Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think his going to be a jose golden boy.

Not sure if jose will it at first but when lamela rakes his studs down a full backs legs hose will realise we have a nasty bastard in the clothes of an ineffectual winger

I dont think he will start every week but in big games when jose wants to get to the opposition he will bring lamela out to do just that.

I cant wait.

Agree, Jose loves an attacking player who is also a workhouse. I can see Erik getting a lot of minutes rotating with Lucas.

Unfortunately, I don't know where that leave Lo Celso. He looked promising in a couple of cameos but there's no way Jose will drop Dele to accommodate him.

Ah, in order to "be Jose golden boy" or "Erik getting a lot of minutes" assumes that he actually would not be injured.
Which he almost always is. Last season when he could actually pich in reasonably was season 15/16. 3 seasons in a row he has been crooked and by the looks of it, remains to be. Absolutely 0 signs anything to change in that regard. As much as it hurts me to say it - we totally need an upgrade on him, he is unreliable.

Also - Dele is Jose's golden boy already.

Hasn't a lot of his injuries occurred in training? perhaps that is the problem? We will see if he comes back in the next couple of weeks and lasts the rest of the season uninjured.

Alli won't be unless he produces. Trust me on that.

Mourinho ain't here to fail.
On the one hand I agree, on the other I see Dier and Sissoko starting in midfield whilst Winks, Ndombele and Lo Celso sit on the bench...

Can't quite marry that up with Jose being one of the most successful managers going, surely he'll see through it at some point???

I've always felt really disappointed for Lamela, he's one of my favourite players but I'm not sure what future he has with us.
I'm sure no professional footballer wants injuries, but Lamela sadly does seem to suffer more than others. He absolutely loves the club though and works his socks off every game, there are a few other players who could learn from him on that front. Unfortunately I'm not sure his talent matches his tenacity though.

I've always felt really disappointed for Lamela, he's one of my favourite players but I'm not sure what future he has with us.
I'm sure no professional footballer wants injuries, but Lamela sadly does seem to suffer more than others. He absolutely loves the club though and works his socks off every game, there are a few other players who could learn from him on that front. Unfortunately I'm not sure his talent matches his tenacity though.

He is plenty talented. He simply has injury issues.

He is plenty talented. He simply has injury issues.

I think some people don’t quite appreciate how bad the double hip injury was. Most players in that situation would probably have retired.

If our physios think he is fit enough to remain with us then I have full confidence in him. He always gives 100%, if only we could transfer his essence into some of our other players we would never lose a game. He is not a wimp.

Back
Top Bottom