Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I stand by what I said, after the departure of Zeman and the dismantling of his all out attacking system Lamela only had 3 assists and 5 goals in the 4 months after Zeman's departure as opposed to the 10 goals and 2 assists he had when Zeman was there. This highlights two things firstly the fact that Lamela had less assists and more goals in the first half of the season under Zeman shows that he basically did play as a striker and the 5 goals and 3 assists show that under the interim coach Aurelio Andreazzoli he played as more of a winger which is the position he would be playing in our system meaning that we cannot expect the same output as the first half of last season as the tactics were totally different to the way we play. That is why I believe that 30 million is way over the top even if the fee we paid was based on potential or based on the player we think he can become it to is over the top as rarely do players turn out the way we think they will.

Original post: Very overrated footballer scored 15 goals and had 5 assists in a season which he played the majority of under the great Zdenek Zeman who is essentially the Arsene Wenger of Serie A in that he has a group of footballing principles which he will never abandon. Has been playing the same 433 all out attacking brand of football since the late 80s where the full backs are wingers, the front 3 are all strikers and the middle 3 are constantly making runs forward without a care in the world for defending, which is left up to the 2 centre backs and the goalkeeper who is essentially a sweeper. 30 million wasted if you ask me, shame.

I think the point is, when you spend £30m on a young lad as, I can only believe, an investment, last thing you want to do is risk causing permanent or lasting damage by rushing back from injury (like Michael Owen at liverpool etc.)

The lad needs encouragement, time in the first team and support.
He clearly has world class talent.
Yes he gets paid a lot, but if I think back to what I was like at his age - making so many mistakes in all things and I'm just a normal bloke living in the country I was born, doing an apprenticeship with none of the pressures that he faces.....jeez

The lad needs encouragement, time in the first team and support.
He clearly has world class talent.
Yes he gets paid a lot, but if I think back to what I was like at his age - making so many mistakes in all things and I'm just a normal bloke living in the country I was born, doing an apprenticeship with none of the pressures that he faces.....jeez

If you think about it... plenty of us were right little pricks at his age!
...in fact, some of us still are (little pricks/still his age!*)

*delete as applicable!

If he stays beyond THE 11pm WINDOW SLAM then I for one will be chuffed to bits!

Back
Top Bottom