Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He sucked really bad against Spammers. With the most negative body language. Will give him until this summer to prove himself before I join the out train.

So Andy Murray has spent 6 months convalescing from his hip injury and now finds he needs to have
an operation on it. Remind you of any one? Just shows these hip injuries are a bitch.

Never thought I'd like an Ahab post but you hit the nail on the head. Not all injuries are equal and I'd rather they get dealt with properly so we continue to get the best out of our players. And I trust our medical team knows how to deal with these injuries better than most people in the world.

Never thought I'd like an Ahab post but you hit the nail on the head. Not all injuries are equal and I'd rather they get dealt with properly so we continue to get the best out of our players. And I trust our medical team knows how to deal with these injuries better than most people in the world.

Agreed and also so what if perhaps he had some mental health issues and the club protected his privacy and helped him overcome. I'd personally applaud both him and the club. I don't think that was the case but if it was,,,

I, honestly, don't trust our medical team. I really don't, and I'm generally positive about everything. But be it Lamela, Wanyama, Rose, etc. we seem to have (from the outside at least) a bad habit of underestimating injuries on initial diagnosis leading to bringing players back a bit too soon leading to more serious injuries and longer recovery periods. It's either that or the news that filters out initially about injuries is too optimistic for whatever reason.

It's just fucking weird how it's always X had a minor injury to Y, back soon....and then weeks/months later we hear about a setback. I've spent a sad amount of my free time following sport, and I just can't name another club in any sport that so chronically has players out past the original diagnosis.

I, honestly, don't trust our medical team. I really don't, and I'm generally positive about everything. But be it Lamela, Wanyama, Rose, etc. we seem to have (from the outside at least) a bad habit of underestimating injuries on initial diagnosis leading to bringing players back a bit too soon leading to more serious injuries and longer recovery periods. It's either that or the news that filters out initially about injuries is too optimistic for whatever reason.

It's just fucking weird how it's always X had a minor injury to Y, back soon....and then weeks/months later we hear about a setback. I've spent a sad amount of my free time following sport, and I just can't name another club in any sport that so chronically has players out past the original diagnosis.

Both the gooners and liverpool have had a way worst injury history. Look at city and Jesus/Aguero/Company/Silva. Theres no way our medical staff is not on par with the rest of the league. Considering our coach and the fitness demands you might say we are a pretty fit and well managed club injury wise.
The issue is with you reading and believing all the twitter shit that is being shared. Look at the club statements page and you can clearly see that all the injuries are assessed over days and weeks. That shit you read in twitter 20min after a game is nonsense.

A young David Gina, looking like Erik Lamela!
DUEDDXLWkAA8X07.jpg

Crap performance again , the fact that Erikssen is absent and he only gets 20 minutes in a game thats screaming out for creativity is telling , when he gets a chance he needs to take it but he never does , flog him to China and move on time.

Crap performance again , the fact that Erikssen is absent and he only gets 20 minutes in a game thats screaming out for creativity is telling , when he gets a chance he needs to take it but he never does , flog him to China and move on time.

He was out injured for a year! Yes he was poor when he came on but when he’s at it he’s a good player. I would have started him knowing eriksen was out.

Simply brought him on too late. Wasn't the best when he come on and he probably should have started. Looked to me as if Pochettino was trying a 4-3-3 as opposed to playing 4-2-3-1 and simply slotting him in where Eriksen tends to play.

Probably starts away at Newport.

A 20 minute exhibition of why he's not good enough. Poor first touches, leading to loss of possession. He constantly wants more time that isn't there. Had the chance to set Sissoko free but would have needed to use his right so played the easier pass to Kane, which he under hit under pressure, though luckily won the freekick in that case. Three chances to score and fluffed them all. Wanted more touches and time from two yards out, didn't anticipate Kane going cross goal, bad positioning, static. And miskicked the other chance. Didn't make anything happen or change thr game. If we can send him the other way in a deal for Malcom it'll be in everyone's best interests.

We'll get a game changer and he'll get to play every week, go somewhere for a few months where he's "the man" and if he can't be a difference maker there we can be certain it's time to sell him.

It’s time for him to move on, he has been a massive flop. He is 26 soon, he hasn’t lived up to anywhere the potential his showed at River and Roma. A very average footballer.
I don’t think he’s average at all. But he will probably flourish at a league like the Seria A as opposed to the tight space and counters of the PL

Last edited:
The guy has been out for a year and is yet to play more than 60 minutes in a match since his return.

Remember when walker was out for months, his first dozen games back were not great and then he found his form.

Lamela needs time to slot back in.

A 20 minute exhibition of why he's not good enough. Poor first touches, leading to loss of possession. He constantly wants more time that isn't there. Had the chance to set Sissoko free but would have needed to use his right so played the easier pass to Kane, which he under hit under pressure, though luckily won the freekick in that case. Three chances to score and fluffed them all. Wanted more touches and time from two yards out, didn't anticipate Kane going cross goal, bad positioning, static. And miskicked the other chance. Didn't make anything happen or change thr game. If we can send him the other way in a deal for Malcom it'll be in everyone's best interests.

We'll get a game changer and he'll get to play every week, go somewhere for a few months where he's "the man" and if he can't be a difference maker there we can be certain it's time to sell him.
your first 2 sentences apply equally to Delli except that it was for 90 mins plus Delli constantly played the ball to far ahead of himself and ended up losing it when there were easy options to pass. Your second point is interesting re swap for Malcom, but who would you drop to make room Son, Erickson or Delli, so that Malcom can play every week ?

your first 2 sentences apply equally to Delli except that it was for 90 mins plus Delli constantly played the ball to far ahead of himself and ended up losing it when there were easy options to pass. Your second point is interesting re swap for Malcom, but who would you drop to make room Son, Erickson or Delli, so that Malcom can play every week ?

I think his point is that no one would be dropped. Malcolm would provide cover for the other 3, and be rotated. At present, he is just not good enough to take over one of those starting spots over any of the other 3.. but might be a valuable player to have on the bench.. and for development.

Back
Top Bottom