Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lamela not being available took the decision away from Poch in terms of the selection of him or Son (who i have always believed is a more effective player). It also helped in Poch being able to find a back 3 formation that has been a huge success (if Lamela was fit i think i would have stuck with the 4-2-3-1 throughout and just played Lamela or Son based on form).
Don't get me wrong, i like Lamela and know he works hard but he has definitely not been missed this season. Can we upgrade on Lamela? I think so.

"Can we upgrade on Lamela?"

Ridiculous statement

Of course we could

Will we?

Unlikely

Get him fit, sign a new contract and watch him deliver like he would have this season but got injured

"Can we upgrade on Lamela?"

Ridiculous statement

Of course we could

Will we?

Unlikely

Get him fit, sign a new contract and watch him deliver like he would have this season but got injured
Why is it unlikely? We just finished 2nd and can offer a really good player a lot of promosing things
* CL football
* working under one of the best coaches in the world
* playing alongside an extremley talented team
* London lifestyle
* A very bright future in terms of new stadium etc

I'm more then confident we can attract a very good calibre player actually.

Come on people, Levy paid good money for Sissoko to be the clubs official scapegoat, why on earth is this thread being tarnished!?

:levystare::lamelashock:

Why is it unlikely? We just finished 2nd and can offer a really good player a lot of promosing things
* CL football
* London lifestyle

The downside...

- £££s - Competition for upper/top-echelon players means fees we likely won't stretch to.
- £££s - Competition for upper/top-echelon players means wages we likely won't stretch to.
- £££s - New stadium = additional spending restrictions.
- A lot a 'top' players will expect to walk into the first XI on name-value and not graft for a place.

I don't think anyone's suggesting we can't attract good/decent players, but to improve our first XI with our current financial restrictions (within the now insane market) would be extremely difficult; if not, reliant upon us laying another proverbial golden egg (a la Kane & Deli).. Something you can't legislate for.

In the interests of not 'standing still', so long as we can keep everybody together, continue their individual & collective improvement and improve the strength in depth then it's prob the best we can hope for.

* CL football
* London lifestyle

Why can't we?

Because we'd have to spend at least £40 million to get someone like that and it simply isn't required right now.

If we can get someone like Lacazette for that money, fine, he can play as a striker too. But for an out-and-out midfielder, there aren't many who:
1. We can afford
2. We would pay high wages
3. Would want to come here
4. Fit the philosophy.

Why do people always insists on saying "There must be someone better...but I refuse to name anyone! It's not my job, why should I?", because you made a fucking statement so back it up.

Who can we get for less than £30-40 million who is better than Lamela?

* CL football
* London lifestyle

You're missing my point

Get Coco fit and we wouldn't need another midfielder

Why can't we?

Because we'd have to spend at least £40 million to get someone like that and it simply isn't required right now.

If we can get someone like Lacazette for that money, fine, he can play as a striker too. But for an out-and-out midfielder, there aren't many who:
1. We can afford
2. We would pay high wages
3. Would want to come here
4. Fit the philosophy.

Why do people always insists on saying "There must be someone better...but I refuse to name anyone! It's not my job, why should I?", because you made a fucking statement so back it up.

Who can we get for less than £30-40 million who is better than Lamela?

Dele cost £5 mill and Kane cost nothing - are they not better than Lamela? Winks cost nothing and he's probably already more valuable than Lamela. Hopefully Edwards will be by this time next year. Price doesn't always equate to quality. Sissoko and Lamela himself prove that.

The trouble is that me, KingDawson, Scott and others are talking about the real Lamela. An OK player worth around 15 - 20 mill. But you and others are talking about a fantasy Lamela, or a PlayStation Lamela that only exists in your head. And you trawl through stats to try and prove what's in your head is real, and every now and then when he actually does something you see it as confirmation that the fantasy is reality.

some people like marmite, which to others is just so wrong ergo, there's a difference of opinion. that doesn't mean the pro-marmiters should shout obscenities at the anti-marmiters though, right? or does it?

