🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🌈🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿Wales v England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🌈🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 7pm bbc 1

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rashford might be England's most important player because of his pace and ability to get in behind and finish. Foden the best/most talented.

England will need both of them starting. Not the overrated Saka.

Saka is good .. another 4 goals 6 assists this season.

But Foden is better & Rashford off the left offers more balance.

It's not like Shaw hasn't faced really quick players before time and again. And for all the negative talk about our defence, it's worth remembering that England have one of the best defensive records in Europe under Southgate, even more so when it really matters in tournament football.

France have the talent to put a few past any side if they're at their best but I'm pretty sure we're capable of giving them a game.
True.

To be fair, it’s more when Dembele moves inside and Maguire attempts to rugby tackle him.

Anyway, I’m being needlessly negative. I think England are, on paper, about the sixth best team at the comp. I just think France have better players and will beat us. Rabiot is really starting to tick and I can see him influencing the game more than Rice or Bellingham.

Would love to be proven wrong,

And of course, no side in world football can boast a striker like Kane, and even a decent backup like Wilson.

Only comparable team is France with Benzema and Giroud.
What exactly IS a "striker like Kane"? What qualities would that striker need?

Poland? Spain?

Poland? Spain?
You've watched him for years, you bloody well know what kind of player Kane is, or are you that fucking thick?

Even Poland and Spain would take him. Lewandwski wishes he could be on the end of some Kane passes, and Pedri/Gavi etc. wish they could pass to Kane instead of Morata.

True.

To be fair, it’s more when Dembele moves inside and Maguire attempts to rugby tackle him.

Anyway, I’m being needlessly negative. I think England are, on paper, about the sixth best team at the comp. I just think France have better players and will beat us. Rabiot is really starting to tick and I can see him influencing the game more than Rice or Bellingham.

Would love to be proven wrong,

I don't see a standout team myself. France have the best squad but we've seen Switzerland knock them out of the Euros recently. They are always capable of imploding at any moment. Brazil are always very good but I believe they've had far better sides in the past. Same with Spain. Netherlands are miles away from the team they had 5 years ago...

On a good day England are as good as the rest and have a chance against anybody. On the flipside we're also certainly capable of uderwhelming.

Foden is MILES better than Saka

Yeah sure I don't disagree at all, he's a different level.

Saka is a really good winger. Works hard, quick, good 1on1, mature. Doesn't have that something special which separates good talents from great ones like Foden, though. And that's why Foden should pretty much always be in the England XI.

I don't see a standout team myself. France have the best squad but we've seen Switzerland knock them out of the Euros recently. They are always capable of imploding at any moment. Brazil are always very good but I believe they've had far better sides in the past. Same with Spain. Netherlands are miles away from the team they had 5 years ago...

On a good day England are as good as the rest and have a chance against anybody. On the flipside we're also certainly capable of uderwhelming.
Christ. Don’t say that.

It means Germany will win!

Poland? Spain?

The only striker that has anything like Kane's all round game is Benzema. Lewandowski is an even better goal-scorer but you would never see him even attempt some of the wonderful passes and crosses Harry regularly does. He's unique. That doesn't mean he also doesn't have certain flaws.

Honestly mate, he's lost many of his duels to Rodon!!!

The freekick was well hit (so many hit the wall these days, so nice to see one that goes on target) but I think the 'keeper should save it. The shot for his 2nd was really poor, he hit it straight at the 'keeper and it went through his legs. In the build-up to that goal, his touch that brought the ball inside was a miss control, as was the touch he had to try to bring it down when it was hit over the top for him to run onto.

I feel dirty saying this, he's got two gaols and I am delighted for us and him but honestly, I don't think he's been good at all and very lucky with his goals.
Better to be lucky than good...

You've watched him for years, you bloody well know what kind of player Kane is, or are you that fucking thick?
I have, I do, and I am but that aside I want to know what you think that type of player is, that is, your whole argument, so I can dismantle it.

Even Poland and Spain would take him. Lewandwski wishes he could be on the end of some Kane passes, and Pedri/Gavi etc. wish they could pass to Kane instead of Morata.
Speculation. This is not FIFA where you plug and play discrete stats and expect a linear output. Football is dynamic and there's no way of knowing if those teams would want him.

Yeah sure I don't disagree at all, he's a different level.

Saka is a really good winger. Works hard, quick, good 1on1, mature. Doesn't have that something special which separates good talents from great ones like Foden, though. And that's why Foden should pretty much always be in the England XI.
Foden is definitely better, but both lack a bit of killer instinct and for England both have been very inconsistent.

They've bagged a handful against Wales and Iran but you just can't trust them the way you could trust Kane or Son.

I have, I do, and I am but that aside I want to know what you think that type of player is, that is, your whole argument, so I can dismantle it.

Speculation. This is not FIFA where you plug and play discrete stats and expect a linear output. Football is dynamic and there's no way of knowing if those teams would want him.
Piss off you twat. I'm not pretend I need to explain what Kane brings to the game to you.

The only striker that has anything like Kane's all round game is Benzema. Lewandowski is an even better goal-scorer but you would never see him even attempt some of the wonderful passes and crosses Harry regularly does. He's unique. That doesn't mean he also doesn't have certain flaws.
I don't rate your opinion Mr Spursyy. There's not much to go on as you've only been here a week (in this guise) but we've had a back and forth and from that I wasn't impressed.

Harry can do things when given the time. When not given abundant time he is a donkey with the ball at his feet. You only have to look back 1 game to see.

Back
Top Bottom