Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Kane scores all the time tho, Lamela has 10 goals an 21 assists in 5 years and has only been fit for around 60 % of matches that for me is the bottom line and isn't good enough. Needs a big season to justify his place in the squad for me and he's very lucky to even have the chance.
Putting aside his fitness because that's something he can do very little about.

He's actually been quite effective when he has played, indicating that he's very handy to keep around as a squad player.

He's had 69 starts and 42 appearances in the league, contributing 10 goals and 21 assists, as you said. In total, this means he's had 31 direct goal contributions in 111 games, which is slightly less than 1 every 3 games.

Given the number of sub appearances in that, that doesn't actually tell the whole story. Squawka has him down for 6435 minutes for Spurs in the PL. That means he averages a direct goal contribution every 207 minutes, so not quite 1 in every 2 games.

When you consider the disruptions he's had in his career and lack of continuity and momentum, I would suggest this is excellent for someone who is currently considered a squad player. In fact, I would argue that to do this in spite of his injuries is all the more impressive.

There's also a whole range of intanglibles to consider, such as his effectiveness in Pochettino's system, movement, defensive work and work rate.

So, why is that not good enough? Is it because he cots 30m or because you mistakenly believe that he was supposed to replace Bale? 30m is hardly anything these days, and as for the latter, that's a problem with your expectations then, not with what he's actually produced.

When you look at the objective reality, he more than justifies his place in the squad, and any other judgement is just not based on reality, just blind bias or preconceived ideas of what he should be.

some horrible calls on TFC this week.

first Kane has a bad attitude now this shit about Lamela's injuries.

some posters have been literally all over the shop.

some horrible calls on TFC this week.

first Kane has a bad attitude now this shit about Lamela's injuries.

some posters have been literally all over the shop.

Hows it shit Lamela has played 12 more pl games than Andy Carroll in the last five years, that my pedigree chum is a reality that needs to be dramatically improved upon.

whooooaaaaaaaaaaaaa......

what plant?
A triffid,

give him a slap!

Original-Triffid_04.jpg

How in the world are you comparing Kane's and Lamela's finishing ability. Kane has scored countless brilliant goals and Lamela has maybe scored a couple decent shots. The single best player ever when it comes to through balls? Come on. It makes all your pro-Lamela stuff come off as ridiculous. At least try to be objective.

I'm not comparing their finishing ability, I thought that was blatantly obvious, but apparently not.

Someone said Lamela scuffs some finishes so no one passes to him. I said so does Kane. If people passed to Lamela more he would score more, I think that's pretty much a universal law of football.

If someone doesn't pass Dele or Son in they go mental, yet when no one passes to Lamela he runs back to defend. If he bitched at his team mates more, maybe he'd get more chances given to him.

I can't think of many who can take the ball, dribble with it and draw 5 defenders to him and at the very last second pass the perfect ball to the right player.

• Watch at 3:59. He has 3 defenders near him, 7 defenders in total near the area. He cuts through every single one and finds Kane.
  • Watch at 4:32. There are 8 defenders back and he cuts through them in 1 pass for Masons last goal for us, I believe.
  • 5:02. The goal against City. 6 defenders back, he runs with the ball, 1 pass through Otamendi's legs and Eriksen scores.
  • 5:54, goal against Chelsea. 6 defenders back, perfect ball for Kane, goal.

I could go on and on, but I don't see the point. His vision is exceptional, the best at the club in my eyes, and his through balls are that good. No one in our team is as direct running through a midfield, he gains us 30-40 yards with 1 run. Every time he starts in a big game he works his bollocks off, and I think he should start vs United.

I'm not comparing their finishing ability, I thought that was blatantly obvious, but apparently not.

Someone said Lamela scuffs some finishes so no one passes to him. I said so does Kane. If people passed to Lamela more he would score more, I think that's pretty much a universal law of football.

If someone doesn't pass Dele or Son in they go mental, yet when no one passes to Lamela he runs back to defend. If he bitched at his team mates more, maybe he'd get more chances given to him.

I can't think of many who can take the ball, dribble with it and draw 5 defenders to him and at the very last second pass the perfect ball to the right player.

• Watch at 3:59. He has 3 defenders near him, 7 defenders in total near the area. He cuts through every single one and finds Kane.
  • Watch at 4:32. There are 8 defenders back and he cuts through them in 1 pass for Masons last goal for us, I believe.
  • 5:02. The goal against City. 6 defenders back, he runs with the ball, 1 pass through Otamendi's legs and Eriksen scores.
  • 5:54, goal against Chelsea. 6 defenders back, perfect ball for Kane, goal.

I could go on and on, but I don't see the point. His vision is exceptional, the best at the club in my eyes, and his through balls are that good. No one in our team is as direct running through a midfield, he gains us 30-40 yards with 1 run. Every time he starts in a big game he works his bollocks off, and I think he should start vs United.

Lamela's stats tell the truth:

Erik Lamela Statistics | Premier League

10 goals scored - 12 big chances missed,
Not even Sterling has missed more big chances than goals scored!

A shooting accuracy of 34%.

He's got virtues of course, but as a goal threat he's absolutely abysmal.

And he's well behind Eriksen and Dele in terms of creativity. He's a squad player, a good sub to bring on, but please don't make him out to be something he simply isn't.

And he's well behind Eriksen and Dele in terms of creativity. He's a squad player, a good sub to bring on, but please don't make him out to be something he simply isn't.

Everyone knows what you think. Please don't reply to my comments, I find you utterly boring and I don't think you have anything of value to say.

Everyone knows what you think. Please don't reply to my comments, I find you utterly boring and I don't think you have anything of value to say.

You made reference to my comment about Lamela scuffing shots, which is why replied. I don't remember anything you've ever written, you're utterly ummemorable, so I'll put you on ignore and it's best if you do for me as well as I don't go in for tit the tat arguments.

Lamela...probably the nicest dude on the team, been fighting since day one, has gone through hell with his brother, dog, and injuries and yet people still want to throw him under the bus and create rumors about a coke addiction.

Erik, some of us love you and are excited to have you back. Some you will never win over.

Lamela...probably the nicest dude on the team, been fighting since day one, has gone through hell with his brother, dog, and injuries and yet people still want to throw him under the bus and create rumors about a coke addiction.

Erik, some of us love you and are excited to have you back. Some you will never win over.

Been through hell with his dog ? Behave

Lamela will win everyone over and he stays fit and delivers consistently , he's done neither in 5 years , why is it such a crime on this thread not to be part of the pro Lamela bandwagon that forcefully rams the the pro Lamela agenda down everyones throat !

Been through hell with his dog ? Behave

Lamela will win everyone over and he stays fit and delivers consistently , he's done neither in 5 years , why is it such a crime on this thread not to be part of the pro Lamela bandwagon that forcefully rams the the pro Lamela agenda down everyones throat !

It seems to me to be the other way around. Whenever anyone tries to be positive about Lamela (our player!), the ‘anti Lamela bandwagon’ immediately jumps on it, rubbishes it and ridicules the poster for being positive in the first place.

It’s tiresome, honestly.

I like Lamela, he may even be one of my favourite players for several reasons and I think it is awful the amount of constant criticism a small selection of posters insist on giving him. Over and over and over again.....

you could argue that it's actually an incredible amount of mental strength shown on his part. i don't think i've ever seen such enthusiasm in the face of such misfortune.

You lost all right to critique Lamela when you belittled his injuries and took the piss out of his mental health.

That, and a long, long list of others. You West Ham Horsenoshing Cat Nonce.

Back
Top Bottom