Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I've just been listening to José's press conference. Was he saying that Lamela has been out for two months or that he will be out for another two months?
Was just on sky sports news, couldn't hear it 100% with the kids running wild in the house .. But that's what I took from it, José saying hopefully he's back soon as he needs more attacking options.

I think with a bit of imagination you could actually see how his tenacious approach and direct passing abilities could suit a Mourinho team. At least as a sub.
His injury record is awful though, and Mourinho may well not have the patience for it, so you might get your wish.

If fit he must be on the bench

Great impact sub

The best ability is availability.....

As a sub he is perfect.
But even when he doesn't play, he STILL gets injured like 80% of the time.
No point in having him if he can't play most of his game due to injury.

I like him but he just can't stay healthy.

I think his going to be a jose golden boy.

Not sure if jose will it at first but when lamela rakes his studs down a full backs legs hose will realise we have a nasty bastard in the clothes of an ineffectual winger

I dont think he will start every week but in big games when jose wants to get to the opposition he will bring lamela out to do just that.

I cant wait.

Not sure if jose will it at first but when lamela rakes his studs down a full backs legs hose will realise we have a nasty bastard in the clothes of an ineffectual winger

I dont think he will start every week but in big games when jose wants to get to the opposition he will bring lamela out to do just that.

I cant wait.
He'd have to not be injured first which seems highly improbable these days

Can’t recall where I heard it but, the greatest ability is availability. Sums Lamela up to a tee. He can be a wonderful player, but if he’s on his arse nine months a year, there’s no point now.

I cant wait.

Agree, Jose loves an attacking player who is also a workhouse. I can see Erik getting a lot of minutes rotating with Lucas.

Unfortunately, I don't know where that leave Lo Celso. He looked promising in a couple of cameos but there's no way Jose will drop Dele to accommodate him.

I don't see Lo Celso staying the distance as an understudy. He'll want to be first choice somewhere else. I wonder how he felt when Poch left as his fellow Argentine must have been a big part of why he agreed to join.

I don't see Lo Celso staying the distance as an understudy. He'll want to be first choice somewhere else. I wonder how he felt when Poch left as his fellow Argentine must have been a big part of why he agreed to join.

It's a real weird dynamic when you consider he may be made permanent in the summer regardless of what he or us would prefer.

It's a real weird dynamic when you consider he may be made permanent in the summer regardless of what he or us would prefer.

Getting him without actually wanting him anymore would be a strange outcome, but there's also the option of selling him that very summer. There would be quite a few takers I imagine.

I still hope he turns out a success, but the clock is ticking...

Back
Top Bottom