Dele cost £5 mill and Kane cost nothing - are they not better than Lamela? Winks cost nothing and he's probably already more valuable than Lamela. Hopefully Edwards will be by this time next year. Price doesn't always equate to quality. Sissoko and Lamela himself prove that.

The trouble is that me, KingDawson, Scott and others are talking about the real Lamela. An OK player worth around 15 - 20 mill. But you and others are talking about a fantasy Lamela, or a PlayStation Lamela that only exists in your head. And you trawl through stats to try and prove what's in your head is real, and every now and then when he actually does something you see it as confirmation that the fantasy is reality.

I'm talking about the Lamela who was our 2nd top scorer last year and one of our most important players, even more important than Alli. A Lamela who was getting better and better and many predicted would have a break out year.

P.s. You talk shit, cunt.

I'm talking about the Lamela who was our 2nd top scorer last year and one of our most important players, even more important than Alli. A Lamela who was getting better and better and many predicted would have a break out year.

P.s. You talk shit, cunt.

There you fantasists go again, searching out stats to validate your beliefs.

He was our second top scorer because he played all the cup games. The League is the universal judgement of a player because the opponents are all of a certain standard. He's scored 8 goals in 4 years! More important than Dele? You absolute joker. Why in your mind are the mega rich clubs like the Spanish giants, City of United never linked with Lamela. We all know they want Kane, Dele, Walker, Rose, Toby, Loris plus others. But they never show any interest in Lamela. Why is that? I can go on forums of other clubs and they'll have threads dedicated to the likes of Kane and Dele, but not Lamela - because no one rates him.

Last edited:
There you fantasists to again, searching out stats to validate your beliefs.

He was our second top scorer because he played all the cup games. The League is the universal judgement of a player because the opponents are all of a certain standard. He's scored 8 goals in 4 years! More important than Dele? You absolute joker. Why in your mind are the mega rich clubs like the Spanish giants, City of United never linked with Lamela. We all know they want Kane, Dele, Walker, Rose, Toby, Loris plus others. But they never show any interest in Lamela. Why is that? I can go on forums of other clubs and they'll have threads dedicated to the likes of Kane and Dele, but not Lamela - because no one rates him.

Like you I do not see the love-in with Lamela.

Yep he had a good season in 2015/16 and gave us good service but so he should.

Good squad player but would we covet or buy him if we didn't already have him, based on what we have all seen over the years should be the question.

IMO Lamela is perfect backup for Eriksen. Just don't play them together. Eriksen has flourished this season surrounded by pace (Son, Walker, Rose, Wanyama, Jan, Toby etc) and power (Kane, Dembele, Wanyama, Dier etc)

Lamela has no power/pace. If we go back to playing Lamela, Kane, Dier, Eriksen, Dembele and Dier we will have the slowest midfield/attack in the prem: At Wembley?

IMO the mix at the end of the season was perfect. Son's pace was SO underrated. It was a catalyst to bring Eriksen, Alli and Kane into the game. If we slow it down with Lamela we will be back to 4th.

It's not the player/skill/ability. It's physics. We need to match the speed of Chelsea etc to dominate. It's why I didn't melt down when Poch benched Dembele. Before we knew it was an injury we thought it was general rotation. But tactically it's good.

I don't want Alli, Dembele, Dier, Eriksen and Kane bunched close together. As a collective it's too slow.

When I say "too slow" I mean they will still dominate most teams. But I honestly think with more pace in the attack, experience and a set piece taker to keep Eriksen on his toes we will not only win the title, but dominate Europe.

I think Lamela would have put up Eriksens numbers with the same lineup. Eriksen and Lamela are just not good partners. Stylistic/physical/movement clashes. We were spoiled this season with Eriksens fitness. One bad tackle and he can be out for 10 months (like Lamela). So we need backup.

I just hope Lamela is not crocked. He was so determined and does not deserve a second major injury.

I'm hoping we don't sign a Siggy. Again it's not the skills, it's physical. PACE!

Back
Top Bottom