Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I have to have an operation...I tried everything to recover but unfortunately my hip is still not 100% so I can't compete at the level I want to.
I'll face this challenge with a positive attitude and can't wait to get back with my team and be stronger.
Thanks everyone for your support!

After this message, I move we should suspend this thread for 6 months

I do think he is suited abroad more & is weak mentally.
I don't see how a hip operation proves he is more suited to the premiership

On what basis though Scott? Thats the thing.....you never claimed any of those things when was fit and playing.
Yet you deny being influenced about his mentality by the bullshit rumours.

The hip operation proves a lot. For one, his injury is confirmed, so people can stop saying it as "injury" followed by "maybe he has mental issues who knows" and other such crap.

Maybe Kane has mental issues.....but no one mentions that for some reason. Could it be because there are no rumours flying around about him having a drug problem.

C8GT1pKXkAEx_0Z.jpg:large

Any reason in particular why we should give a shit about this particular bloke's spewings on Twitter?

On what basis though Scott? Thats the thing.....you never claimed any of those things when was fit and playing.
Yet you deny being influenced about his mentality by the bullshit rumours.

The hip operation proves a lot. For one, his injury is confirmed, so people can stop saying it as "injury" followed by "maybe he has mental issues who knows" and other such crap.

Maybe Kane has mental issues.....but no one mentions that for some reason. Could it be because there are no rumours flying around about him having a drug problem.
We been through all this. I told you lots of reasons why. I can't be assed to go over it all again.

Actually, I said that stuff about his mentality & where he is best suited over a year before those stories came out.

& if you want to falsely believe I believed stories about crack & him being depressed because of his dog dying then that is cool with me.
I really can't force myself to care about what strangers on the internet think.
Ok, I thought lamela ran off to a crack den somewhere. Or insert what ever you like.

Still won't admit schmood being predictable I see.

Anyway, not going to get in another long argument with you for everyone's sake.
Bye.

Last edited:

I have to have an operation...I tried everything to recover but unfortunately my hip is still not 100% so I can't compete at the level I want to.
I'll face this challenge with a positive attitude and can't wait to get back with my team and be stronger.
Thanks everyone for your support!

...You not seen the full tweet when he continues on "....And bollocks to all the hysterical, media-baited twats that doubt me.... Fuck ya'll!"

It's weird. People acting as though clubs never buy injury prone players.
City paid about 20m for gundogan.
No surprise that he is out for the season.

Man City... Now there's a financial model I can get down with!:pochserious2:

It seems the people criticizing anyone for speculating are now openly speculating and deciding certain things are true.

There's no evidence the club denied giving him surgery when it was obviously needed. In the early days everything pointed towards a minor injury.

There's no evidence the surgery is anything other than exploratory to try and find the source of his pain, and we could end up back where we started if nothing is found.

I think the attempts to turn this into a "Victory for Lamela's hip day" are a little premature.

I agreed to stop speculating and coming up with theories and I think those on the other side of the debate should do the same. We simply need to wait and see.

Man City... Now there's a financial model I can get down with!:pochserious2:
Best types to sell to.
unless you only sell to teams who have financial models you can get down with.
I think you are wrong again but too arrogant to admit it.
I am wrong. You wont drop dead.

How do I know he has a thick skin? Quite fucking simple, he spent two years taking shit from his own fans and then went on to make them eat their words. Wouldn't have happened if he was the thin skinned pussy you make him out to be.

...And all of which during the paradise-era that was AVB/Timmy. :pochfacepalm:

I'll admit, in a sense, when we signed him it felt like we were signing a timid boy, yet he's long since revealed one of his key traits is his fire/tenacity.

:lamelaaghh::lamelaaghh::lamelaaghh::lamelaaghh::lamelaaghh::lamelaaghh::lamelaaghh::lamelaaghh::lamelaaghh::lamelaaghh::lamelaaghh::lamelaaghh::lamelaaghh::lamelaaghh::lamelaaghh::lamelaaghh:

It seems the people criticizing anyone for speculating are now openly speculating and deciding certain things are true.

There's no evidence the club denied giving him surgery when it was obviously needed. In the early days everything pointed towards a minor injury.

There's no evidence the surgery is anything other than exploratory to try and find the source of his pain, and we could end up back where we started if nothing is found.

I think the attempts to turn this into a "Victory for Lamela's hip day" are a little premature.

I agreed to stop speculating and coming up with theories and I think those on the other side of the debate should do the same. We simply need to wait and see.

