Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

giphy.gif

I had seen the photo they used before, noticed the Champions League ball and put two and two together that they aren't using current pictures of Lamela.

Do you have the source for this info?
Been looking for it, but couldn't find it again. I meant the season before 13/14, by the way.

Pretty sure it's the same injury anyway. Hip injuries are tiresome, he can't train in the gym, he can't build up fitness, he misses out on games - his brother isn't well, his dog died and he is missing out on our strongest run for some decades.

If he doesn't return atleast by the end of the season, I think we have to sell him, sadly. We can't allow to pay wages for players who we can't plan with next season - the stadium cost increased - and we will have to look for a new player filling up his role in the summer.

To find a player with the same profile is difficult... he has been extremely important to our unbeaten run at the start of the season. Right now, he would probably be the back-up to Dele and Eriksen, but would most likely start against the high pressing teams.

We need a new number 8/10... he needs to be fit enough for our pressing game, he needs to be aggressive and work defensively, he needs to be able to play 'that' pass... Barkley or Bernardo Silva would be perfect, but I don't think it's doable. Sissoko could fill up that role, but he is missing out on the technical bit and I personally hope he is gone in summer. Let's see what we come up with.

Lamela has missed an incredible 58 games through injury since joining from Roma. That equates to 355 days (and counting) where he hasn't been available for selection.

He must be proper gutted about how things have turned out for him. Imagine the mental stress he has been going through. Keep strong mate, keep the faith.

Jmember: 4379 said:
I'm sure Tots can look after himself, but that's how it happened. I posted the Spurs Official tweet, and I saw how the thread developed. All he did was answer a question with a bit more detail. I feel I should stick up for him here, because it was my question he responded
I'm sure Tots can look after himself, but that's how it happened. I posted the Spurs Official tweet, and I saw how the thread developed. All he did was answer a question with a bit more detail. I feel I should stick up for him here, because it was my question he responded to.
Its just a bit of fun
I dont really care
ive just discovered how to post Giffs or Gaffs what ever they are called and am taking every opportunity to use them.
Im amazed its possible to remember a photo and then find the original page it featured?
Maybe I do care?
Im confused.

Its not personal and yes, it happened they way you say.

Its just a bit of fun
I dont really care
ive just discovered how to post Giffs or Gaffs what ever they are called and am taking every opportunity to use them.
Im amazed its possible to remember a photo and then find the original page it featured?
Maybe I do care?
Im confused.

Its not personal and yes, it happened they way you say.

Go with the gifs MrS!

Wow so many conspiracy theories, fell out with the manager, got kidnapped and held in a basement, leaving Spurs at the end of the season. Bollocks. Damn the conspiracy, can't you guys see what really happened because I can, he's been abducted by some aliens that's why he is nowhere to be seen. :vdvcry:

Wow so many conspiracy theories, fell out with the manager, got kidnapped and held in a basement, leaving Spurs at the end of the season. Bollocks. Damn the conspiracy, can't you guys see what really happened because I can, he's been abducted by some aliens that's why he is nowhere to be seen. :vdvcry:
Is leaving in the summer classed as a conspiracy? If so, there will be 1000's of those conspiracies.
I am looking forward to the dean marney leaving burnley conspiracy. It's roswell all over again.

Right I love this guy when he plays for us and his attributes are just what we need but cmon wtf. I can't remember ever hearing of a player being absent for so long for no apparent reason I mean seriously, is he a member of wikileaks or some shit? I say Daniel Levy hires Roy Keane to go down his house and give him a pep talk. Because apparently he's injured/his brother is in critical condition/he has a hip injury/his dog died. Coming from a guy who's cat died last night we need some clarity and I'm not the first or last fan pissed off with this lack of information. Thousands of pounds A WEEK and no explanation?! What do we pay for? Get him on statutory sick pay like the rest of us and see how he gets on like the rest of us!!

Right I love this guy when he plays for us and his attributes are just what we need but cmon wtf. I can't remember ever hearing of a player being absent for so long for no apparent reason I mean seriously, is he a member of wikileaks or some shit? I say Daniel Levy hires Roy Keane to go down his house and give him a pep talk. Because apparently he's injured/his brother is in critical condition/he has a hip injury/his dog died. Coming from a guy who's cat died last night we need some clarity and I'm not the first or last fan pissed off with this lack of information. Thousands of pounds A WEEK and no explanation?! What do we pay for? Get him on statutory sick pay like the rest of us and see how he gets on like the rest of us!!

He. Has. A. Fucking. Hip. Injury.

We have been told numerous fucking times now.

There is your explanation. :adethumbup:

So we believe but I don't recall ever reading any quote of this in the last month or two being the case so it's speculation as far as I'm concerned. Heard so many stories I'm beginning to think it's weather balloon related:dembele:

There have been numerous times in press conferences where it has been stated that he has a hip injury. Do you want the club to send us video footage of him attending the hospital and the physio? Believe what you want, but don't act like we've been left in the dark with it when we have been told that it's an undiagnosed hip issue and that we still can't give a timescale. Instead of working on conspiracy theories, enjoy the performances our lads continue to put in, even without one of our top players.

Shattered that he is done for the season. I really really hope he hasn't played his last game for us, he is an amazing player with an unbelievable work rate. He was key for us last season and started this season so brightly.

Back
Top Bottom