Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yes, you come across as a lovely humble guy who would be a right laugh & nice to know.

S'cool.... I am not here to endear myself to you.

Why do I need evidence for an opinion.
Its just my opinion & prediction that lamela wouldn't be a key starter next season.

Because by ignoring contrary evidence your opinion severely lacks credibility.

You're welcome to your opinion (no one's attacking your liberty here!).... Doesn't mean it's not bollocks though and that it won't get treated as such.

If I was to say humans could fly, I wouldn't need evidence because it's an opinion?

I hope you never end up in court. The real world would kick your arse into next week.
Yes. That's exactly how I meant it & in that exact context.
I was talking about evidence for football predictions.

What's with the court obsession?

Last edited:
Lamela is much superior footballer to Son in every way and that's not even debateable.

You have no credibility at all if you believe that. You must define technical superiority as doing pointless rollovers while producing stupid contorted facial expressions and having epileptic like arm movements.

Son does drag backs and stepovers for a purpose, to beguile defenders, which he routinely does, as shown in his second goal vs Leicester

Does that bother you? Why the need for that acknowledgement? Playing the victim again?
Victim? Its an internet forum. Jesus.
I am no victim. Its a few internet posts with strangers.

Its just sad to see you are afraid or unwilling to admit they were childish too due to popularity reasons.
They won't bite you if you say they were childish too.

Anyway, lets leave it there as you clearly have some weird thing going on where you can't just admit they were childish.

You have no credibility at all if you believe that. You must define technical superiority as doing pointless rollovers while producing stupid contorted facial expressions and having epileptic like arm movements.

Son does drag backs and stepovers for a purpose, to beguile defenders, which he routinely does, as shown in his second goal vs Leicester

To be be fair, Sonnys overall performances have gone up a big notch in recent months.... Midway through this season it was still a widely held debate as to whether he was better off as an impact sub.

Another reason why this stupid Son v Lamela stuff is pointless, blinkered shite.

Victim? Its an internet forum. Jesus.
I am no victim. Its a few internet posts with strangers.

Its just sad to see you are afraid or unwilling to admit they were childish too due to popularity reasons.
They won't bite you if you say they were childish too.

Anyway, lets leave it there as you clearly have some weird thing going on where you can't just admit they were childish.
What if I don't think they were childish? Consider that?

We were having a discussion about the merits of Lamela and for some reason you've turned it into a discussion about your sensibilities and how hard done by you are. You got petulant with me for reasons unknown (probably because you simply lost the debate, it happens) and then play victim with me involving others.

I was just presenting you evidence to counter your opinion. But it appears you are too stubborn to give an inch.

It's your opinion or it's nothing.

It's hard not to love son's attacking intent & directness.

I question your childish judgement in that case. I think both admitted posting childish stuff. Which makes it weirder that you still refuse to admit it.
They weren't petulant to me. You were. That's why I called you out on it. I'm not shoehorning myself into your spats just because you want some validation. Grow up. Infact, I've barely interacted with them on the subject as we seem to agree. So stop acting like a victim, put on your big boy pants and defend your position like an adult.

It's hard not to love son's attacking intent & directness.
With one defender to beat you'd back Son more often than not to be able to get a shot away and at least test the keeper. You wouldn't back Lamela at all. There was a moment a against West Brom away when Lamela just had a defender to beat, but the defender just showed him outside onto his right foot and Lamela couldn't do anything and nothing came of it. Poch stood on the touchline shaking his head. I think that was the moment he decided he was done with Lamela.

With one defender to beat you'd back Son more often than not to be able to get a shot away and at least test the keeper. You wouldn't back Lamela at all. There was a moment a against West Brom away when Lamela just had a defender to beat, but the defender just showed him outside onto his right foot and Lamela couldn't do anything and nothing came of it. Poch stood on the touchline shaking his head. I think that was the moment he decided he was done with Lamela.
Just like Son can do things Lamela can't, there are things Lamela can do that Son can't.

A moment.... You remember....? Plllllease do....

Boooooooring!

(Someone else mentioned this in another thread earlier today, but remember when transfer windows and FIFA-fetishism wasn't a thing? All we had was "faith in the manager" ....Bliss!)

Back
Top Bottom