Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ha6M17x.gif
ob
obviously I wasn't serious, I just dnt think he should start at this point, out of all the new signings he is the one I dn't see fitting in our system.

obviously I wasn't serious, I just dnt think he should start at this point, out of all the new signings he is the one I dn't see fitting in our system.
He fits, he just needs to be given time.

Some people need to stop acting like we're Madrid; that if a player isn't fully bedded in after a month of football it's time to move on with someone else.

Luckily for you he's returning from injury and AVB isn't likely to force him back into the starting 11 for a few games yet, outside of maybe EL.

Is it just me or does Lamela look really chilled and laxydaysical on and off the ball, as if he's not trying. I know he oozes class as he has the most time on the ball other than Dembele, he also tracks back decently enough so he works hard enough.

Just an observation

Think he will just get better and better. With any luck anyway.
Think he is so good he looks relaxed but he is definitely a worker out there.
Almost a cross between Berb and Ronaldo at this stage.

So much knee jerking on twitter last night about Lamela. He's barely played for us FFS. Same with Soldado in that other thread. For a club that has waited so long to get back into the top positions in the league you would think our fans would have learnt a little bit more patience.

To write them off completely is insane, but to have concerns over the two players settling in period is fine by me.

After all that's over £50m there which, so far hasn't performed to the level we would have hoped.

Strongly disagree that anyone is kneejerking over Soldado, no one has completely written him off from what I've read. It's a valid discussion.

I've seen people pretty much writing him off as another Rebrov on twitter. Cannot be arsed to trawl back through days of tweets though.

After all that's over £50m there which, so far hasn't performed to the level we would have hoped.

How so? Lamela has barely played for us. Soldado has scored 4 goals and made a few assists (can't remember how many off the top of my head but it's at least 2.)

Anyone expecting miracles in the first few games from a 21 year old who doesn't speak English is frankly unreasonable. And to criticise Soldado's quite sizeable contribution to our effort is pretty short sighted. Let's all just chill out and look at the bigger picture. If at the end of the season he's still on the same Goals total then there may be a concern. But right now we don't have anything to worry about.

Anyone expecting miracles in the first few games from a 21 year old who doesn't speak English is frankly unreasonable. And to criticise Soldado's quite sizeable contribution to our effort is pretty short sighted. Let's all just chill out and look at the bigger picture. If at the end of the season he's still on the same Goals total then there may be a concern. But right now we don't have anything to worry about.
He hasn't scored as freely as we'd have liked but it's early days and he has made his contributions. But, he hasn't scored in open play in the league thus far, so people have the right to ask the question. He will and should start against West Ham.

As for twitter, you follow cunts, unfollow them.

Soldado is doing fine.

Give him a chance to settle and get used to the pace. It's obvious he is quality, works hard and will score goals. If he hasn't scored another after 10 games i would still say the same.

I personally would have hoped for a few more goals for Soldado (although his all round play has been good, and he looks like he will start scoring imminently)

Lamela has only played a bit-part role, but hasn't produced as much as I'd have expected of a player costing £25m, but like you say, he is young and still settling in. His passing last night was poor, but obviously the pitch was dire which isn't going to help.

I'm not worried for either, because I think they will both be fine, my observation is that so far, I personally think that most Spurs fans would have expected a tad more.

So much knee jerking on twitter last night about Lamela. He's barely played for us FFS. Same with Soldado in that other thread. For a club that has waited so long to get back into the top positions in the league you would think our fans would have learnt a little bit more patience.

It's not all knee jerking on the Soldado thread though. I was accused of knew jerking when it was nothing of the sort.

If someone writes off any player we've signed in the summer now, then that's ind thing, but I haven't seen any of that yet and if I did i wouldn't take it seriously.

Sell him him to QPR in January along with Soldado - 10m special price

Not hat-tricks, no skills, nothing. Fucking failures

:troll:

why wait till Jan, sure you can loan out non Premier League players. It's where our special relationship with the O's comes into play. Bit of 3rd division football will be the making of 'em

I think the problem with a few of the new guys is actually Paulinho, because he's settled in so quickly the other guys are suffering in comparison. We'll be fucking awesome when they catch up.

No sure if trolling or serious :avbcringe:
I stand by what I said, after the departure of Zeman and the dismantling of his all out attacking system Lamela only had 3 assists and 5 goals in the 4 months after Zeman's departure as opposed to the 10 goals and 2 assists he had when Zeman was there. This highlights two things firstly the fact that Lamela had less assists and more goals in the first half of the season under Zeman shows that he basically did play as a striker and the 5 goals and 3 assists show that under the interim coach Aurelio Andreazzoli he played as more of a winger which is the position he would be playing in our system meaning that we cannot expect the same output as the first half of last season as the tactics were totally different to the way we play. That is why I believe that 30 million is way over the top even if the fee we paid was based on potential or based on the player we think he can become it to is over the top as rarely do players turn out the way we think they will.

Original post: Very overrated footballer scored 15 goals and had 5 assists in a season which he played the majority of under the great Zdenek Zeman who is essentially the Arsene Wenger of Serie A in that he has a group of footballing principles which he will never abandon. Has been playing the same 433 all out attacking brand of football since the late 80s where the full backs are wingers, the front 3 are all strikers and the middle 3 are constantly making runs forward without a care in the world for defending, which is left up to the 2 centre backs and the goalkeeper who is essentially a sweeper. 30 million wasted if you ask me, shame.

I stand by what I said, after the departure of Zeman and the dismantling of his all out attacking system Lamela only had 3 assists and 5 goals in the 4 months after Zeman's departure as opposed to the 10 goals and 2 assists he had when Zeman was there. This highlights two things firstly the fact that Lamela had less assists and more goals in the first half of the season under Zeman shows that he basically did play as a striker and the 5 goals and 3 assists show that under the interim coach Aurelio Andreazzoli he played as more of a winger which is the position he would be playing in our system meaning that we cannot expect the same output as the first half of last season as the tactics were totally different to the way we play. That is why I believe that 30 million is way over the top even if the fee we paid was based on potential or based on the player we think he can become it to is over the top as rarely do players turn out the way we think they will.

Original post: Very overrated footballer scored 15 goals and had 5 assists in a season which he played the majority of under the great Zdenek Zeman who is essentially the Arsene Wenger of Serie A in that he has a group of footballing principles which he will never abandon. Has been playing the same 433 all out attacking brand of football since the late 80s where the full backs are wingers, the front 3 are all strikers and the middle 3 are constantly making runs forward without a care in the world for defending, which is left up to the 2 centre backs and the goalkeeper who is essentially a sweeper. 30 million wasted if you ask me, shame.

That's the biggest load of bullshit I have read in a long time. What this "great" Zeman is the reason why Lamela was good and when he left he weren't? Scoring 5 goals and getting 3 assists under the new coach is actually still pretty good so I really don't see how that justifies your point. Lamela is not over rated because I have a friend who is a huge inter Milan fan. He lives and breathes seria A. I have watched a few Roma games round his and Lamela is an extraordinary player. My mate who has basically seen him week in week out says he will be one of the best players in the premier league by his 2nd season. Lamela will be brilliant, get off his bloody back.

I wouldn't be averse to Lamela starting on Sunday. West Ham are low on confidence, potentially it is a great chance for players like Soldado and Lamela to have an impact.

Back
Top Bottom