Finds out its not some phantom pain caused in his hip by depression.

Asks for all speculation to halt.

:dembelelol::dierno::eriksenlol::levylol::pochlol::sonlol::sonpoint::vert::walker-scream:

:dembelefingers:

No one is saying he is cured, but we have proof that he is injured and concrete news from the club that SHOULD see the back of some of the pathetic shit being spouted about the guy, and put the ridiculous rumours to bed.

Its not a victory for his hip whatsover, to anyone, least of all Lamela. He is the biggest loser in this, because his preferred treatments have failed. Why would anyone celebrate that.

Maybe some wish he was pictured in an opium den as not to look as silly as they do today

Best types to sell to.
unless you only sell to teams who have financial models you can get down with.
I think you are wrong again but too arrogant to admit it.
I am wrong. You wont drop dead.

Sarcasm aside, in City we are talking about one of a handfull of clubs of such a profile....

Play ball with me for a mo'....

MAR 17 - Having missed most of this season, Lamela: "I'm having surgery"
JUL 17 - Played no competitive games for Spurs and is declared for sale.

Cue: Barca, Real, Bayern, City or Utd (who always have 'the pick of the litter') swoop with say £15m(*)???

(*which doesn't buy proven ability in his position since the last TV money hike.)

...Doesn't amount to much of a plan on our part does it?

We know what he can contribute when fit.... Given his current situ (and contrary to the reasoning of some) especially because we're entering the final year of his contract; I'd say he is worth more to us than any fee we could realistically expect to be offered (further still, if you consider what we actually have invested in him as stands)...

In my "arrogant" world, injuries are simply an occupational hazard. Meanwhile, I trust the club to handle the contract end of things right... This simply allows me (in my "arrogance" of course! ;o] ), to be patient enough to simply look forward to the return of a player who has proven to be of the caliber we currently require.... Without plotting his sale for the sake of some token dosh that will be a mere blip to our transfer kitty whilst we are sat on far more sale-able assets... (GKN/N'Jie/Bentaleb/Sissoko.... Players with lower ceilings, yet are fit & capable of raising similar fees).

If he ends up not being able to play well & regularly, then selling him would be a smart gamble that paid off.

Aside from the nominal financial gain in said scenario, shouldn't we as a club be showing a little more commitment to our injured players if we them to give it all for the shirt.... (...And for below market wages too! lol )

What if you're Toby sat their pondering your new contract?

What if you're a international compatriot or former team-mate of Erik's and Spurs are desperately trying to sign you?

...If not, then what for simple humanity of the situation? Think of yourself in the workplace... He's not skiving and deserving of a 'tough shit!' attitude... Anyone thinking that Lamela wouldn't rather have been playing all season is nuts!

(Aside: Peeps wanna chat 'depression' an such things.... Sell a player on, contrary to their desires, whilst injured and regardless of how much they earn that's a fast-track to depression/break-down/etc. for the average player right there!)

Sigh.... back to square one we go.....

Sell him to whom, you dumb fook(s)??????
This is something nobody can answer sensibly.
Who on earth is going to buy him now, or in the summer? He needs the surgery, to get fit again & to then play some games before anyone will go near him. By which time, he will probably be offered & accept a new contract. He will be back in a Spurs shirt & i for one am very happy about that.

you're probably right but that's not the point really. he has internet like anyone else so wouldn't surprise me to be honest, but even if he doesn't someone he knows probably does and it'll get back to him. anyway, it's not just on here, it's in the pubs and on the street, and the stadium and so on that these same things are said. It's just the wrong attitude to assume the worst of him when he has proven himself to us. He got shit loads of abuse the first two seasons. The first season he was new to the country, the league, shit manager, shit players around him, injuries but no one had any patience for him. He stayed and worked hard, and was much better in the second season, still he got little praise. It was only his third season that people started to talk positively about him. I think that shows great character, I have a lot of time for the lad. Now this. Just think people need to give him a break and show some respect to him, else as someone else said we don't deserve him or other players that give their all for us and we ought to go back to paying shit loads of money for the likes of Adebayor and so on.
Tottenham Hotspur FC should clarify the situation whether good news or bad. They should put a stop to all the nonsense reporting and opinions form all. Nip it in the bud now. Because other clubs will get to know, if its a serious injury, it cant be for that reason.

My feelings, they are keeping it quiet because its a discipline matter (here you go, another opinion?)

Back
Top Bottom