Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Was really excited when we signed Lamela but what a strange signing it was, he is nothing like the player I seen at Roma, had a bit of pace and cutting inside with an eye for goal.

Now we clearly haven’t seen as much as we would like to but you can’t help but like the kid. His tenacity, workrate and a bit of a cunty side has made him grow on me so much more. I really hope this is just a minor setback and he comes back strong, I thought his short cameo against Fulham he looked good.

Buzzing for him.

Two games he's come off the bench this season, got the excellent assist against Fulham and scored an excellent goal today.

He probably deserves a start in the Champions League to be honest, if it's a bit too soon for him after his injury, then definitely needs to start in our next league game. I wouldn't even be against starting him instead of Eriksen either just to give him a kick.

Buzzing for him.

Two games he's come off the bench this season, got the excellent assist against Fulham and scored an excellent goal today.

He probably deserves a start in the Champions League to be honest, if it's a bit too soon for him after his injury, then definitely needs to start in our next league game. I wouldn't even be against starting him instead of Eriksen either just to give him a kick.

Eriksen needs dropping and Lamela is a suitable replacement imo.

No bs kind of a guy who fights for the badge. Loved to see his energy against Pool. Unfortunately Moura and Lamela were only ones displaying it.

I mean, I would have rather seen our player (or 2!) be red carded for being to agressive and eager rather then to put in such passive display as we witnessed against Pool....

But okay, this is behind us now. I really hope he starts against Inter today. With Son and Moura on either side of him and Eriksen getting a bit of rest. What is the worst thing that can happen? That we are too slow/lack cutting edge on attack? Well... it was the case in both of recent losses. On defence side I don't think we lose anything with Eriksen->Coco switch. Plus he was good against Juve away last year. And we can always bring on Eriksen if needed at like 55 min mark...

Come on Coco, don't let me down now!!

We have missed his constant pressing and workrate. He sets the tone for the team, that period when he was in the team a couple of years ago made every player work that little bit harder imo.

NEVER TAKE LAMELA OFF WHEN WE'RE WINNING BY A FINE MARGIN.

Didn't work in 15/16. Doesn't work now.

It's true he shouldn't have come off - you want Lamela on to see the game out. But it's also true he shouldn't have started as he was absolutely gash. Did nothing good in the first half then missed several chances in the second - including shooting instead of squaring to Kane. I hope that's the last we see of him in the starting line up for a while. He's a sub not a starter.

It's true he shouldn't have come off - you want Lamela on to see the game out. But it's also true he shouldn't have started as he was absolutely gash. Did nothing good in the first half then missed several chances in the second - including shooting instead of squaring to Kane. I hope that's the last we see of him in the starting line up for a while. He's a sub not a starter.

The pass from Lucas was absolutely terrible for the chance you're talking about.

He was definitely better than Son - so I'd probably keep starting Lamela over him.

The pass from Lucas was absolutely terrible for the chance you're talking about.

He was definitely better than Son - so I'd probably keep starting Lamela over him.

Nothing wrong with the pass, it's Lamela's shooting that's the problem. Good at volleys but with the ball on the ground he's very poor. Even worse when the ball's moving.

It's his first start of the season, I think, or one of his first starts. Guy was set to start vs United, gets injured, starts tonight and does fine. Some perspective would be nice. He did decent imo, solid 6.5/10.

It's his first start of the season, I think, or one of his first starts. Guy was set to start vs United, gets injured, starts tonight and does fine. Some perspective would be nice. He did decent imo, solid 6.5/10.

He was our best player behind Aurier. Easily.

He was our best player behind Aurier. Easily.
I would have said Eriksen. Thought he was back.

I love Lucas, it's always a joy to watch players willing to take on and look to get behind the oppo, but looking objectively he didn't link with anyone that I can remember last night, it was a bit solo from him. I've no issues with this if he sticks it away like against Utd but if you are going to run behind or at the oppo you need to get your pass away at some point.

Might be a bit harsh, as I freely defended Sonny and his runs that lead to nothing (Lamela's and Dele's attacking too) but I feel we have Dele that follows a lot of Sonny's runs and pick up the pieces high up the pitch if it breaks down. Just don't see any repeatable patterns to his play yet, runs that other players know what to expect, whether he going to cut it back or go back post. Kane and Dele seem to know how to link, they know each others game and where to be.

Back
Top Bottom