Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Proved you quite a bit wrong tonight didnt he. We forget when we slate football players that they are quite incredible athletes. Erik Lamela showed today how after less than a handle full of games after returning to the fold that hunger, determination and guile are a virtue to this sport.

I gave him due credit for coming on and doing well but he's still got some way to go to get to the levels of Kane, Eriksen, Dele or Son. I'd say he's pushing himself ahead of Sissoko but not those 4. And we've yet to see what Moura can do. I just want to see Tottenham win every game, it's not about point scoring between supporters on a forum as some people seem to think it is.

And I cant agree with you more on your last point. I'd been hanging around Woolwich fans most of the day so I'd been on a middle finger mission for most of it! Correct about Moura. Should make for fierce competition within the front 3, which is really what we have been needing for how many years now?

He's thriving with being back in the team.after that awful lay off.
Think I like this one better...
DVtEKT1X0AYFLBG.jpg:large
I know footballers are meant to open a pub when they retire but I reckon Tripper's got his heart set on a career as a doorman

a very difficult year out for Lamella and he comes back, is strong, positive, gets stuck in and helps out both defensively and offensively – what a player to have available for the run in.

Sure he missed his chance and made a bad call... Son does the same and he's playing consistently. Lamella will score a few more before the season is done i'm sure

I didn't watch the last 15 mins as it exacerbates my health problems when it's stressfully close in a big game, I'll watch it later but from what I've seen he did very well. Defending a 1-0 lead I'd always bring on Lamela or keep him on if he started. He's the man in that situation, and there no-one better at starting some aggro or leaving a foot in but avoiding a red card. I thought he was more direct today. A couple of times he attacked the space when it was there, drove forward and got shots away, whereas in the past he's often tended to hold up play, cut inside and look for a pass and the chance goes away.

I'm always willing to change my mind about player.

tumblr_mp14wowAl41s99dcoo1_r3_400.gif

Good all round performance. He's always very reliable in tough away games. I'd expect Son to come in for the home game because he's been spectacular at Wembley. Roma away would be a nice draw if we get past Juve and that would also be a good game for Lamela to come in for.

Back
Top Bottom