Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You lost all right to critique Lamela when you belittled his injuries and took the piss out of his mental health.

That, and a long, long list of others. You West Ham Horsenoshing Cat Nonce.

Take it to the Forum Toilet, where most of your posts belong. Go and start a three page argument with someone else because I have better things to do.

It seems to me to be the other way around. Whenever anyone tries to be positive about Lamela (our player!), the ‘anti Lamela bandwagon’ immediately jumps on it, rubbishes it and ridicules the poster for being positive in the first place.

It’s tiresome, honestly.

I like Lamela, he may even be one of my favourite players for several reasons and I think it is awful the amount of constant criticism a small selection of posters insist on giving him. Over and over and over again.....

I think you're being oversensitive. The sum total of "criticism" about Lamela since his last game has amounted to disputing the fact he'd make a good central midfielder, and also a discussion about his goal scoring record. I think I and others made our points with fair comments and stats to back it up. I think sometimes people feel the need to be over protective of him.

I think you're being oversensitive. The sum total of "criticism" about Lamela since his last game has amounted to disputing the fact he'd make a good central midfielder, and also a discussion about his goal scoring record. I think I and others made our points with fair comments and stats to back it up. I think sometimes people feel the need to be over protective of him.

I am not being sensitive at all. It is a fact that if anything positive is put in this thread about Lamela, it is just a matter of time before you or superstaryid come along and trash it. Yep, with proof, and stats and yada yada yada.. Every time, same point, over and over. I don't bite, I don't defend him, just irritates me to keep reading the same thing.

Newbie of sorts here, just want to say that I loooooove Coco Lamela’s intensity and enthusiasm. He’s clearly valued by the coaching staff. I remember Ryan Mason say that he’s met nobody who loves football as much.

Lamela has a tremendous blend of spite, aggression and creativity and having him as a squad player/sometime first XI player is more than a good thing I reckon.

Do you understand why you keep getting red cards? It's because you wreck threads with tiresome petty arguments and weird stuff related to sex with animals. You're back and doing the same thing again.
Mate, I don't give two fucks about a red card. You're a wanker who prides himself on being overly critical of a spurs player. A spurs player that absolutely loves the club and gives his all every game.

Just stop talking about Lamela.

Putting aside his fitness because that's something he can do very little about.

He's actually been quite effective when he has played, indicating that he's very handy to keep around as a squad player.

He's had 69 starts and 42 appearances in the league, contributing 10 goals and 21 assists, as you said. In total, this means he's had 31 direct goal contributions in 111 games, which is slightly less than 1 every 3 games.

Given the number of sub appearances in that, that doesn't actually tell the whole story. Squawka has him down for 6435 minutes for Spurs in the PL. That means he averages a direct goal contribution every 207 minutes, so not quite 1 in every 2 games.

When you consider the disruptions he's had in his career and lack of continuity and momentum, I would suggest this is excellent for someone who is currently considered a squad player. In fact, I would argue that to do this in spite of his injuries is all the more impressive.

There's also a whole range of intanglibles to consider, such as his effectiveness in Pochettino's system, movement, defensive work and work rate.

So, why is that not good enough? Is it because he cots 30m or because you mistakenly believe that he was supposed to replace Bale? 30m is hardly anything these days, and as for the latter, that's a problem with your expectations then, not with what he's actually produced.

When you look at the objective reality, he more than justifies his place in the squad, and any other judgement is just not based on reality, just blind bias or preconceived ideas of what he should be.
superstaryid superstaryid you seem happy to reply to everything else, so I wonder why you're not responding to the facts and questions in this? Does it so comprehensively debunk your narrative that you're actively avoiding it?

superstaryid superstaryid you seem happy to reply to everything else, so I wonder why you're not responding to the facts and questions in this? Does it so comprehensively debunk your narrative that you're actively avoiding it?

Putting aside his fitness is my problem with the post , should we put aside Fitness if we're discussing Andy Carroll ? Bottom line is Lamela has scored 10 goals and made 21 PL assists in 5 years at the club.

Putting aside his fitness is my problem with the post , should we put aside Fitness if we're discussing Andy Carroll ? Bottom line is Lamela has scored 10 goals and made 21 PL assists in 5 years at the club.
LOL did you really only just read the first line?

To refresh, it was in the context of your comment: "Needs a big season to justify his place in the squad for me and he's very lucky to even have the chance."

Aside from all the very valuable intangibles he brings in Pochettino's system, why is a direct goal contribution once every 200 minutes not "justifying his place in the squad? By any measure, that's an outstanding ratio for a squad player.

I am not being sensitive at all. It is a fact that if anything positive is put in this thread about Lamela, it is just a matter of time before you or superstaryid come along and trash it. Yep, with proof, and stats and yada yada yada.. Every time, same point, over and over. I don't bite, I don't defend him, just irritates me to keep reading the same thing.

I'm a big fan of his. I have had to defend him to mates even during matches although I have manged to show a few of them the error of their ways. Of course they all have selective memories now and have 'always liked him'

Back
Top Bottom