Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Did really well today. Full of beans, good touch and through balls. Alli should have passed to him earlier to slot in, and was unlucky not to score from another chance.

He's a poor finisher, hence players are less likely to pass to him. He was set up for an easy chance but put it over. His goal record in the PL and CL speaks for itself. He's yet to hit double figures in his entire Spurs career! Son's already matched his best ever total in half a season when he's played far from all the minutes, and scored 3 in the CL, he's wracking up the assists too, as are Dele and Eriksen, who also massively outscore him.

The argument for Lamela ahead of Dele, Son or Eriksen is dead and should be buried. His use is as a player who can come on and give our better players a rest. And when Wanyama and Toby are back he's struggling to keep his place on the bench. Sissoko has shown more this season.

He's a poor finisher, hence players are less likely to pass to him. He was set up for an easy chance but put it over. His goal record in the PL and CL speaks for itself. He's yet to hit double figures in his entire Spurs career! Son's already matched his best ever total in half a season when he's played far from all the minutes, and scored 3 in the CL, he's wracking up the assists too, as are Dele and Eriksen, who also massively outscore him.

The argument for Lamela ahead of Dele, Son or Eriksen is dead and should be buried. His use is as a player who can come on and give our better players a rest. And when Wanyama and Toby are back he's struggling to keep his place on the bench. Sissoko has shown more this season.
Fucking hell you’re boring

So Andy Murray has spent 6 months convalescing from his hip injury and now finds he needs to have
an operation on it. Remind you of any one? Just shows these hip injuries are a bitch.

So Andy Murray has spent 6 months convalescing from his hip injury and now finds he needs to have
an operation on it. Remind you of any one? Just shows these hip injuries are a bitch.
All relating to back being the main problem and the catalyst. Lamela had a chipped vertebrate in his first few months, played with that too! Problems start after that. Same with Murray who had a back op last year or the year before, same to me too.

There was a moment at the end where he could have taken old man Zabaleta's legs on and skinned him. But he moved inside and passed sideways. I trust he'll doing it before the end of the season.

With that in mind, how much more fruitful would it have been if Poch had thrown on Llorente instead, to go up front with Harry?

There was a moment at the end where he could have taken old man Zabaleta's legs on and skinned him. But he moved inside and passed sideways. I trust he'll doing it before the end of the season.

With that in mind, how much more fruitful would it have been if Poch had thrown on Llorente instead, to go up front with Harry?

I could point you towards countless posts where I've highlighted that Lamela always cuts inside and the lacks the ability to beat people on the outside. This often results in the pitch quite literally becoming smaller and he ends up getting in the way of players like Eriksen and Dele. I don't see any sign of this changing soon, he's not suddenly after 5 years going to start beating men and whipping in balls. It'll will be what it always is, cut inside - pass, cut inside - pass, cut inside - pass, ad infinitum. Some fans think that's great, which I respect. I want more than that though.

I was gonna rip that post to shreds but whats the point , the lengths people will go to , to find praise for Lamela on here is frightening.

It's the Fifa generation. No one would have even mentioned who'd passed it to Son 10 or 20 years ago. But this "assist" thing has come in now. So, for example, Kane doesn't get an "assist" for Dele's goal vs Swansea because he needed two goes. And Rooney didn't get the assist for the pass that led to penalty at Anfield. The football connoisseur appreciates the value of those passes but the Fifa generation only sees value in the pass that registers statistically, therefore Lamela's pass is superior. As you say, no point even arguing the point with them.

Back
Top Bottom