Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Read today that Sabella has said he's still thinking of including Lamela in the WC squad, if he can prove his fitness before his final decision is made next month. Could we pleeeeease let him free and let him play to prove himself for his national team? Imagine what that would do to him for next season, if he ended this season with a few good games and then got to play the WC for argentina... :avbpray:

I was really hoping to watch him play in the world cup, considering we haven't gotten to really at Spurs

I was really hoping to watch him play in the world cup, considering we haven't gotten to really at Spurs
I might be wrong here, but I believe he is yet to play a competitive game for Argentina. All of his appearances (6) have been friendlys I think. Again I stand to be corrected but I think he hasn't even played a full 90 mins for Agentina yet.

I might be wrong here, but I believe he is yet to play a competitive game for Argentina. All of his appearances (6) have been friendlys I think. Again I stand to be corrected but I think he hasn't even played a full 90 mins for Agentina yet.

They will call him up, not play him, then play him in the final.

AVB/Man City away style.

Hmmm, this is odd. I was just doing electrical work and it struck me that Lamela bears a striking resemblance to a NEMA L14-20 electrical outlet.

Don't believe me / think I'm crazy? Well, see for yourself:

feCuHs1.png

grad_tall.jpg

The resemblance is uncanny...

Next season he has to replace Lennon.

Lennon has been shocking this season. 1 goal and 1 assist. Fucking awful.
perhaps, depends how we play. If it was a 4-3-3 (or an attacking 4-5-1) then maybe, but i don't think it would be a good idea to have lamela in a right mid type position.

something like [formation=433, Lloris, Walker, Kaboul, Vertonghen, Rose, Dembele, Sandro, Eriksen, Lamela, Ade/Soldado, Chadli][/formation] would be great...

Next season he has to replace Lennon.

Lennon has been shocking this season. 1 goal and 1 assist. Fucking awful.
It's really hard to argue with you, especially when you look at the numbers. Lennon's 1 goal 1 assist and even Townsend's 2 goals and no assists is horrendous and that is in all competitions nonetheless. Even in very limited appearances, Lamela has at least pitched in a goal and 3 assists. At least Andros has got some very good potential and Lamela's potential is through the roof.

When asked about Lamela, the Argentine national coach responded
"Erik who? Erik Lamela? Is this a wind up? Is it like Phil McCrackin and Mike hunt? Never heard of him"

Hmmm, this is odd. I was just doing electrical work and it struck me that Lamela bears a striking resemblance to a NEMA L14-20 electrical outlet.

Don't believe me / think I'm crazy? Well, see for yourself:

feCuHs1.png

grad_tall.jpg

The resemblance is uncanny...
There's the problem - they keep plugging him into single phase receptacles.

perhaps, depends how we play. If it was a 4-3-3 (or an attacking 4-5-1) then maybe, but i don't think it would be a good idea to have lamela in a right mid type position.

something like [formation=433, Lloris, Walker, Kaboul, Vertonghen, Rose, Dembele, Sandro, Eriksen, Lamela, Ade/Soldado, Chadli][/formation] would be great...

Only 2 English players? One who can only play well against Sunland. Kaboul is shot. Verts hates it here. Sandro cannot tackle without getting injured or a card. Dembele is crab that loses the ball. Lamela is a ghost. Ade wants paying. Big time. I think Teflon Dan will pay it sadly then we get the moody twat again. Soldado doesn't score.

But then again I'm an optimist. So who knows.

Only 2 English players? One who can only play well against Sunland. Kaboul is shot. Verts hates it here. Sandro cannot tackle without getting injured or a card. Dembele is crab that loses the ball. Lamela is a ghost. Ade wants paying. Big time. I think Teflon Dan will pay it sadly then we get the moody twat again. Soldado doesn't score.

But then again I'm an optimist. So who knows.
That was just an example of how id line up to better utilise what we have, considering our current squad. Players like Vlad, Paulinho, Capoue and Bentaleb etc can be swapped in and out obviously. But with a better coach leading things, that team would definitely do well.

Back
Top Bottom