Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Tbh I think anybody thinking that this is just a hip injury is a bit naive, got to be something more going on. As to what it is pure guesswork.

Based on what? It's perfectly rational that it is just an injury. Hip problems aren't always cut and dry unfortunately, but that's football. I'd rather we know nothing than do an Woolwich and say back in 3 weeks and then 3 months later they are still out.

What??

His injury has been explained numerous times. If I break my leg, and tell my work, then I after a month I dont tell them again, it means Im lying?

:avbfacepalm:
We have to remember, he was leaving at one point-possibly persuaded to stay -he gave it a go and with all the shenanigans, brother, dog and injuries-hes in a place where (possibly) -he needs to move on-its the way it is.

Jesus Christ. We are back on this subject again?

The poor bugger has an injury that the club are managing.

And as for the "sell, sell, sell" merchants on here, if he is crocked who, exactly, is going to buy him?

Personally, I'd rather get him back to full fitness & playing for us as soon as possible.

He knows Poch's system & can play within it. He is a valuable member of the playing staff.

But...let's get him fit, sell him for less than we paid for him, & buy someone who is unproven in the PL & has to learn Poch's methods from scratch.

:goonermong:

I have only ever heard that his father (presumably also his agent) thought he might be 'happier' playing in Italy again. He stayed, started the season out brilliantly imo and he himself has only ever said that he wants to play for Spurs. If he is depressed, then probably down to having an illusive and frustrating injury that is stopping him doing the one thing that he loves but until he or the club tells us different, I am expecting him back in the squad as soon as they get to the bottom of what is keeping him down.

Any news on what is going on with this bloke? I have already written him off for this season but it is weird how there hasn't seemed to be any real updates on his injury. Did I remember this wrong or about a month and a half ago didn't Poch say he was close to being considered for team selection?

Chill out FFS! ...It's like impatient kids at Xmas.

No amount of tantrums (or in this case paranoid conspiracy) will make the big day arrive any sooner.

Scheming over a potential sale is ludicrous and frankly reeks of FM-itis.

Sell Lamela ahead of Sissoko, Onomah and the like???? ...Yet some equally whine about the strength of our squad depth???

:deledoubt:

Chill out FFS! ...It's like impatient kids at Xmas.

No amount of tantrums (or in this case paranoid conspiracy) will make the big day arrive any sooner.

Scheming over a potential sale is ludicrous and frankly reeks of FM-itis.

Sell Lamela ahead of Sissoko, Onomah and the like???? ...Yet some equally whine about the strength of our squad depth???

:deledoubt:
I understand your sentiment but it is a bit concerning that in his time with us he has basically missed most of two full seasons out of three.

I understand your sentiment but it is a bit concerning that in his time with us he has basically missed most of two full seasons out of three.

2 of 4 seasons.

Regardless... Unfortunate, yes, but cause for such speculation? Naaah!

Its not rational nor founded and as previously suggested just comes off like childlike impatience.

Yes I agree it's concerning and I thought that this would be his season as he had bulked up similar to the way Bale did

So we wait until next season as the potential is immense

Anyone who advocates selling needs his arse kicking or being diagnosed with a serious hip injury!

Coco to stay and help us win the title next season

Right, that's where he is.

lamela_pochettino.gif

Yes I agree it's concerning and I thought that this would be his season as he had bulked up similar to the way Bale did

Anyone who advocates selling needs his arse kicking or being diagnosed with a serious hip injury!

I agree. I mean we really have no choice at this point anyway. If we sold in the summer we wouldn't get anywhere close what we paid with him coming off an injury. I think it says a lot to what our squad has achieved without him playing this season.

If Poch rated him he'd have given him a new contract. We're only obligated to pay him one more season with the option of another. I disagree his potential is "immense". We've seen everything he has to give and he's well short of being a top player. He's simply not good enough for us and where we want to go. One footed and one paced.

I'm expecting him to be told to look for a new club and it's a case of we get what we get, around 10-15 mil given his injury record.

If Poch rated him he'd have given him a new contract. We're only obligated to pay him one more season with the option of another. I disagree his potential is "immense". We've seen everything he has to give and he's well short of being a top player. He's simply not good enough for us and where we want to go. One footed and one paced.

I'm expecting him to be told to look for a new club and it's a case of we get what we get, around 10-15 mil given his injury record.
Except when fit Poch played him every single game.

Back
Top Bottom