possibly should have got into the 26 but if we are being honest, Maguire and Stones have been excellent so far (in particular Maguire).

Mount shouldnt be starting. He's not creative enough to warrant dropping a more defensive minded CM and playing Bellingham in a deeper role. IMO we would look far more balanced when Kalvin Phillips partners Rice and Bellingham is given a more advanced role out of the 3. Henderson was poor yesterday but I'd even play him ahead of Mount.

Congratulations to all the Three Lions fans on making it into the top 16 teams in the world and good luck against Senegal!
World Cup Winner GIF by Hacker Noon

To the fans of the Wales national team - Cheer up folks! Show the world how to leave the ring with your head held high after a loss (we Germans can then learn from you!)!
The Beautiful Game Futbol GIF by World Cup

Was easier than I was expecting last night, only thing in all the games now Kane hasn't looked like scoring once and the only hope for him was getting a penalty

Fully expect us to have enough to edge out Senegal. They're solid and compact but there's nothing to fear there. Would love Argentina if we do get past Senegal as I fully believe we would have too much for them. France are a team you would like to avoid until the final.

We look good playing a back four but I just think Southgate won’t be able to help himself but go back to a back three with a midfield of rice and Phillips.

We look best moving the ball quickly and at pace. I think Rice has looked the worst midfielder to play so far but he’s never really had a below 6 out of 10 game for England and so can’t really be dropped. I would go Pickford, Walker, stones, Maguire, shaw, rice, Bellingham, Henderson, Saka, Kane, Foden.

I would drop rashford as he never has two good games in a row. I wouldn’t be surprised if Southgate doesn’t though and goes Pickford with a back three of Walker stones and Maguire, trippier and shaw on the wings, 3 workhorses in midfield and Kane and rashford up top. Or even Kane and Sterling.

Wales need a proper clear out, build around the young uns and get back to being difficult to beat which from the euro 2016 qualifiers through to last year, they were!

If we could find a better keeper than Ward, that would be a good start!
I suspect you could do with a better manager too. Don't see why he or she should need to be Welsh either.

Was easier than I was expecting last night, only thing in all the games now Kane hasn't looked like scoring once and the only hope for him was getting a penalty
I’m always a bit puzzled with this , I think England have scored more goals than any other team to date in this WC , Kane has assisted 3 of those & been a part of the build up in more. I’m not implying that you are but there’s loads of people on social media criticizing him . It’s a poor argument. Kane has played well & if scores no goals but assists a dozen . Who cares ? It’s a team game

I’m always a bit puzzled with this , I think England have scored more goals than any other team to date in this WC , Kane has assisted 3 of those & been a part of the build up in more. I’m not implying that you are but there’s loads of people on social media criticizing him . It’s a poor argument. Kane has played well & if scores no goals but assists a dozen . Who cares ? It’s a team game
Worked in the end last night but there's times where he seems to be slow to react around the box in the 3 games so far and hasn't had one chance where he looked like getting a goal.
Probably still injured and would of probably been better overall not playing last night but at least got subbed early ish.

You
Nothing like good old fashioned hype.

Bellingham greatest midfielder. Rashford reborn.

Fcuk me.
You get that everywhere though, here it's Pedri and Gavi who are the greatest players ever to strike a football. Just before the competition started and Ansu Fati looked to be Luis Enrique's secret weapon, he was the briefly The One.

Long-time fans - not those who pop up at tournament time - tend to take a more nuanced view in my experience

You

You get that everywhere though, here it's Pedri and Gavi who are the greatest players ever to strike a football. Just before the competition started and Ansu Fati looked to be Luis Enrique's secret weapon, he was the briefly The One.

Long-time fans - not those who pop up at tournament time - tend to take a more nuanced view in my experience

Maybe.

It's just the usual set-up for failure though.

I get that at some point all the fanfare of expectation will likely be met with success but we have played nobody of note yet, despite the FIFA rankings.

In saying that I think there are only 5 and at a push 6 teams who can win this and it's fair to say we are just about one of those, but it's what we are able to do when tested that will define our quality and our chances.

Maybe.

It's just the usual set-up for failure though.

I get that at some point all the fanfare of expectation will likely be met with success but we have played nobody of note yet, despite the FIFA rankings.

In saying that I think there are only 5 and at a push 6 teams who can win this and it's fair to say we are just about one of those, but it's what we are able to do when tested that will define our quality and our chances.

On paper we have a better squad than the majority of the teams in the competition. I don't think anyone is proclaiming us as World Cup winners in waiting just because we topped our group. Not even the media. For some reason people always like to make such a huge song and dance about the media and England supporters every tournament, like they're not allowed to enjoy it and dream a little. There have been worse teams and squads than this current England one that have won things before.

How is it appalling? We top the group if the USA win and they lead 1-0.
The first half was absolute garbage. Clearly you're someone who doesn't mind being bored rigid as long as we win...I don't. I think teams have shown you can have both. It was all slow and piss poor for 1st half. Fact.

Back
Top Bottom