Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Was brilliant and helped rose lock down the left side, did all the little things we needed. Composure, closing down, helping keep the shape, bringing the ball up the pitch, winning fouls to alleviate pressure.

Very underrated part of his game.

Knock the ball ahead, too far ahead. Lure the defender to commit for a challenge, then a burst of pace to get to the ball first, shield with his body and win a blatant foul.

Hes a great player to bring on no matter what the score in the match. Driving runs to push us forward if we need a goal, energy and aggression to snuff out the opponent if we're leading. He still feels he has something to prove to the club, where other players who have 'made it' are not as bothered.

Last edited:
I always thought we bought a flimsy, luxury player but in actual fact Lamela is a tenacious fucker who works his arse off, he may not always do the right thing but he will give 100% . I like the fella

Let us be honest, over the years the faux comparisons with Eriksen have been irrelevant. Eriksen was the better attacking player with the record to prove it.

However, Lamelas primary asset is no longer going forward, quite the contrary.

Still, I am still uncomfortable with him in midfield. IMHO his best position is as a false 9, and he is a very, very good finisher.

Think he looks in outstanding physical condition this season (relative to his physiology).

Not running off centre, as much, think he is eating right and did the right things this summer past. Maybe started Yoga or got a new PTI?

Love Coco, he is a driving player.

When Eriksen goes (hopefully January, but doubt it), I think we may see a level or two rise in Lamela's game, as clearly there is a rivalry thing going on due to them arriving same time and wanting the same pitch positions.

In Poch's place I would start Lamela over Eriksen (right now, unless/until Christian can find his game again, for longer periods of the game, as it is way off right now).

Think he looks in outstanding physical condition this season (relative to his physiology).

Not running off centre, as much, think he is eating right and did the right things this summer past. Maybe started Yoga or got a new PTI?

Love Coco, he is a driving player.

When Eriksen goes (hopefully January, but doubt it), I think we may see a level or two rise in Lamela's game, as clearly there is a rivalry thing going on due to them arriving same time and wanting the same pitch positions.

In Poch's place I would start Lamela over Eriksen (right now, unless/until Christian can find his game again, for longer periods of the game, as it is way off right now).

I have it on good authority that Lamela is a large doner kebab and chips man....

Does that fit the script?

Very underrated part of his game.

Knock the ball ahead, too far ahead. Lure the defender to commit for a challenge, then a burst of pace to get to the ball first, shield with his body and win a blatant foul.
Him and Rose are our masters of the dark arts. They know just how to draw a foul whilst still playing within the rules of the law themselves.

Back
Top Bottom