Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I didn't watch the last 15 mins as it exacerbates my health problems when it's stressfully close in a big game, I'll watch it later but from what I've seen he did very well. Defending a 1-0 lead I'd always bring on Lamela or keep him on if he started. He's the man in that situation, and there no-one better at starting some aggro or leaving a foot in but avoiding a red card. I thought he was more direct today. A couple of times he attacked the space when it was there, drove forward and got shots away, whereas in the past he's often tended to hold up play, cut inside and look for a pass and the chance goes away.

I'm always willing to change my mind about player.

He's back in terms of fitness and passion, gutted he didn't get a goal today!

New smiley.....make it so...
DVsUEeJW0AABP0U.jpg

Love that stamp on Flabbygas...

& now have another favorate “Fuck You, Pussy” to Jack Wheelchair. Absolutely fantastic and well deserved :dembelelol:

Think I like this one better...
DVtEKT1X0AYFLBG.jpg:large
This isn't the first time Wilshere has tried to get into the face of someone much larger/stronger than him...

I can't figure out if he's stupid enough to really pick fights with opponents who've got half a foot in height on him or if he's well aware that they'd never seriously hit back so he can act all tough with no consequences.

If you search "potential" in this thread then it yields 9 pages of results. I don't think you can continue to use such a word for a player who is 26 in a few weeks. For context, when Lamela joined, Harry Kane had made one sub appearance and think of all he has done in that time and is 16 months younger than him. Dele Alli is about the same age now as when Lamela joined and think all he has done up to this point, the point from which Lamela started. With Dele, we can still talk about potential but with a near 26 year old? Eriksen and Son are players we once talked about with potential but we don't anymore because they have fullfilled it. Lamela as an option in important games ahead Eriksen, Dele or Son? Absolutely no chance and it's ridiculous to say anything he does in a home game against a League 2 team should put him ahead of the likes of those 3. Over 50% percent of his 20 goals have come in either Europa League group games or early round domestic cup games against lower tier opposition. For contrast, around 85% of Eriksen's goals have either been in the PL, CL or later rounds of the Europa league/domestic cups.

Proved you quite a bit wrong tonight didnt he. We forget when we slate football players that they are quite incredible athletes. Erik Lamela showed today how after less than a handle full of games after returning to the fold that hunger, determination and guile are a virtue to this sport.

Back
Top Bottom